Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Eye of Blazing Power or Core of Ripness - Trinket decision.

Hey guys,
    I'm currently raiding 1/7 HC Firelands. Here's my armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...minka/advanced
    According to askmrrobot Core of Ripeness is totaly sheet, but I dunno.
    I need advice on a trinket decision. Let me explain shortly, I just took today
    Eye of Blazing Power ; I won't switch it for Tsunami. So my question is: is it worth replacing Core of Ripeness

Thanks,
    /discuss

From what I hear, Eye of Blazing Power is only decent for the +int bonus, because the proc it has has a chance to heal people who are barely damage, mirrior images, and blood worms. If you need the regen, I'd keep the core, but if not, the +62 int and a chance to be helpful seems better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally I'd drop the core in a heartbeat

The increased int trinket for disc in my opinion.
    I'd keep the spirit trinket in case you have to go holy for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucapa View Post
    The increased int trinket for disc in my opinion.
    I'd keep the spirit trinket in case you have to go holy for some reason.
    The increased intellect is good for Holy too. Eye beats Core, easy.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Eye. Though they're both pretty terrible.
    DO NOT ASK 4 NINNERVATE!>?

Deleted
    I switched out Fall of Mortality for Eye since my other trinket is Tsunami card (probably did that wrong, I think Fall gives slightly more regen :P) and if I'm honest the proc isn't all that bad. It does smart heal (lowest HP player) but if the lowest HP player is on 135k/137k then it's pretty much wasted.

Resto Druid BiS atm: Shard of Woe = Jaws of Defeat > Eye.

I currently don't have Shard so that's why I'm using Eye. I'll have Shard & Jaw soon though. Not really sure on how it plays out for priests, I think the BiS is the same as Druids unless you play disc where Jaws is pretty much useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerzeja View Post
    I switched out Fall of Mortality for Eye since my other trinket is Tsunami card (probably did that wrong, I think Fall gives slightly more regen :P) and if I'm honest the proc isn't all that bad. It does smart heal (lowest HP player) but if the lowest HP player is on 135k/137k then it's pretty much wasted.

Resto Druid BiS atm: Shard of Woe = Jaws of Defeat > Eye.

I currently don't have Shard so that's why I'm using Eye. I'll have Shard & Jaw soon though. Not really sure on how it plays out for priests, I think the BiS is the same as Druids unless you play disc where Jaws is pretty much useless.
    I picked up jaw and after playing around actually found that I preferred Tsunami over Fall with my gear setup. I'm not saying it's the better decision in every gear set-up, and mathematically Fall is slightly more regen(normal) but I would play with them all and figure out what works best. Though I certainly wouldn't replace fall with eye; again that's just me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppercat View Post
    I picked up jaw and after playing around actually found that I preferred Tsunami over Fall with my gear setup. I'm not saying it's the better decision in every gear set-up, and mathematically Fall is slightly more regen(normal) but I would play with them all and figure out what works best. Though I certainly wouldn't replace fall with eye; again that's just me.
    Well I've found that I don't need the regen really, even Rhyolith 25 H isn't burning my mana down and that's just with 1 regen trinket (tsunami). I just can't wait to get rid of Eye, it's an okay trinket and it's definitely an upgrade from Fall but compared to Shard & Jaws it's terrible. (even though I'll have to roll with eye+jaws for a while -.- takes the piss a little).

Quote Originally Posted by Nerzeja View Post
    Well I've found that I don't need the regen really, even Rhyolith 25 H isn't burning my mana down and that's just with 1 regen trinket (tsunami). I just can't wait to get rid of Eye, it's an okay trinket and it's definitely an upgrade from Fall but compared to Shard & Jaws it's terrible. (even though I'll have to roll with eye+jaws for a while -.- takes the piss a little).
    If you're having no regen problems (and I assume you're not if you're on HM) then yes Eye will be more fruitful. It's still pretty bad, but at least you're not wasting an entire trinket slot. It seems to be a little more useful if you're raid healing. But yeah, sounds like I'd probably do the same if I hadn't already picked up Jaws.

Get Jaws/SoW asap!!!! And GL!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm personally have a great time with Fiery Quintessence. I'm considering rolling with that and Jaws of Defeat (unless i get my hands on shard of woe). The static spirit is better than Fall of mortality, but the best part is the on-use int. You can really control and throttle your throughput, not to mention tie it in perfectly with Sfiend for like 400ish more mana per SF hit.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    I'm personally have a great time with Fiery Quintessence. I'm considering rolling with that and Jaws of Defeat (unless i get my hands on shard of woe). The static spirit is better than Fall of mortality, but the best part is the on-use int. You can really control and throttle your throughput, not to mention tie it in perfectly with Sfiend for like 400ish more mana per SF hit.
    Quintessence is an awesome trinket especially at lower gear levels; the ability to have such a powerful on use effect definitely makes this a more than viable trinket. I just personally chose not to use it on most fights (as disc); though for Holy I find it most useful in place of Fall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i never got my hands on heroic fall or shard of woe, so quintessence is a great upgrade from normal Fall. I also have the Jaws of Defeat, but I'm gonna wait a bit before I plunge into two on-use trinkets. I need to get used to using my first one

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Well i never got my hands on heroic fall or shard of woe, so quintessence is a great upgrade from normal Fall. I also have the Jaws of Defeat, but I'm gonna wait a bit before I plunge into two on-use trinkets. I need to get used to using my first one
    If you're using Power Infusion during aoe heavy portions of encounters, you can macro Jaws to PI.

If you're holy....idk then. Holy is gross.
    You're gross! -- <3 Kel
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-07-18 at 03:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy is amazing. I take your PW:B and raise you MY MIND BOTTLING RAID HPS.

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Holy is amazing. I take your PW:B and raise you MY MIND BOTTLING RAID HPS.
    Yes pls

BTW how the crap are you already revered o_O
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Yes pls BTW how the crap are you already revered o_O
    First day of firelands we farmed up deep into friendly, then last week used the trash that spawns before the entrance to baelrocs arena (subjugators and those guys channeling onto the elemental) to get to one point before revered. That trash takes about 7 minutes to kill and is worth 240. Took maybe three hours, but most of that time was spent watching tv or playing terraria since after five resets we had to wait a while. It was super easy

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

First day of firelands we farmed up deep into friendly, then last week used the trash that spawns before the entrance to baelrocs arena (subjugators and those guys channeling onto the elemental) to get to one point before revered. That trash takes about 7 minutes to kill and is worth 240. Took maybe three hours, but most of that time was spent watching tv or playing terraria since after five resets we had to wait a while. It was super easy
    Ahhh - we're too busy with progression! I want that trinket >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Ahhh - we're too busy with progression! I want that trinket >_>
    I wish I could say the same. Unfortunately, I'm not as hardcore as I used to be, so I'm in a guild that raids 9 hours a week. Three days a week. Half of the 25 man is retarded, though our ten man is actually very good. Problem is, we can't raid when we want, cause we'd screw the lockout. So instead of being 2 or 3 of 7 heroic we are 6/7 regular.At any rate, you only need five people to farm that trash, and like I said it doesn't take long at all.

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

I wish I could say the same. Unfortunately, I'm not as hardcore as I used to be, so I'm in a guild that raids 9 hours a week. Three days a week. Half of the 25 man is retarded, though our ten man is actually very good. Problem is, we can't raid when we want, cause we'd screw the lockout. So instead of being 2 or 3 of 7 heroic we are 6/7 regular.At any rate, you only need five people to farm that trash, and like I said it doesn't take long at all.
    I advise you to view my signature! :P