Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arms Warrior Burst Video

Thanks again for watching, Please feel free to leave constructive feedback!

Deleted
    nice video

12-14k crits in arena Warrior has low dps right now...

I hate Mt Eden Dubstep, besides that cool vid! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jpeg View Post
    I hate Mt Eden Dubstep, besides that cool vid! :P
    haha, I knew someone would say something lol. Thanks man.

Deleted
    Tuuuuuuuuune.

Deleted
    I just wanted to point out something about CS.

You said use it whenever it's available, without overwriting the debuff.

While that's correct, CS isn't really worth using against Cloth and Leather users and even Mail is debatable. Against Plate on the other hand it's a clear DPS gain. Now you could argue that CS helps you set up burst against cloth targets. But if you have limited up-time against a Frost-Mage for example, you're better off ignoring CS all together.

As a rule of thumb I'd say:

Against
    Cloth and Leather (expect Feral Druids) - ignore CS.
    Mail - use it to set-up burst.
    Plate - use it was much a possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fantastic arms pvp guide =D honestly what i have been searching for for soo long in a video. only thing i would ask for is some arena footage with ur explanations edited in as u did while dpsing the dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    I just wanted to point out something about CS.

You said use it whenever it's available, without overwriting the debuff.

While that's correct, CS isn't really worth using against Cloth and Leather users and even Mail is debatable. Against Plate on the other hand it's a clear DPS gain. Now you could argue that CS helps you set up burst against cloth targets. But if you have limited up-time against a Frost-Mage for example, you're better off ignoring CS all together.

As a rule of thumb I'd say:

Against
    Cloth and Leather (expect Feral Druids) - ignore CS.
    Mail - use it to set-up burst.
    Plate - use it was much a possible.
    That does make alot of sense, especially for those tricky mages. Though I still like to keep it in my rotation unless as you said you need a quick burst. A geared clothies armor will reduce around lets say 27% physical damage + resilience. So if you can get a CS off I still say do it. IF you cant then go right for the MS.

---------- Post added 2011-07-20 at 04:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lukyl View Post
    Fantastic arms pvp guide =D honestly what i have been searching for for soo long in a video. only thing i would ask for is some arena footage with ur explanations edited in as u did while dpsing the dummy.
    Hey man thanks alot. I am already planning this, and trying to find a good team to do 3's with. My server is far from a top server, so I am also considering a server change. Thank you for the support. Keep an eye out for more!

10+ Year Old Account
    I like where he Hits on the beat 1:14 till 1:17 ;p

Deleted
    He should wear PvE gear tbh, can do much bigger burst then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    He should wear PvE gear tbh, can do much bigger burst then.
    Eh, I don't do PVE on my warrior. You are correct tho =) Tho this is arms so its more for the pvp crowd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamer4Gamer View Post
    That does make alot of sense, especially for those tricky mages. Though I still like to keep it in my rotation unless as you said you need a quick burst. A geared clothies armor will reduce around lets say 27% physical damage + resilience. So if you can get a CS off I still say do it. IF you cant then go right for the MS.
    Well, a Mage in PvP gear has roughly 8500 Armor, which amounts to 24% physical damage reduction. We'll leave Frost Armor and Resilience out of this as they remain unaffected by Colossus Smash.

CS will reduce that armor to 4250 for 6 seconds. Now I don't have the armor table to check this, but it should amount to about 16% physical damage reduction.

So with CS, your physical attacks go from dealing 76% of their damage to dealing 84% of their damage potential. That's roughly a 10% increase.

Since CS itself hits for less than half of a MS, you're giving up 55% of a regular attack in order to boost your following 3 attacks by 10%....and that's assuming you get them all off. I'm not saying it's wrong to use CS, but it's certainly a lot more situational against clothies than just using it on CD.
    Last edited by mmoc433ceb40ad; 2011-07-21 at 02:54 AM.

+1 for Sierra Leone alone.

Nice video. Ironic, I just came here to make a new thread regarding damage in arena for arms warrior and this video was here.

