Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    5% haste, replentish, mana hymn, healing by damage, fortitude, shadow resistance, raid healing cooldown. Yeah they dont bring to much buff/helps to raid, oh and top dps...

From a standpoint of a person who leads raids, 1 shadow priest is amazing. 2 in a 10-man is literally shooting yourself in the foot. Raid buffs are sadly more important than the individual, unless the individual sucks so bad that you wouldn't want to bring them at all. I realize we are talking about pugs here, but in my guild when we are putting together a 10-man, 2 shadow priests always gimps the group's overall dps. We always hit some wall where we are working on a new fight and sitting back and realizing that if we had a warlock or a mage in place of the 2nd shadow priest, the entire group would be doing far more dps.

Bringing multiple hunters doesn't generate the same problem. Although there are other classes that it's bad to bring two of as well - like boomkins. But even druids can spec as two different dps types with two different sets of buffs. SPriest have no option to respec or bring a different pet our or something to create more group synergy. And if you already have a boomkin or an ele shaman in your group, spriest becomes almost just as redundant. Typically you want to bring some kind of class that brings a new buff to the group.

If I had to pick one flaw with the shadow priest, that would be it. And I f-ing love my class, but imo it's one of our biggest weaknesses. It could be a valid reason why pugs don't want one, which is sad.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorinna View Post
    I got turned down for a Pug once, the person inviting replied, but you are only a Priest? My reply back was srsly if you dont know the dps of a SP and what we bring to the table, i think i will rescind my offer to go.
    This is exactly the attitude that a good shadow priest should have concerning a pug that would very likely be a waste of time and the source of a large repair bill. Besides that, instead of whining about how life isn't fair, it immediately gives the RL something to think about (assuming that thinking is one of those things that he does).