Page 3 of 103 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post
    What exactly did Zybak do? I keep seeing his name everywhere.
    He was the one who started the "Howl in SW"

zybak was the one who was getting the servers to crash here, watch this video, it shows it was him doing it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtGZiG-Z_SM#movie_player
    Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.
    To True.

Deleted
    He was the person initiating the command "Spam howl so we can crash the server"

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personaly,i feel bad.I've never heard of him,but i watched some of his vids today,and i can say that genuinely hes a nice guy,and doesnt deserve to be banned for something that he didnt intentionally do.Yes,he did a livestream,and world event,but where in the rules does it say that he cant invite people with legal WoW accounts to his server?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctioned View Post
    What really happened the other night you'd know if you watched the livestream. Swifty gave away a product but to be able to win the product you had to find him on a lvl 1 toon somewhere in SW, but you didn't know which realm. When they found him the people on the stream decided to flood that realm with lvl 1s, by which time the stream had around 5000 viewers and the realm crashed. Well with the child mentality most in the stream had they decided oh lets go to other realms and crash them too.

When this was happening Swifty was telling the streamers to not do it. Begging them not to do it, but they did anyway.

There, that's what happened, for the people that weren't there and want to know.
    ^---- Exactly what this person said, that my fellow mmo-champion friends, is the truth.

Deleted
    He may not be best PvPer but hes one of coolest one. Like saw this video where hes giving out free stuff to wow players and Blizzard ban him.

The lil boy voice is Zybak the loud guy is swifty.
    Thing is this video also points out Swifty was the coordinator ( hello he tells doug to get ready to give the winner his prize) so like all ring leaders, he gets the blame. It's fair.

"If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    If he was banned wrongfully then it should be sorted out through the proper channels, like anyone who gets banned. He's just a player like the rest of us. If he was banned wrongfully he will get unbanned if he presents his case to blizzard in a mature manner.

All his rabid fanboys who are spamming GM's with tickets (effecting OUR customer service response times) are just being a nuisance. I hope that blizzard hands out some nice temp bans to anybody who spams GM's on this issue, because it's obvious that GM's can't do anything about him being banned. Spamming GM's is just malicious and should not be tolerated. The same applies to people spamming trade or spamming forums.

Seriously, these rabid fanboys are just giving Swifty and his fans a bad name. Just look at all the youtube comments... I know youtube comments has always been the least mature part of the internet but this takes it to a whole new level. I wish these people could just act maturely, rioting against blizzard isn't going to achieve anything.

Ban was deserved IMO. just because your a so called "celebrety" doesnt exempt you from rules. Been sponsered makes no difference easy. rules are broken, bans are infracted. simples

15+ Year Old Account
    It's explains it all in the link. Basically they're trying to blame him for saying the words "crash the server". Which is just silly. Swifty was the cause of all those people logging on, Swifty's actions was the result of Zyback's actions, which was the result of the 5000+ level 1's actions, which crashed the server. I can see why they would ban the head of the incident, Swifty.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think they are gonna unban him soon and they just did it to set some limits to those livestream events and make people think before they gather so many people and crash the server even though it wasn't intentional.

To all the rioters.. keep digging that hole. I think it would be best if Swifty stays banned. If he get unbanned, people will think that they can just riot and Blizzard will give into their demands. Not happening. All you pro-Swifty rioters just made it worse...

Deleted
    I have watched the video Swifty poted up, and have come to the conclusion that there simply aren't enough details available to take a stance and side with one party or the other. People have been stating the argument that Swifty said in his live stream for people to not crash servers, which could be recognized as due diligence, but I can assure you that Blizzard probably didn't not see it as so. From my experiences in mis-handling loot and other in-game issues, I know that Blizzard always wants to see something typed in-game. If someone ninjaed something, they can only help you if the rules were typed out in game, not over vent, because vent convo's can never be proven. I am guessing that is how they view Swifty's video. If Swifty had repeatedly wrote in-game for people to stop making characters because it would crash the server, which for all I know he could have, then I am fairly certain he would not have been banned, as he would have done his due diligence according to Blizzard. All speculation though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trickster0306 View Post
    zybak was the one who was getting the servers to crash here, watch this video, it shows it was him doing it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtGZiG-Z_SM#movie_player
    I hope he was perm banned. Lol.... He deserves it too for encouraging the little kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    What's a Swifty?
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Serverarkspear_US/Swifty here
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't get why he just doesn't move on and make a new character. Not to be rude but he has nothing of value on his current one. Some gear, some high HK numbers and one title from vanilla that can be gotten through RBGs which he obviously plays a lot. No reason for all this crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    he deserved to get banned he made money off playing the game why should he get sponsorship and prizes for playing a game and not the rest of us i hope he stays banned and they ban all the idiots that support him
    Yes, and you just described the aspirations of every high school football player, golfer, driver, basketball... you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by paloalto View Post
    Have you ever talked to the average crazy on the Internet? There's no need to try to understand it. It just happens. People be crazy.
    But I don't really understand how someone could gather so many crazy people around him?
    Both the fanboys and the anti-fanboys seems crazy, it's like seeing two bulls trying to horn each others for the cheer fun :S

And yea, /lol on everyone trying to act as game master and says "This is not enough to ban him", I'm pretty sure blizzard havn't given out every single reason and fact they have, and neither have Swifty.

Didn't he crash multiple servers? He should have stopped after the first and dispersed the mob. But then it wouldn't have been nearly as awesome so long live the king I guess.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    To all the rioters.. keep digging that hole. I think it would be best if Swifty stays banned. If he get unbanned, people will think that they can just riot and Blizzard will give into their demands. Not happening. All you pro-Swifty rioters just made it worse...
    Even if there wasn't a riot of this size, Blizzard would never reverse this ban. Now, they are even less likely to do so (ie never). They aren't going to about admitting that they may have gone over the top. Naturally, I would love to be proven wrong on this matter.