Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I think to do it you would probably have to teraform it....I mean the castle is basicly on a big rock surround by water, and even if you find a place that is like that getting the stone and such would be so much work, I would build the rock, then the castle, the dig out ground and put water in it. Although it matter what picture you look at, their are different envisions of it. Here is a good module of it. http://images.wikia.com/harrypotter/...ogwarts-01.jpg
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

i believe it costs roughly around 200-300 million dollars.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elgato View Post
    My HS was just had grades 10-12. The only thing that was sort of unique was that there was a thing called the senior project. My grade was the first one required to do it to graduate. It was just a year long super project that you had to come up with on your own. Mine was to attempt to write a book. The key wood being "attempt." I basically slacked off most of the time, but by the end of it I actually had a passion for writing, and now six years later I am still working on that book, along with several others. I really hope to be published in the next three years.
    nice! what country are you from?

Deleted
    100 billion, gazillion, million dollars

Lame attempt to be funny is lame (especialy 'cause I'm lacking a picture)

Anywayz, being someone that poses as a real estate vendor

and seeing the overall state, magical objects, size, location and Goodwill of the Hogwarts Castle™

I'd have to value this product at a total of 100.600.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000 Hyrulian Rupees

My HS was just had grades 10-12. The only thing that was sort of unique was that there was a thing called the senior project. My grade was the first one required to do it to graduate. It was just a year long super project that you had to come up with on your own. Mine was to attempt to write a book. The key wood being "attempt." I basically slacked off most of the time, but by the end of it I actually had a passion for writing, and now six years later I am still working on that book, along with several others. I really hope to be published in the next three years.
    What's the book about?
    A kid living with his uncle who treat him like shit and then he ends up in a magical school where he learns to use magic and ends up with a nemesis that gave him a lightning bolt scar?
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2011-07-16 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    nice! what country are you from?
    I'm from the states, specifically Washington state. The exotic land of Microsoft, coffee and indie music.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guh I gotta do that this year too...I might just steal your idea...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually only live like 3 hours from the part but I doubt the castle that they have built is nearly to scale of the real thing.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm from the states, specifically Washington state. The exotic land of Microsoft, coffee and indie music.
    Really? I've never heard of that sort of system for high school. I'm a short distance away in Canada, we only recently got rid of 13 as I mentioned. As of now its 9-12 for high school.

There are some secular schools that do "middle school" which is grades 7-9. Usually they are attached to elementary schools so it's essentially the same thing.

Really? I've never heard of that sort of system for high school. I'm a short distance away in Canada, we only recently got rid of 13 as I mentioned. As of now its 9-12 for high school.

There are some secular schools that do "middle school" which is grades 7-9. Usually they are attached to elementary schools so it's essentially the same thing.
    I live in Indiana, the three closest schools systems to me do three different things. One does K-5 then 6- 8 then 9-12. Another does K - 4 then 5 -6 then 7 -8 then 9 then 10-12(yeah five schools not counting preschool, elementary, intermediate, middle, freshman campus, high school). And the last one does K -5 then 6- 8 then 9 then 10-12

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    I live in Indiana, the three closest schools systems to me do three different things. One does K-5 then 6- 8 then 9-12. Another does K - 4 then 5 -6 then 7 -8 then 9 then 10-12(yeah five schools not counting preschool, elementary, intermediate, middle, freshman campus, high school). And the last one does K -5 then 6- 8 then 9 then 10-12
    Maybe I'm just thinking my experience is the way its done. It seemed to make sense to me. For me I did Preschool/JK at one place. Then it was K-8 in one school then 9-13 in high school. Grade 13 was called OAC but I don't remember what that meant.

Where I live it's K-6, 7-8, then 9-12. At one point you had the option of doing 6th grade at the 7-8 though.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

15+ Year Old Account
    *cough* going a bit off topic here...*cough* Your schools make my schools seem so small, well mine is but....

I would like to also see a good real version of the quidditch pitch, even though you could not play on it...unless you had jet packs, but if you could have the money to build a super castle I think you could have a few jet packs laying around.

Not really sure why they're all different, in the town close to me like i said you'd theoretically have to go to 6 schools if you wanted to go from preschool to your highschool degree which seems like quite a large waste of space. I feel that alot of schools around me run by the K-5 - 6-8 9-12 ladder though.

---------- Post added 2011-07-16 at 04:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    *cough* going a bit off topic here...*cough* Your schools make my schools seem so small, well mine is but....

I would like to also see a good real version of the quidditch pitch, even though you could not play on it...unless you had jet packs, but if you could have the money to build a super castle I think you could have a few jet packs laying around.
    Sure but how many of those jet packs would legitimately be advanced enough that you could control them well enough well to actually have a competitive game without dying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post

yeah yeah I know. Off-Topic! ...and here I am leading the converstation :P Fail mod..

Anywhoo.

RL quidditch would be fucking awesome. Even if they could make a solid quidditch video game that would be badass.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    Take into the account that it ya know houses several hundred people, has several class rooms, has a kitchen that holds hundreds of elves and their housing, has dungeons that extend underneath the castle, has rooms like the chamber of secrets that alone is bigger than any multi million dollar house i've ever been in. If you wanted to build an exact replica of the place i don't see it being anywhere close to 150 million. It has something i believe like 7 floors if i remember from the books, not counting the dungeons below it.
    Most hotels don't cost that much to build and can hold a lot of people. A lot contain conference rooms and pools and all that. Its hard to judge just how many people would need to be accommodated because it was never clearly stated in the books and the movies seemed to show different numbers based on different scenes. Quidditch showed more then the food hall and sorting. The spelling manor likely has costs associated with it other then just the size of the building. For 90 million you could build a nice hotel near me and have a fair bit of land.

http://www.castlemagic.com/color.html will build them for $325 per sqaure foot and up. Takes them around two years too. It does say and up so it can likely be much much more. But I don't see it taking much more then 150-200 million for a full scale replica.

http://www.viviun.com/AD-145196/ is small compared to what is needed for hogwarts but costs only 4.95 million. Remember some of that price will be the history attached.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Even if they could make a solid quidditch video game that would be badass.
    quidditch world cup on ps2

my friend, you have not LIVED
    Last edited by mmoc700620a63e; 2011-07-16 at 04:29 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    yeah yeah I know. Off-Topic! ...and here I am leading the converstation :P Fail mod..

Anywhoo.

RL quidditch would be fucking awesome. Even if they could make a solid quidditch video game that would be badass.
    They had an okayish one, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_P...itch_World_Cup , I played it and ended up being real good at it, or the game was just easy...I tend of not thinking of the latter. I will not say it is the best they could do but it is at least something. I am sure the other harry potter games have quidditch in it....although I could be wrong, I stopped playing their games when it got to be bad....that is the one game I kinda liked out of the series....but here I go going off-topic again...

The whopping willow would be a site to see, if it was the real thing I would stay from it from a distance...

What you get for $1.3 billion...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getty_Center

The Getty Center in Los Angeles is estimated to have cost $1.3b to construct between 1989 and 1997.

A modern castle. Makes me think building a real Hogwarts could indeed cost a billion or more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vand3tz View Post
    quidditch world cup on ps2

my friend, you have not LIVED
    I feel like I've played it. the CPU seemed very easy to beat if I recall. wtb a pvp version