Rag second intermission

So I made a post before a out rag second phase and it was greatly appreciated. We no longer have any problems with it and smooth sail to the sons spawning and proceed to wipe in 5 sec.
    Our raid comp sucks tbh
    .2 frost dk
    1 prot pally
    1 blood dk
    1 arcane Mage
    1 enh sham
    1 shadow priest
    3 healers only pally healer has a stun

I have no clue how to push through this we have a war tank but he is on vacation for a week.I am placing ranged on outside flames and melee on closer tanks beside hammer. Both our tanks say they can barely burn an add to 50%. Dks grip when neccessary.Any pointers?
    Last edited by Deathzero; 2011-07-19 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathzero View Post
    So I made a post before a out rag second phase and it was greatly appreciated. We no longer have any problems with it and smooth sail to the sons spawning and proceed to wipe in 5 sec.
    Our raid comp sucks tbh
    .2 frost dk
    1 prot pally
    1 blood dk
    1 arcane Mage
    1 enh sham
    1 shadow priest

I have no clue how to push through this we have a war tank but he is on vacation for a week.I am placing ranged on outside flames and melee on closer tanks beside hammer. Both our tanks say they can barely burn an add to 50%. Dks grip when neccessary.Any pointers?
    Make sure you dont stun the adds instantly, they dont start moving until like 1sec so wait for that.
    What id do is let your blood dk pick up both scions, D&D on one side and get the other one for himself. Your pally tank+healer can stun 3x each (hammer of justice then holy wrath) they will do this with the ones far away from the hammer, the protpala will keep dpsing one add and the holy should get to the hammer to help with emergency holy wrath's.
    Should be easy with 3x DK's tho.

Um. It's like the first intermission but with 1 less tank because he is picking up the 2 big adds...

Healing is fine since the raid damage is minimal. You have 3 death grips and 2 HoJs...not to mention shaman can knock back. Your DPS just aren't doing it well enough me thinks.

As for the debuff, just make sure no one is in between an add and the hammer as to not spawn fire there and just move around the edge of the platform until it disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathzero View Post
    Our raid comp sucks tbh
    .2 frost dk
    1 prot pally
    1 blood dk
    1 arcane Mage
    1 enh sham
    1 shadow priest

With 3 DKs and 2 paladins I don't see how you're failing to kill the adds at all. Keep 2 melee on the closest adds to the hammer no matter what, they should be able to have no problems doing it, the next 2 closest, keep tanks on them, stun them as soon as they drop (HoJ + HW), Use the Holy Paladin too. Keep ranged on the furthest one. Death grip any adds that are moving too close to the hammer, you have three of them.

I know you can understand my frustration at 7 wipes in a row on this coupled with a few people during to engulfing flame for some reason.

Deleted
    check your pallies are using the holy wrath stuns elementals/dragonkin glyph as it seems you need that extra stun.

For the Sons of Flame, you can use it to prolong the phase if the hammer is smashed on a side (instead of the center). Assign 1 DPS to burn the furthest Son to as little HP as possible and leave him up. He'll crawl very slowly. To be frank, dpsing the adds down quick is more effective than relying on stuns. Use stuns either from the get go or as an emergency.

For the Scions, prolong the phase using the above strat if u need time. Else just have 1 tank take raggy and the other take both adds. When your raggy tank has 4 stacks of debuff, 1 scion shld be down by then. Tank swap and finish it. They don't hit hard and are stunnable if the need arises for some reason.

You can check the video in my sig. Good luck!

What we did for this is, assign one dps and our pally to one son each. and they deal with it and the two tanks have one as well.

Your comp is somewhat similar to what ares was.

We ran

Holy pally
    arcane mage
    resto druid
    holy/disc priest
    rogue
    frost dk
    hunter
    warlock.
    feral druid(tank)
    Prot pally

Just assign a dps to each son

What we did was

Count from the right

and give numbers, theres 8 of them.
    #1 is the farthest on the right and #2.
    we have our holly pally #2 and the rogue helped #1 and #2
    and then so on and so forth
    and # 7 and 8 were tanks since they're the closest to them.

Try and do something similar to that, but your raid comp is a bit dif, but 100% doable.

if ur having problems with this, have both of ur DKs spec into chillblains if THEY absolutely need it, which they shouldnt but still. if necessary, i'd do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    ...not to mention shaman can knock back.
    I am the Enh sham in that raid grp and as that spec i dont not provide a knock back.

Then your job would be to take down your target asap.

Stunning is not the answer, its a backup.
    Proper dps assignment is the answer

Quote Originally Posted by junialum View Post
    Then your job would be to take down your target asap.

Stunning is not the answer, its a backup.
    Proper dps assignment is the answer
    True. wat i normally do is just burst to around 40ish then move on to the next.