Thread: Premium?

Premium?

I'd just like to put my 2 cents in here regarding the premium for the new Real ID system. MMO's, for the most part, have all moved to a micro transaction business model aside from blizzard and probably Rift. Blizzard has already released a few cash for spoils items and with the mobile guild chat it's ever more clear that blizzard is moving towards the standard. Except for the fact that you still charge every single one of your subscribers, some of us who've been playing for years now, a 15$ a month fee. Now for the community to see something, that in my opinion should be standard to WoW because the community deserves it, rumored to be a fee added to the 15$ that people are currently paying for WoW feels like a slap in the face. Why not simply include the new feature and do your faithful subscribers a solid? It's about time Blizzard began realizing who's making them their money.

oh man not these threads again

15+ Year Old Account
    1. We have no idea what the premium service will be. It might be the whole idea of Real ID in general, as buggy as it is...or the whole aspect of being able to party up with people cross servers, we know nothing other than the word Premium is getting more attention than the actual service.

2. There's been premium services in games for a really long time now. And yes, also in games that have a monthly fee. This includes character transfers, customizations, vanity items, map packs, and every little thing in between. It's sadly, the "new age" in gaming. It just won't be a "You buy it once and it's free forever" like old N64 games, they constantly add things to keep it "new" so they can make money from it as long as possible till they make another great game.

3. Big whoop, what if it goes premium, what's it gonna be like...2 bucks? maybe 5 max? I already pay to play this game. I know I'm not going to get everything that comes to this game for free/within that 15 buck subscription. Do I get upset at silly things that should be free? Absoutly, being able to re-customize your character for free at the barbershop, instead of just hair, but you cant, it cost money. So I ignore it, and I know people barely use it, they haven't made it go free yet so, petitioning it and boycotting Blizz really won't do anything.

...Why not post this in one of the existing threads instead of making one?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Technically speaking the only thing that $15 entitles you to is access to their servers and nothing more. If you want the extra features (name/race/server change) then you have to pay for it. Blizzard is a company and anyone who has common sense can tell you that the #1 priority for a company is to make money. It's not to give out free stuff they could effectively be getting from their customers for $x amount; it's to think of these thing's that they can give to you if you are willing to buy it.

Guess what though premium services are optional so if you don't like it then simply don't buy it. If you think it should be included in the sub fees then you better be prepared to pay an extra $10-$20 for that "pleasure" because you won't get all that for a measely $15.

Quote Originally Posted by crystal View Post
    Technically speaking the only thing that $15 entitles you to is access to their servers and nothing more. If you want the extra features (name/race/server change) then you have to pay for it. Blizzard is a company and anyone who has common sense can tell you that the #1 priority for a company is to make money. It's not to give out free stuff they could effectively be getting from their customers for $x amount; it's to think of these thing's that they can give to you if you are willing to buy it..
    You still have right to disagree / moan / rant, don't you?
    As this is pretty much your only way to stop dear greedy Mr Blizzard from milking you moar?
    And not that they aren't already making 1.2 billion annualy while having about 300 million of expenses, do they?
    What's the right name for the company that is not satisfied with such profitability? Pigs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by medi01 View Post
    You still have right to disagree / moan / rant, don't you?
    As this is pretty much your only way to stop dear greedy Mr Blizzard from milking you moar?
    And not that they aren't already making 1.2 billion annualy while having about 300 million of expenses, do they?
    What's the right name for the company that is not satisfied with such profitability? Pigs?
    The right word for those companies are "sucessful", dude. Btw, you got a source for those numbers?
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P