Help with World of Logs

Dunno if this is in the right section or not...it has to do with raids so if not sorry mods

After a few to many fail raids we decided to use WoL so after the fight i can find fail.

I have been playing around but i cant find out how to do some things i have seen done by other people before. Could anyone help or link me to a guide that will tell me how (looked on youtube and read the WoL website.

(thewebsitedotcom)/reports/rt-at0olz57byo60tyh/details/2/?s=2521&e=2947

So first off i want to see the damage taken by the Shannox tank (not hard) but find out how much his 48% uptime of Demo Roar is actually hurting us. I can see the overlay on a raid damage done graph but not a damage taken one? Also a nice list of hits something like...

11:00 X hits tank for 100
    11:03 X hits tank for 110
    11:00 tanks dodges X attack
    11:09 X hits tanks for 90

Anyone want to give me some tips - would be much appreciated

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Find all entries involving Demo roar affects boss/fades, look at damage taken between this period and compare it to the periods were it's not up.

Doing it this way is pretty time consuming though, there are probably more efficient ways.

Details > Log browser ... add all the queries of interest ... run and then you can either see the results for the specific queries or the combined output.

Try this Query Set:
    [{"eventTypes": [1], "targetNames": ["Buzzbear"]}, {"spellNames": ["Demoralizing Roar"], "eventTypes": [6], "sourceNames": ["Buzzbear"]}, {"spellNames": ["Demoralizing Roar"], "eventTypes": [4], "sourceNames": ["Buzzbear"]}]

Deleted
    Go to the log browser here:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2521&e=2947

and paste the following query in (there's a button there to do this):

[{"spellNames": ["Demoralizing Roar"], "targetNames": ["Shannox"]}, {"eventTypes": [1], "targetNames": ["Buzzbear"]}, {"eventTypes": [5], "actorNames": ["Buzzbear"]}, {"spellNames": ["Barkskin"], "sourceNames": ["Buzzbear"]}, {"spellNames": ["Survival Instincts"], "sourceNames": ["Buzzbear"]}, {"spellNames": ["Inspiration"], "targetNames": ["Buzzbear"]}, {"spellNames": ["Pain Suppression"], "targetNames": ["Buzzbear"]}]

This will show you all the damage taken by Buzzbear, all the damage reduction effects on him (I think I caught them all, you can add them if I missed one) as well as Demo Roar/Inspiration uptime. Both Demo Roar & Inspiration uptime are pretty poor, especially considering your disc priest appeared to be primarily healing Buzzbear. You can do a similar thing with the expression editor, but :effort:.

[edit] Oh, and tell him to put up Faerie Fire, especially with how much physical DPS you guys have. [/edit]
    Last edited by mmoc5b62db1c89; 2011-07-19 at 12:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Have your bear tank install DroodFocus and disable all the fluff except the ability timers. Or get a timer mod like needtoknow and put demo roar in so they can track if it's up.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    Or use any number of addons he might already have, Powerauras / TellMeWhen etc etc will all do this and there is no reason for him not to be making sure his de/buffs are always up.

(On a side note, your resto druid should really be doing this with Harmony as well, as it's far too bloody good not to have 85%+ uptime).

Deleted
    To reduce the clutter you could just track the Arcing Slash hits along with the use of the damage reduction buffs and debuffs listed above. Also track when Shannox gains the Frenzy buff as that'll affect the damage taken.
    Basically Arcing Slash is hitting for 34-36k without Demo Roar and Inspiration, and about 22-24k when they're both present. If you can get the uptime of those two abilities closer to 100%, you'll have a much easier time keeping the poor drood alive.

Really the question shouldn't be how can I see how much more damage my tank took when he's not putting up his debuff (the answer is 10% more). the question should be why is your tank NOT doing it 100% of the time. It has no CD, costs only 10 rage and 10% is kind of a big deal.

This is kind of like asking, how can I tell how much of a dps lose is it for a fire mage to only apply LB for 48% of the fight... the answer is obviously less and your mage would need to learn how to monitor buffs and play his class correctly. Like wise your tank needs to learn to monitor debuffs, maybe direct him to addons that scream at him when he does have the debuff up.

DroodFocus is a good one i've heard. (Edit: someone already mentioned this addon)

10+ Year Old Account
    Really the question shouldn't be how can I see how much more damage my tank took when he's not putting up his debuff (the answer is 10% more). the question should be why is your tank NOT doing it 100% of the time. It has no CD, costs only 10 rage and 10% is kind of a big deal.
    Pretty much this. Look at his deaths and if the Overkill # was < 10% of the killing blow, he probably caused the wipe from being lazy in his tank duties. If your healers are struggling with mana, reducing damage taken by 10% for an additional 52% of the fight is pretty huge....
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Thanks Tecton, that's exactly what i was looking for.

Other comments, i know its an issue that's why i have these logs going now. To present him with the info and show him the error of his ways rather than "DO THIS NOOB".

I don't know enough about druid tanks to look at him and know whats wrong (like raid buffed he only has 169k where our Warrior has 185K - i have no idea if that's normal now, i know it sure didn't used to be) but WoL can help me justify my suspicions.

---------- Post added 2011-07-20 at 09:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Pretty much this. Look at his deaths and if the Overkill # was < 10% of the killing blow, he probably caused the wipe from being lazy in his tank duties. If your healers are struggling with mana, reducing damage taken by 10% for an additional 52% of the fight is pretty huge....
    In our 10man the 3 heals are close to our 3 most skilled players, so its not really something we noticed until this, just more "man this fight is heavy tank damage"

Quote Originally Posted by Badomen View Post
    Thanks Tecton, that's exactly what i was looking for.

Other comments, i know its an issue that's why i have these logs going now. To present him with the info and show him the error of his ways rather than "DO THIS NOOB".

I don't know enough about druid tanks to look at him and know whats wrong (like raid buffed he only has 169k where our Warrior has 185K - i have no idea if that's normal now, i know it sure didn't used to be) but WoL can help me justify my suspicions.

---------- Post added 2011-07-20 at 09:27 AM ----------

I understand what you are trying to do and I commend your wanting to help out your raiders to become better. Really the point I was driving at is it's simple math that he is taking 10% more damage when he doesn't have a -10% debuff on the boss. Having to go through WoL parses to say here you see you were hit for 89k swing with Demo up and 98k when you didn't have it up, is like having to prove 2+2=4.

It speaks to a larger issue of your tank when he doesn't understand that his 10% debuff is quintessential to tanks... they ALL have them,

DK- Scarlet Fever
    Pally- Vindication
    Warrior -Demoralizing Shout
    Druid- Demoralizing Roar

169k HP for a tank is very very low, unless he is in blue gear. If you really want to help him send him to a site were he can research his class, if he doesn't want to do that... then there is a very large chance that he wont take your advice either.

Either way Kudos to you for wanting to help your mates

15+ Year Old Account
    169k is fine for normal content as a bear tank. I tanked Halfus 25m heroic with 171k with full avoidance spec. Bears will generally have 20-30k less than other tanks. As you move into heroic content though he will want to stamina stack a little more. You need to gear for the encounter at that point. For instance if he's tanking Maloriak hm you will want 180k to give healers a good buffer in black phase. Ask him to go read the Bear sticky or threads in the druid forum. He will learn a lot.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222