10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up Solution for our Guardians

Recently a guy posted on a Blizzard Forum a idea to improve our Guardians.

The idea would be to make a spell like the Bloodlust / Heroism.

Leave a spell with a 5 min CD, and add a 10 minute debuff not allowing to use the same spell again. But when you die this debuff disappears.

I think it's a fantastic idea, is that Blizzard will say something about it?

Post a comment in the official forum, trying to make this idea viable.

Battle net forum topic/2830983497 (Sorry, i can't post links) Warlock section Post title: Doomguard/Infernal 5 minute cd with debuff

Thanks

could be called Mental Exhaustion

Controlling 2 demons at a time is hard and has exhausted u.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabbo View Post
    Recently a guy posted on a Blizzard Forum a idea to improve our Guardians.

The idea would be to make a spell like the Bloodlust / Heroism.

Leave a spell with a 5 min CD, and add a 10 minute debuff not allowing to use the same spell again. But when you die this debuff disappears.

I think it's a fantastic idea, is that Blizzard will say something about it?

Post a comment in the official forum, trying to make this idea viable.

Battle net forum topic/2830983497 (Sorry, i can't post links) Warlock section Post title: Doomguard/Infernal 5 minute cd with debuff

Thanks
    They won't do it because being able to summon a Doomguard that drops 75k doombolts after every death would be OP in BGs. What they need to do is fix the scaling of the Doomguard while simultaneously fixing the pathetic Felguard DPS and adjusting the numbers slightly higher on other abilities. That would result in Demonology having smoother DPS all the while using its signature pet. While competitive, the spec is really FUBAR right now. Pet swapping after demon soul on the pull and your entire performance hinging on mastery cooldowns and procs aligning with a 10 minute Doomguard cooldown isn't working as intended.

TLDR; the spec relying on the Doomguard too much is the problem right now, more reliance isn't the answer.
    Last edited by Jahrastafari; 2011-07-15 at 06:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the map is an arena does not allow the use of the spell.

Or

If the target is a player damage is reduced by 50%.

Simple, Blizzard can easily do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabbo View Post
    If the map is an arena does not allow the use of the spell.

Or

If the target is a player damage is reduced by 50%.

Simple, Blizzard can easily do that.
    Or fix the problem of the mastery triple-dip that is resulting in a spec that is entirely dependent on a 10-minute cooldown. Make the DPS distribution more even for the duration of the fight rather than being piss-poor for 95% of the fight and obscenely high for the other 5%. Return use of the signature pet.

Tweaking those little numbers makes more sense to me than writing more code into the game that limits what you can do, where, or to what.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    Or fix the problem of the mastery triple-dip that is resulting in a spec that is entirely dependent on a 10-minute cooldown. Make the DPS distribution more even for the duration of the fight rather than being piss-poor for 95% of the fight and obscenely high for the other 5%. Return use of the signature pet.

Tweaking those little numbers makes more sense to me than writing more code into the game that limits what you can do, where, or to what.
    Can you explain what you mean by the mastery triple dip? I've gotten some confusing results trying to figure out how affliction and demonology modify doom bolt's damage. I haven't even begun to wonder about the infernal.
    More Dots Warlock Blog

Beta-version spell tool, video guides, and warlock commentary. Help me improve it with your comments and suggestions!

You can't use them in arena as is since you can't use anything with a cd over a certain time. I think it's 5 minutes but I could be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't use in arenas and you can use in normal bgs and I think in rated bgs. If they made it so you couldn't use in rated bgs that idea would be great.

Reduce his CD by 5mins using the Dark arts talent in tier1 Demo, every PVE spec uses it.

This would be the best solution, the guardian would still keep a 10min base CD so it wouldn't be usable in arenas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightgil View Post
    You can't use in arenas and you can use in normal bgs and I think in rated bgs. If they made it so you couldn't use in rated bgs that idea would be great.
    You can't use in Rated BG's.

OT: I think they just need to balance out the DPS better, even it out you know, give demon locks consistent dps.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    You can't use in Rated BG's.

OT: I think they just need to balance out the DPS better, even it out you know, give demon locks consistent dps.
    last season you could used Infernal plenty of times for stun and Doomguard for burst on flag carriers, this season I dont know