Page 63 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amry View Post
    So how will other companies (e.g., Trion, Square-Enix, etc.) take advantage of this?

I mean, given the big PR backlash (or at least, it seems to be moderately-sized from my POV), it'd be surprising if none of Blizzard's competitors will take advantage of this.
    Nah, not even when Ensidia was banned Blizz got hurt from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vezrah View Post
    I'm not sure if this is coincidence or not, but could someone tell me what the grey bars are in the top left corner of this players screen are?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpHkwHbretM

The reason I ask is because the same bars show up in the exact same place in this video @44 secs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-DFfBUA6vM

Coincidence? Or is one of the people who helped make the original video now participating in the 'rioting' that is currently crashing/lagging servers?
    It's an Addon called NeedToKnow. It looks like that when you first install it, when it's not configured at all.

EDIT: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...d-to-know.aspx

Deleted
    I really feel sorry for swifty and will be emailing Blizzard, this is just unfair and he is getting all the blame. Zybak and others where saying to spam chat to crash the server NOT swifty yet he is the one that gets banned. You clearly hear him in one of the videos saying "lets spam howl to get the server crashed". This is just unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    You would think Blizzard would consider the consequences of banning someone like Swifty.
    No joke, they had to see this coming.
    I have a policy about honesty and ass kicking, if you ask for it, i will give it to you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zakayron View Post
    To all of the people saying "just ban the people still griefing darkspear"

Let's do some math. Swifty pays 15 bucks a month to play wow. They ban him they lose 180 dollars a year straight up. 3000 (mandom number) people keep griefing darkspear because of this. If Blizzard bans 3000 people they lose 540,000 dollars a year. They won't do that. Swifty will be unbanned
    Yes, Blizzard should always give into mob rule. That couldn't ever set a bad precedent.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    So how will other companies (e.g., Trion, Square-Enix, etc.) take advantage of this?

I mean, given the big PR backlash (or at least, it seems to be moderately-sized from my POV), it'd be surprising if none of Blizzard's competitors will take advantage of this.
    None at all. On the grand scale of things large companies could careless over some WoW celeb and it's backlash. It isn't costing them any money nor would it garner any with some clever plan.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    this is world of warcraft,not very many "grown up" people play it.i think trade chat pretty much is a example of this
    The average age of players in WoW is higher then you think. And being a certain age doesn't exclude you from being an idiot, nor does it exclude you from being a smart person.
    It's a game over the internet, people will behave like you could expect them to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    You would think Blizzard would consider the consequences of banning someone like Swifty.
    Yes, because banning someone that was already banned in the past clearly has consequences for Blizz...

10+ Year Old Account
    his ban is more famous than him
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Darkspear is getting crashed like every 15min, and the lag in between is insane. Guess blizz didn't fix the prob.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FozziE View Post
    It's an Addon called NeedToKnow. It looks like that when you first install it, when it's not configured at all.

EDIT: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...d-to-know.aspx
    Gotcha. I figured it was just an addon that wasn't configured yet. Thanks for the info.

Half of the posts in this thread are people asking who's Swifty.. Dont know? Look him up. Dont care? Dont post.

Its sad really, but look on the bright side - Athene is back to wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewbusha View Post
    Would a perfectly fine way be to boycott Blizzard?
    By all means boycott blizzard if you don't agree with what they did. But don't go around crashing servers so other people wont be able to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Yes, Blizzard should always give into mob rule. That couldn't ever set a bad precedent.
    True, what if everyone rioted and threatened to quit unless the monthly cost was set to $5 a month? How much money would blizzard lose then if they gave into the demands of idiots?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    PFFFFFFFFFFFFT HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.
    Oh god, you're serious.
    I don't think you understand what a "public" company is.
    I know for a fact you don't. A public company is one where stock is publicly traded. Blizzard is a public company and Arcin is 100% correct.

The concept of free speech does not exist on ANY message board. Everyone is bound by the terms defined by the board owner(s).

Blizzard, like just about every other message board I've used prohibits discussion of moderator actions, including bannings.
    I'm a crazy taco.

take advantage of what? swiftys ban was deserved imo

maybe not a perma ban,but he should of at least gotten temporary banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    They are a company. The shareholders wouldn't be terribly happy if blizzard lost 500,000 dollars a year on principle because they banned someone
    Druid Paladin Priest Warlock Death Knight Hunter Mage Shaman Warrior Rogue Legendary Epic Superior Uncommon Common Poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    2016: Blizzard builds their new HQ on the moon

Quote Originally Posted by Nonfoxx View Post
    his ban is more famous than him
    Haha, that's an excellent way of looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by mööh View Post
    By all means boycott blizzard if you don't agree with what they did. But don't go around crashing servers so other people wont be able to play the game.
    Truer words have never been spoken...

<3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kebab View Post
    Half of the posts in this thread are people asking who's Swifty.. Dont know? Look him up. Dont care? Dont post.

Its sad really, but look on the bright side - Athene is back to wow.
    Aww man im so excited! When i saw Athenes video i cheered!