Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I did it at lvl 60 and the feeling when i got the mount was priceless ! If you had a friend that already had the mats for the quest you could save alot of gold

I completed it in Vanilla. It took me over a month to get the mats because I was just some poor noob that didn't know how to make money. Eventually my guild leader, who was also a warlock, ran me through and explained everything I had to do. I was so proud of that stupid horse.

Also, the doomguard quest was hilarious, because way back in the day, someone had to die to help you summon it. it was great.

I did the quest back at level 60 during vanilla, it actually was a huge pain since I had to bring ~30-40 soul shards to keep reactivating the runes.

I did the Doomguard quest when it was implemented but I had already learned the Doomguard from the book that dropped off the demons in Blasted Lands.

Wow this reminded me of the old doom-guard that you had to enslave after summoning because there was a chance he would go ape-shit on the whole party. Fun times!

spent all my gold....
    my hunny was our top healer in the guild.. took some of her's also.
    good friend of mine was the pallie tank in guild.
    we started gathering mats at 59 so at level 60, it was a number of runs thru Scholo, Stratholme and Dire Maul.
    was good times, Pallie got his mount and I got mine.
    BC had just came out when we did this.
    did the Doomgaurd quests about then.

best times in the game evah.
    You can't have Manslaughter without the Laughter

I did it at 60 during vanilla and a guildy lock came with since he had the mats. Great fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was intense. Glad I got to do it on my lock back in TBC.

Didnt know that mounts quests got removed.

It was quite fun at 60. Tho quite expensive . Yea yea I know, cheaper than other classes had to pay, but still.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    I never did that quest when it was available and I wish I did.

Seems like it's one of those quests that really shows you are a true Warlock or something.

One can only hope that Blizzard maybe will re-implement these kinds of class quests.

And last did any of you guys do the quest when it was in the game? maybe at 60 even?

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=2357
    I did it on my warlock, I was helped by some other warlock to lower the costs though.

15+ Year Old Account
    i did the pala quest on 60 and i made a draenei pala in 70 and made it, but on my warlock i was too lazy to make it and went and bought a mechanostrider instead! (gnome)

This was a very rewarding experience for me in more than one way.

I saw that my guild at the time really came together to help a me (a new player at the time with my first character over 60).

Working hard to get a special class specific mount and feeling like a real Warlock can't be replaced.

When we finally won the crazy battle in Dire Maul and I had my new Dreadsteed the other two Warlocks in the guild and I took a ride all the way down the Dead Scar from Silvermoon into Ghostlands.

The Druid Swift Flight form quests were equally epic in their own way. One of the major disappointments for me to see Blizzard decide to take these experiences away from players. Why they did it I don't understand but I'm so glad I was able to do those two.

Deleted
    I managed to complete it at level 60 (or 61, I can't remember) and the whole questline was definitely one of my best experiences in wow, I'd place it on par with the Scepter of the Shifting Sands quests. Finding a group for it was a nightmare though, I only started playing the week that TBC came out and everyone was in Outland while I was still trying to go through all the Vanilla content.

I never did that quest when it was available and I wish I did.

Seems like it's one of those quests that really shows you are a true Warlock or something.

One can only hope that Blizzard maybe will re-implement these kinds of class quests.

And last did any of you guys do the quest when it was in the game? maybe at 60 even?
    It may be possible for you to at least do the final summoning in Dire Maul. The Goblin NPC near the Altar of Storms in Burning Steppes still sells the items needed for it, I don't know if you have to have already done the prequests in order to buy them now (it's possible that it may have been changed).

If not, you can always try to find a Warlock who either still has the items or is willing to buy them again to show you the summoning.
    Last edited by mmoc271384dc9d; 2011-07-18 at 02:16 PM.

Deleted
    Did as level 60, was shit expensive with the arcanite bars, since naxx 1.0 had just been launched, and prices EXPLODED!
    I remember doing the last bit in dire maul, with 2 warlock in the group! so 2x mounts and 2 very very happy warlocks
    Last edited by mmoc8e6aaf0c2a; 2011-07-18 at 03:55 PM. Reason: spelling beef

I did it at level 60 in BC with my ex and three people we PUG'd. We managed to get to a room right before the lab when two of the group had to leave. With no other option, the ex devised a plan- he and the last remaining PUG member would LEEEEROOOOY the room while my Lock snuck inside to summon the imp you needed. I finished calling the imp and completed that part of the quest right before a wave of mobs owned me.

The last part of the questline was a simple PUG, but I think of the story fondly. It added some flair to your character and some Warlock story, it's a shame it got removed.

Deleted
    Screw this.

Can we have a Dreadsteed Quest Rememberance day where ALL WARLOCKS use that mount for a day ?

That would be imba imo.

man, i hate to be the old man who rasps, "back in my day times were tougher but better" but the game to me was alot more fullfilling when the questlines were epic and completing them actually meant something. The most memorable times to me as a lock were first and foremost the dreadstead quest. It took me weeks and cost me hunderds of gold that at the time i didnt have. I was a noob on a new player server filled with noobs so i got zero help. I actually remember camping out in front of scholomance for hours at a time hoping to run into a group that needed an extra dps.

The doomguard questline was great too along with being able to summon an infernal for the first time. I cant remember the chest piece but i remember trying to farm for the pattern in wintersgrasp trying to down these elite mobs that mostly killed me. It wasnt the void chest it was the other one lol. Oh and the mats for it were a royal pain too.

I remember having to go to the wetlands to complete the quest to get succy and that i had no idea where i was going and thought i was going to get ganked by allies at any time.

Another memorable questline at least for me was the one in Jaedenar. I took me a long time to finish it and i remember after each leg having to keep going back into that cave.

I still love the game but it had a much greater epic feel back than. You actually had to hoof it great distances to get anywhere. Now all the beginning flight plans are already installed because heaven forbid little johnny has to walk more than 3 minutes.

THe game has become more for the mindless and at least to me its not for the better

I did it with 60 with both of my locks, it was a long and amazing quest to get it.

The fight at DM was quite epic with 3 locks enslaving those fel guards :-)

I loved it and i truly miss quests like this in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually remember my guild helping me do the entire questline for it in vanilla. good times.

Made by dubbelbasse

10+ Year Old Account
    Did it when it first became available on my toon. Had a warlock friend who got all the stuff to summon in DM so I saved gold. Other than that, it was a very nice event. The Dreadsteed is still one of the sexiest mounts in the game.