Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Personally, I use Grid and Clique. I haven't switched to Grid probably out of stubbornness, but I definitely love Clique. It basically reduces the amount of keybindings I actually need, which means I can use my normal keybinds that would've been used for heals to be used for damage abilities or important cooldowns.

Deleted
    I'd suggest either mouseover macros or Clique for any healer who wants to be serious about it.

However default frames are perfectly fine these days for healing, of course there's no the customization grid can give (use it myself atm) but it's not a necessary step to take, macros/clique however is.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshealer View Post
    VuhDo looks pretty cool, i looked up a video on it and it looks like it requires a lot of setup though.
    VuhDO also will work fine right when you download it plug in what spells you want on what mouse click and your done. It also has a lot of optionally customizable ability that just make sit awesome and yes you do have to sit down and play with a it a bit to make it full working to what you want it to work like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itchni View Post
    You NEED at least clique to function as a healer. especially as a druid where running+healing at the same time is not only good but expected of you, using 1 hand to heal and 1 hand to type is essential.
    Sorry what? You certainly don't NEED it, but that's not what I'm commenting on your post for. I don't understand how you need Clique to run and heal at the same time. If that's the case, then it's a problem with your keybindings.

OP, I use Clique along side Grid.

Your addons often depend on your class and spec.
    But overall you need:
    -a raid frame that clearly shows your short time buffs, HoTs, important debuffs and aggro on each raid memeber. This would be Healbot, or Grid.
    -a way to facilitate the way you cast, either mounse-over macros, Clique or just keybinds.
    -timers for your procs and ablities - forte xortist is very nice.
    -a collection of custom bars, showing what your focus is doing (a lot of healers have the boss on focus), who it's targeting, what it's casting etc, what's happening to your target, or anything else you might want to keep an eye on. Lui 3 is a good UI package.
    -helpful little addons like a rapture timer, or something to remind you to recast your water shield, depend on your class.

After installing addons a lot of people get overwhelmed. They can't figure out how to configure things and just go back to standard Blizz UI. Don't be one of those people. Healing is the most addon-dependant role in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by funkyfloyd View Post
    i personally use teh default raid frames (in party too) and clique. for several reasons:

healbot craps out for good half hour if you DC, what teh point then?
    the only thing that gets broken when theres a patch is clique, its super simple to set up. take as screenshot.
    clique is super simple, the raid frames are super simple (no really, they are).
    frankly the default raid frames have more information packed into them than i ever figured out with healbot.

basically (imo) default raid frames work right, right out of the box.
    When was the last time you used Healbot? It has never had issues for me. Other healers in my guild lose the raid frames all the time and I just happily go along with Healbot.

Yes, for some insane reason, you have to manually turn on disconnect-protection for Healbot. I mean, what was the author thinking? "Hm, if I disconnect during a fight, do I want my healer frames to still work when I relog? Hmmmm.....". He must suffer from brain damage or something.

Anyway, I use Vuhdo now. Recommend it if it's your first healer mod, but don't go out of your way just to switch from Healbot/whatever - those are fine too.

Oh, and I also use a cast bar addon, just because the standard one is too squirmish for my eyes.

I would go with Clique, it allows you to start casting a lot faster since you no longer need to select a target before casting a heal. It also frees up a lot of keybindings since you can bind spells directly to mouse clicks. I have Heal, Flash Heal, Greater Heal and Prayer of Healing all bound to Ctrl and Alt left and right clicks. I use it in conjunction with Mouseover Macros to heal.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Honestly it depends on the way you want to heal and what you heal like.
    For click healing you have Vuhdo or Healbot being the big ones in this style or macro play with clique/grid/raidframes.
    It all comes down to your preference.

For Healing I personally use Healbot and NeedToKnow for most healing related matters.
    "In the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't. You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair... but that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

The Main, The Alt, The Pretender

I would be interested to know the level of progression some of these players have in comparison to the addons they use to heal. Personally I notice that most videos I watch of guilds doing the earliest levels of progression have healers using grid most of the time. This probably has something to do with the ease of writing plugins for grid on the fly as guilds learn boss encounters and what things need to be tracked.

Probably the most important thing you need to make effective decisions while healing is maximizing the important information to be as clear and easy to see as possible and minimizing the information that you don't need to know. Also using keybinds will always be less effective than mouseover macros - the math is simple: its one key press versus two. The more times you have to press your buttons the more opportunity you will have to screw it up and hit the wrong key.

I healed all throughout wrath and now use my healer as an alt in guild bot/bwd runs. I used healbot all throughout wrath after trying and ultimately deciding grid just REALLY wasn't for me. I found it clunky and a bit over complicated but i def. see how others can find it useful. The big plus to healbot for me was that it pretty much just worked with very little tinkering. Now I use Vuhdo and absolutely love it. A word of caution though, setting it up on your own can be a bit much so try and find a user who has good exp. with it. Also worth noting are power auras and quartz if you don't already use them. They work great but for dps cd's/procs and do the same good stuff for healers. Keep in mind a lot of people in this thread have said the blizzard frames work well for them, bu honestly in my expierence ive never known a healer who was top notch and didn't use grid/vuhdo/healbot. Just throwing that out there. Hope this helped you a bit.

Edit: post above asked for raiding progression. We are currently 6/7 with our raiding starting this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    As for progression, top healers use all sorts of addons. But, it's almost always vuhdo or grid. This topic has been done to death but:

You can heal with any bars, even the reg blizz, and keybind or clique. I think clicking for the majority of players is superior, since it's 1 step instead of 2. But some people don't want to change, or have done it for a long time and it works for them. In fast pace top world progression, I had to switch to clicking, keybinding just wasn't as fast.

If you want bars and clique, make sure you find bars that give you everything. Right now, no straight bars can compete with grid of vuhdo for information and how to display it.

Healbot is fine. If has some problems and is missing things, but for 5 mans, pugs, early progression, it does what you need it to.
    Grid is fine. It gives more options and has more functionality than HB. It takes more time to set up. Better for full time raiders.
    Vuhdo is fine. It gives every single option grid and HB do. It's harder to set up than HB, pretty much the same as grid. Vuhdo is best for top end, or people who just want the best addon.

Vuhdo just gives a lot of valuable things grid and HB do not, all amazing for a resto druid. I couldn't even live without clustering. So many things that you never knew you needed until you have them. Grid is fine and a lot of people don't switch because they had it for so long. It took me awhile, but when I did it was just...so better. Since you can set it up to be identical to grid, I just see no reason not to switch and gain the extras.

Progression, I am 4/7 25HM.