Thread: Leap of faith

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Leap of faith

It seems people are angry at you whenever you use it, even on attempts to save their puny lives.

In an EoTs match just now, a paladin on my team fell on the piece of land wich is next to the flag ground on a lower level, he wanted to heal himself but I pulled him up and penanced him, at the moment I pressed Penance, he got deathgripped by a death knight and killed. Now it doesn't matter if he was pulled by me or not, he would have died anyways because that dk would have gripped him anyways. He then got mad at me and proceeded to type in caps that I caused him to die.

Also we had the flag but the alliance had the flag zone under control (where it spawns) so our team decided not to cap just yet. I did not read this text and pulled the fc to the cap spot causing us to lose when the alliance got the flag afterwards.

So I accidently trolled 2 times with this spell.....

What are your uses for it? It seems like a real troll-toolkit spell, some guy even said to me: Troll mages by gripping them when they evocate. Ofcourse I won't do that because that's just being an asshole.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use it for fun on my guild's Mages after they blink when running back after a wipe. But they know it's in good fun. If I do it in the Firelands I give them a lift on my motorbike to make it up to them.

On a Firelands related note I also use it on AFK auto runners who are about to run their AFK asses into the trash before Alysrazor >.<

Deleted
    TBH the EotS looks more like a misstime, should of let the dk deathgrip then you lifegrip him from the DK

well maybe the pala heal would have been finished until dk grips him...nevermind
    the spell is really good for capture the flag matches because warriorjump+leap = out of range

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madkitty View Post
    TBH the EotS looks more like a misstime, should of let the dk deathgrip then you lifegrip him from the DK
    True, thought about that later.

Deleted
    i use it purely to grief guildies in raids
    yeh it has some benefits, but its much more fun to grief your guildies while running back/slacking/afking
    ryolith lava pool hurts if u want to drop someone in there
    also bwd elevator had some great uses

Deleted
    The reason people get all pissy about it is because they shit their pants when you use it on them :P

It's pretty much only usefull if people are sleeping and not standing where they should be standing (stack up phases for example) or just standing in shit. It's also a decent tool to assist people kiting stuff, especially as holy.

I remember when i was tanking atramedes, and i was on gong duty for the air phase. Some priest thought he would be helpful by leap of faithing me back into the laser..... while i was running away.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Taking to long to stack? Life Grip. Standing in fire? Life Grip. Running faster than me after a wipe? Life Grip. Caught outside the battle area? Life Grip over that lava. Getting grouped up on in pvp? Life Grip. Yourself getting focused down cuz you're the healer? Life grip a friend to spread the wealth.

So many uses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    It seems people are angry at you whenever you use it, even on attempts to save their puny lives.

In an EoTs match just now, a paladin on my team fell on the piece of land wich is next to the flag ground on a lower level, he wanted to heal himself but I pulled him up and penanced him, at the moment I pressed Penance, he got deathgripped by a death knight and killed. Now it doesn't matter if he was pulled by me or not, he would have died anyways because that dk would have gripped him anyways. He then got mad at me and proceeded to type in caps that I caused him to die.

Also we had the flag but the alliance had the flag zone under control (where it spawns) so our team decided not to cap just yet. I did not read this text and pulled the fc to the cap spot causing us to lose when the alliance got the flag afterwards.

So I accidently trolled 2 times with this spell.....

What are your uses for it? It seems like a real troll-toolkit spell, some guy even said to me: Troll mages by gripping them when they evocate. Ofcourse I won't do that because that's just being an asshole.
    To be honest, those were two crappy uses of the spell. If you lifegripped the ret while he was healing himself, you interrupted his cast. Also, there's a good chance he was just trying to get some distance/LoS from people about to kill him, was it necessary to grip him back into the fight? With the flag cap, if they were holding the flag, I'm guessing the FC wasn't being pressured that hard, so you must have gripped him for the purpose of capping. Why take the decision upon yourself? I know it's our shiny new spell, but save it for getting ranged away from melee, getting FC's away from pursuers, others are unlikely to thank you for it since you don't seem to be using it that well.

Anyhow, that's just pvp useage. In raids, you use it on the tank as he goes to pull. No exceptions, no apologies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyred View Post
    To be honest, those were two crappy uses of the spell. If you lifegripped the ret while he was healing himself, you interrupted his cast. Also, there's a good chance he was just trying to get some distance/LoS from people about to kill him, was it necessary to grip him back into the fight? With the flag cap, if they were holding the flag, I'm guessing the FC wasn't being pressured that hard, so you must have gripped him for the purpose of capping. Why take the decision upon yourself? I know it's our shiny new spell, but save it for getting ranged away from melee, getting FC's away from pursuers, others are unlikely to thank you for it since you don't seem to be using it that well.

Anyhow, that's just pvp useage. In raids, you use it on the tank as he goes to pull. No exceptions, no apologies.
    The ret really wasn't near almost dead, he was at 60%. I thought I would heal him and save him some mana, since my heals are more efficient and heal for more. But the timing was bad, should have waited until he got dg-ed. (not that I knew he was going to get dg-ed beforehand).

Also I thought the fc was trolling us and capped it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drefanator View Post
    Yourself getting focused down cuz you're the healer? Life grip a friend to spread the wealth.
    oh I have to remember this.

And another use is to life grip people in your party that are at the AH or a vendor.

I use it on AB and BfG when my teammates are trying to cap the flag before me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    The ret really wasn't near almost dead, he was at 60%. I thought I would heal him and save him some mana, since my heals are more efficient and heal for more. But the timing was bad, should have waited until he got dg-ed. (not that I knew he was going to get dg-ed beforehand).

Also I thought the fc was trolling us and capped it.
    For the ret, feel free to heal him from a distance. If he's in range of lifegrip, he's in range of heals, and you really should save a 90 sec cd for when it's needed. For the cap, pay more attention. That was some pretty basic EotS strategy.

Deleted
    Uses in raids are very situational. Alysrazor fight it has it's uses, if the tank is miles away from a worm to feed an angry bird. Pulling out a mage that's aoeing and is getting smacked to death, a lifegrip can give you enough time to heal them.

Same with Shannox (heroic, not done normal) fights, if someone desperately needs to trap rageface, but are far away from a relevant trap, you can assist.

In pvp, it's application is more limited. Pulling a flag carrier along when they're being closed down on/stunlocked by the enemy is one situation. Other situations such as someone grabbing the flag and you gripping them up onto a balcony etc are good, but really need the other person to be aware of what you're going to do. With that said, doing it in a random bg with low communication is unwise as you may get a negative response.

If you're talking on vent/teamspeak then people will be less likely to freak out at a sudden change of direction/elevation.

I hit 85 on my Priest last night, and I've been using it on CD, every CD. My friend gets scared when you do it so I always do it to random places like to under a boss or something. :3

But yeah, in actual PuGs I can understand why getting pulled away from somewhere can get you mad, but you deserve it if you're stood in crap on the floor.

Deleted
    Never seen it used in PVE seriously exept for my priest buddies to anoy me when I am about to pull.

Deleted
    best use i've seen for it in pvp? the priest pulling idiots away from the flag so the tanky types can take it instead

The only use I've seen for it in the last few weeks is to pull people into the Firelands lava whenever there's a break or other intermezzo.

I hate the spell with a passion, it should insta-kill the priest when used, much like the old Divine Intervention.

After several ragequit-episodes the priests in my guild have been explicitly forbidden to ever use this ability. In its place I now have a macro saying

/w NOT lifegripping you.

We priests still lifegrip eachother into lava during breaks though, but that's because priest players are fun people while everyone else are just partypoopers