Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What boss should we do first in Firelands?

So my guild is new started and I wonder what boss you would suggest us to go first?

And witch boss is the hardest in the 10 man normal version?

Ty for your answers

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think Beth is the easiest .

Deleted
    okey, is there big difference in the difficulty on the first 4 bosses?

I'd suggest you go like this:

Shannox (spawns after you kill about half of the trash in the entrance) => Baleroc => Lord Rhyolith => Beth'tilac => Majordomo => Ragnaros

Shannox and baleroc should be easy as long as you don't have baddies that can't coordinate amongst themselves.
    Lord Rhyolith requires someone to direct DPS on his legs to make him walk over volcanos, so that needs some practice to get right.
    Beth'tilac needs good splitting of the raid and dps, Majordomo needs coordinated movement/spreading and Ragnaros you best read up on about Sons of Flames and how to handle them :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Personally I think Beth is the easiest .
    Agree. Was the 1st boss we took down on Wednesday when it was released.
    3 failed attempts, 4th attempt killed it.
    Shannox is not that much harder though.

I'd say Shannox is easier than Beth. Rhyo is easy as well, but quite random with his volcanoes.

Deleted
    Don't you have to kill Beth,Shannox,Lord and Alysrazor before Baleroc?

Quote Originally Posted by Baoser View Post
    Don't you have to kill Beth,Shannox,Lord and Alysrazor before Baleroc?
    No..

And start of with shannox, he's a lot easier than the other 1's

Nope, he's up from the start it seems. If it's intended or not I don't know.

Deleted
    Was just wondering since he is the gatekeeper so he should be the last boss before Majordomo. But we will try with Shannox first ty for the advice

Well, you can't use the orb behind him to spawn the bridge until all 4 bosses are dead.

People that think Beth and Bale are the easiest probably have heroic loot from the previous tier. Beth is all about your dps killing her before the soft enrage overwhelms your tanks and healers. If you have no heroic loot beth and shanox get alot closer in difficulty. If you're not mostly geared in loot from the previous tier (359) get ready for Beth and shanox to be far harder.

We started Firelards working on Beth and we are now working on Shannox. Its taken us a while to balance out out dps on Beth and get the add control nailed. Had a few attempts on Shannox and were already just tweaking tactics. I would say Shannox has been much easier than Beth for us but we are not a superb raid team (just average) and we like to work out tactics for ourselves instead of watching/reading guides

Deleted
    Most of the people in the grp have killed 4 or more bosses in Heroic in the last patch so they can play and got good dps.

If you look at the percentages of bosses killed on wowprogress.com, 97% of guilds who've started raiding Firelands have downed Shannox and 77% have downed Beth'tilac; which is miles higher than Alysrazor who is, IMO the hardest out of the first 5 bosses, at a low 32%.
    I'd say choose either one of those two as 'starter bosses' out of personal experience and from statistics.
    Last edited by ForTheBitterSweet; 2011-07-17 at 12:25 PM.

Deleted
    Shannox is the new Lootship... come in and loot

Deleted
    it's fun to see some people says that it's hard and some says that it's the new lootship

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beav View Post
    We started Firelards working on Beth and we are now working on Shannox. Its taken us a while to balance out out dps on Beth and get the add control nailed. Had a few attempts on Shannox and were already just tweaking tactics. I would say Shannox has been much easier than Beth for us but we are not a superb raid team (just average) and we like to work out tactics for ourselves instead of watching/reading guides
    Get a hunter to get a proper Survival spec and he'll deal with the little adds on Beth by himself, making dpsing the big add and getting the ropes down fast alot easier, and thus more dps on Beth before she drops down for good .

I've killed at least Shannox and Beth in pugs for the last 2 weeks. So if we can do those in a pug your guild should have a pretty easy time with them.