Thread: Bioshock 2

Bioshock 2

So I never played the first, just got the second a week ago cuz it was $20 at bestbuy. It LOOKED cool, the first one at least. I always wanted to play it, never did. So I just got the second one, skipped the first and... omgwtfbbq. One of the most amazing games I've ever played.

The atmosphere was amazing. The whole time you feel like you are in a once amazing city that is now gone to shit. Graphics are great. It has its scary moments etc.

The game goes on a whole new level of "disturbing"...I was seriously disturbed when I used the insect swarm plasmid and bees hatched out of my arm. The guns are bad ass. The enemies are exciting and a serious threat.

Probably what makes the game so amazing was the fact that up until the very end levels, you ALWAYS feel like you are never fully prepared. You can have maximum health and plasmid injections, full ammo etc, and STILL feel scared out of your mind if you are confronted by a wave of splicers.

Going against big daddies and big sisters is always a fight where you gotta plan ahead.

The plot is amazing. You feel so immersed with the characters and environment...everything around you is important.

I gotta say 10/10. Hope you all felt the same about the game as I did! If you haven't tried it yet, seriously give it a shot it's phenomenal!

The first one is even better. It's more of the same, basically, only I find the plot even better.

Yeah, I easily consider Bioshock to be one of my favourite games. It's a shame you started with the 2nd though, as the first was absolutely extraordinary.
    Sell the Vatican, Feed the World

the second one is by far worse than the first one

man now I'm pumped for the first one!

Both are great, personally I can't wait for the 3rd one next year...why next year >.>

Honestly both again are great though, first one has more of the Ayn Rand angle which pretty much made it so famous, and the second being more of the father/daughter type of deal as I'm sure you've noticed. Personally, only thing I rather disliked about 2 was the final "boss" (nothing more than a glorified shoot-out), but that aside both again are great games.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I really noticed between the two was that Bio2 was a bit more linear then the first based on the fact that in the first there were some past areas you could return to. Also like the poster above said I wish the 2nd had a final boss fight like the first did.

Once you get rocket spears, elite mobs are all easymode. Killed the excitement for me. Overall the game was one of the more difficult ones, though.

Deleted
    Bioshock 1 is probably the best campaign game i've ever played.

Bioshock 2 just didn't cut it.

Deleted
    I thought bioshock 1 was cool maybe for 2 hours then it got so repetitive I just couldn't play it anymore. I kinda liked 2 tho

Deleted
    For me are at the top 5 games all time (both) looking forward for 3rd.
    These are how games are supposed to be .

Yeah, I noticed there was no final boss so was a little surprised at that. But the story was amazing which saved it. The only thing I noticed, which someone pointed out before, was that once u get rocket spears, and the heat seeking missiles, it gets a little easy to kill the big daddies etc.

I liked the feel of always being unprepared, and u get a little to strong towards the end, but that just shows progression in your character!

The other thing was...I felt a little to reliable on freezing my opponents then using the guns to dmg them. Just crowd control really. The plasmids that were electricity and fire just didnt help. Maybe I didn't use them to their potential. Did anyone else find this?

I just finished Bio1 the other day and picked up Bio2. Amazing games. My favorite thing is to set the splicers on fire and watch them run towards the water and then shock the water.
    "In WoW there are two things that will always remain true: people will always QQ and people will always forget that they have interrupts." -Nachopie

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    the second one is by far worse than the first one
    The second one isn't really a lot worse than the first one (although it has a bit more bugs), it's just not really an improvement from the first. So it felt like you were just playing the same game, which is why it received kind of negative reviews.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first Bioshock is one of the greatest games I've ever experienced. Bioshock 2 left me sorely disappointed. I still enjoyed it, but it wasn't even close to the greatness that was Bioshock.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Both are amazing, Bioshock 2, however improved the gameplay, such as allowing you to have both a weapon and a plasmid equipped. But both games are amazing, and Bioshock Infinite will be just as amazing.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann