Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Warlocks should be summoners.

Ok, eventhough, all the nerfs and changes have caused warlocks to be less popular, I feel that by giving us more demons (imps, elementals, doomguards) warlocks are going in the right direction. I think warlocks should be able to summon more things, such as skeletons, ghouls, blah, blah, blah. This would would further separate us from mages. Our class could be really neat. I know that DK's and some weapons have summoning power, but why not go all out on the warlock class. Or perhaps, just do the Demonology spec. We could have more dark arts too (remember corpse explotion.) Mages and Hunters are nice classes, but warlocks, I feel, should be really dark and warlocky. Affliction should have more diseases and demonology should be bursting with demons. As far as destro is concerned, maybe they could have the corspe explotion or something like blood splatter. I guess I just think warlocks are not warlocky enough. I would hope they became closer to the Witch Doctor in Diablo 3. We should be manipulating more things to do our dirty work.

Go back to Rift please.

no.... blizzard would never do it because A) rift is already doing it and B) they dont like to innovate that much anymore

I'd love Demonology tree to become tank tree without any demon (yes bye bye felguard!!).. Prolly won't ever happen but I'd so love to be able to metamorphose into big bad demon and tank some raid..

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a nice idea, OP.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    I'd love Demonology tree to become tank tree without any demon (yes bye bye felguard!!).. Prolly won't ever happen but I'd so love to be able to metamorphose into big bad demon and tank some raid..
    Great idea. I just feel that the class is not dark enough. I also feel that ideas like yours and things like giving us corspe explotion and more demons would make the class more fun. Obviously, people are not finding the class that fun this expansion because warlocks are now the least played class in wow.

Doesn't fit lorewise. Warlocks summon demons, Death Knights already raise the dead. There's already a demon to fit every role (besides healing) so what role would the new demons fit?

Quote Originally Posted by Crisiszone View Post
    Doesn't fit lorewise. Warlocks summon demons, Death Knights already raise the dead. There's already a demon to fit every role (besides healing) so what role would the new demons fit?
    Totally fits the lore. Warlocks are masters of the dark arts. They should be able to raise the dead, summon skeletons, possess other characters. More demons are cool. Sicking a mob on another toon is fun. Corrupting targets is fun. Maladiction - DEEP AFFLICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deleted
    Warlocks don't command the undead they command demons, and even if you want more demons what will they be and what will make them special from the other demons you can already summon?( oh and most demons warlocks can't control permanently because they need a vast amount of power to summon the demon in and to then control it)
    Affliction should have more diseases
    Affliciton is about curses not diseases they cast dark magic not plague.

demonology should be bursting with demons
    No, I prefer that the demons you control are more powerful than another warlock who isn't.

destro is concerned, maybe they could have the corspe explotion or something like blood splatter
    Destruction is about fire, fire kills and decimates and spreads, its a very chaotic element that's why warlocks love to use it.

Yeah, I do feel pretty badass when I have my felguard and doomguard out... While in demon form. And then there's that ebon imp that occasionally likes to join in :P

I agree with you op, it would be great if blizzard went even further with our specs. It could be me being selfish, but I would love to see the return of 3.1 affliction. We're supposed to be the masters of debuffs, and slowly killing everything around us. It would be great if we could provide some of the tanking debuffs, like -10% attack speed, or -10% physical damage. Although that might be a little op in terms of pvp etc. (damn you pvp!)

We probably won't get any major cool updates or overhauls until cata is over though.. That's usually how it works, sadly.
    "Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity."

Quote Originally Posted by SuperomegaOP View Post
    they dont like to innovate that much anymore
    Completely redesigning a class from the ground up isn't innovating, it's just dumb.

buffing one class usually leads to other class getting buffs which don't get balanced until a few patches later

Quote Originally Posted by Scutajar View Post
    Warlocks don't command the undead they command demons, and even if you want more demons what will they be and what will make them special from the other demons you can already summon?( oh and most demons warlocks can't control permanently because they need a vast amount of power to summon the demon in and to then control it)

Affliciton is about curses not diseases they cast dark magic not plague.

No, I prefer that the demons you control are more powerful than another warlock who isn't.

Destruction is about fire, fire kills and decimates and spreads, its a very chaotic element that's why warlocks love to use it.
    You are missing the point. Warlocks are not dark enough. Out of all the classes, warlocks should be summoning the dead, casting curses or diseases. Warlocks should be the ones manipulating other creatures to do their bidding. And you can say Destruction is all about fire, but really its just a glorified mage. The former poster had the right idea about turning into tank. Metamorphisis is cute, but it should be better.

Deleted
    See Ret Paladins atm

Quote Originally Posted by Regenerist View Post
    buffing one class usually leads to other class getting buffs which don't get balanced until a few patches later
    When are the classes ever balanced? There are classes now in 346 gear that can out dps classes with higher gear score. Free dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearme View Post
    It would be great if we could provide some of the tanking debuffs, like -10% attack speed, or -10% physical damage. Although that might be a little op in terms of pvp etc. (damn you pvp!)

We probably won't get any major cool updates or overhauls until cata is over though.. That's usually how it works, sadly.
    Well warlocks have a spell for the physical reduction debuff - link:http://www.wowhead.com/spell=702

"Good things come to those who wait" just chill for a while im sure they will add something jaw breakingly awesome =)

Why are people still playing wow when rift is clearly much better and for the same price. like really, cmon guys. im only lvl 34 and its the bees knees being a necromancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Blizz has already said they don't want players to be totally dependent on pets as the player themselves wouldn't do much of the fighting.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2011-07-18 at 12:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Completely redesigning a class from the ground up isn't innovating, it's just dumb.
    Agreed. It would be completely retarded to redesign locks at this point they just need to buff some really lackluster spells.

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
    When are the classes ever balanced? There are classes now in 346 gear that can out dps classes with higher gear score. Free dps.
    Bad players in purples will (almost) always get beat by skilled players in greens.