All addons reset +.

Hey, so i just logged in now.. and all my addons are reset, i was online for a few hours ago and then it was fucking fine.. had powerauras stuff that took years to configure (not really) anyway too get it back?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how to get it back but I have a copy of all my addons on a usb thumbdrive in case something like that were to happen or if I needd to play from another computer.....I'd definitely reccomend doing so in the future.

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    I'm not sure how to get it back but I have a copy of all my addons on a usb thumbdrive in case something like that were to happen or if I needd to play from another computer.....I'd definitely reccomend doing so in the future.
    that is pretty smart, thanks for the tip
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    Should have done that idd, even had this happen before but then i didn't have powerauras so could easy setup it all again..

normally happens when wow crashes while loading or you x out without logging out, addons don't save their settings and/or get corrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    normally happens when wow crashes while loading or you x out without logging out, addons don't save their settings and/or get corrupted.
    Any way too restore them..´?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madmessias View Post
    ... anyway too get it back?
    no, its broken

10+ Year Old Account
    Any way too restore them..´?
    The game saves a backup for each successful loaded addon, but if you did load it while already "reset", that backup is overwritten.
    If the game crashes like that, you would need to go check the backup files right away, otherwise they are useless.

Anyway, your best bet is to configure all again and make a zip file with everything as a backup.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Deleted
    There's backup files that the game regularily creates. Also, if you're on more recent versions of Windows and the feature is enabled, there's automatic backup copies of files made by the OS itself.

WoW backups:
    Code:
    World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\YOURACC\SavedVariables\addon.lua.bak
    Code:
    World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\YOURACC\YOURREALM\YOURCHAR\SavedVariables\addon.lua.bak
    You can just rename them and remove the .bak to load them.

OS backups:
    Code:
    World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\YOURACC
    Right-click the SavedVariables folder, choose "Properties", click the "Previous Versions" tab. If any show up, you might be in luck.
    Same procedure for the SavedVariables folder in:
    Code:
    World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\YOURACC\YOURREALM\YOURCHAR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    There's backup files that the game regularily creates. Also, if you're on more recent versions of Windows and the feature is enabled, there's automatic backup copies of files made by the OS itself.

WoW backups:
    Code:
    World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\YOURACC\SavedVariables\addon.lua.bak
    Code:
    World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\YOURACC\YOURREALM\YOURCHAR\SavedVariables\addon.lua.bak
    You can just rename them and remove the .bak to load them.

OS backups:
    Code:
    World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\YOURACC
    Right-click the SavedVariables folder, choose "Properties", click the "Previous Versions" tab. If any show up, you might be in luck.
    Same procedure for the SavedVariables folder in:
    Code:
    World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\YOURACC\YOURREALM\YOURCHAR
    Thank you SO much!

I just about had a heart attack when my 4 years worth of customising my UI broke after one pulled pc power plug! I tried reinstalling the whole Addons folder from a couple months ago and it was still broken and almost cried, until I saw your post and reloaded a previous version. I honestly can't thank you enough!!!!!!

I zip the wtf/interface folders into a zip file periodically as backup as well.