My actual main concern was with CSmash. I did 3-4 dps tests on the test dummies.
    First test I used Heroic Strike, Overpower and Mortal Strike on CD. Of course Rend was up 100% of the time. I used no CSmash.
    Second test, I used Heroic Strike, Overpower and Mortal Strike on CD. Of course, rend was up 100% of the time. I used CSmash on CD, but not overlapping.
    For the third test, I did the same thing as test 2, but I also kept 3 stacks of Sunder Armor up.

I stood in front of the target for the test and used NO AoE whatsoever. Test 1 resulted in around 11.8k sustained, with around 14k burst during deadly calm with trink and Orc Racial. Test 2 was around 12.5k sustained and around 15k during burst. Test 3 was only slightly higher than test 2.

Of course the DPS will vary slightly each time, bad run of parries or such.

So my first question is, what kind of armor does the regular Training Dummy have? I run in a 3s team with a WL and Resto sham, and I notice each time we play vs. another team that has an Arms, the enemy arms almost always does more overall damage than I do, unless we win, and he goes down early which allows me more time to inflict damage. In some matches it may be because the enemy arms never/rarely peels, but I find myself peeling for my healer quite often.

I use sweeping strikes whenever enemy team is close to each other and I usually get my bladestorm off when I feel that I can hit at least 2 enemy targets. We are winning most of our 3s matches so far, except for kitty cleaves and TSGs (dk damage :|) so I'm not sure if I should be too concerned that other warriors are our damaging me or not. Any advice would be great.

Deleted
    PvP is too situational to worry about how much damage in total you are putting out. Peeling, supporting and bursting at the right time are far more important.

Some Warriors tunnel 100-1 and for some that works fine. But it's not the most effective way to play. All that really matters is that you win.

As for Sunder Armor, I'd consider gylphing for CS if you play with another physical DPS class. Especially when playing Kung-Fu Cleave with a MM Hunter, Sunder Armor can pimp your groups damage quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajidon View Post
    Nice video. Ironic, I just came here to make a new thread regarding damage in arena for arms warrior and this video was here.

So my first question is, what kind of armor does the regular Training Dummy have? I run in a 3s team with a WL and Resto sham, and I notice each time we play vs. another team that has an Arms, the enemy arms almost always does more overall damage than I do, unless we win, and he goes down early which allows me more time to inflict damage. In some matches it may be because the enemy arms never/rarely peels, but I find myself peeling for my healer quite often.

I use sweeping strikes whenever enemy team is close to each other and I usually get my bladestorm off when I feel that I can hit at least 2 enemy targets. We are winning most of our 3s matches so far, except for kitty cleaves and TSGs (dk damage :|) so I'm not sure if I should be too concerned that other warriors are our damaging me or not. Any advice would be great.
    If your gear is equal to the other warriors then obviously its a flaw in your rotation. This can be worked on though. As for a warrior vs warrior fight, it generally if everyone uses CD's comes down to who got luckier crits.

You really should use your Bladestorm offensively and defensivly. Remember that it makes you immune to CC and use that to your advantage. You should be aware of anyone targeting you at any time. If no one is targeting you, then you can go offensive, maybe even pop Reck. IF you are being targeted you need to know when to cast SW or SR.

Let me know if this helps you at all. Thanks!

Very nice and helpful video, thanks.

But I can't help wonder as to why the guard was attacking the target dummy...

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Well, a Mage in PvP gear has roughly 8500 Armor, which amounts to 24% physical damage reduction. We'll leave Frost Armor and Resilience out of this as they remain unaffected by Colossus Smash.

CS will reduce that armor to 4250 for 6 seconds. Now I don't have the armor table to check this, but it should amount to about 16% physical damage reduction.

So with CS, your physical attacks go from dealing 76% of their damage to dealing 84% of their damage potential. That's roughly a 10% increase.

Since CS itself hits for less than half of a MS, you're giving up 55% of a regular attack in order to boost your following 3 attacks by 10%....and that's assuming you get them all off. I'm not saying it's wrong to use MS, but it's certainly a lot more situational against clothies than just using it on CD.

Agreed. I guess I never really considered ignoring CS on clothies but now that you put it that way... Thank you sir you have brought something to my attention that I did not see before.

---------- Post added 2011-07-21 at 03:47 PM ----------

Bump for effort!