optimal weapon enchant

Weapon -- Hurricane - proc haste when casting or melee
    Weapon -- Heartsong - proc spirit when casting
    Weapon -- Power Torrent - proc int when casting

discuss which is best for healy priest....

i lean towards torrent unless you have mana gen issues no? ps this is coming from a holy priest

Deleted
    Power torrent. Don't know why you even considered hurricane. :P

as holy I would stay with Heartsong. its 320 spirit, manareg on procc is okey
    but throughput on procc (power torrent) is nothing i like as healer.
    of course you can time your CDs for a proc (sfiend, manahymn, rupture if disc) but it wont net you as much mana as heartsong.
    it has relativily high uptime though (up to 1/3 uptime I think, but I'm not sure. same for heartsong obviosly).

So its up to you. i prefer spirit proccs, because you nearly always can use the extra mana.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post11084040

That's a link to a previous post explaining the math behind Heartsong and Power Torrent. Hope that helps

I will take this approximation as a base for manareg comparison: (got it from the thread linked above)
    Power Torrent has a 45s ICD with a 33% proc rate. That's a proc every ~51s (at 2s per cast) for a 23.53% uptime.
    Heartsong has a 20s ICD with a 25% proc rate. That's a proc every ~28s (at 2s per cast) for a 53.57% uptime.

Power Torrent gives 500Int, which is about 9700 Mana.
    Lets assume we have a 8min fight, where we can use sfiend twice, one empowered by or own Manayhmn. I just let my sfiend eat a raiddummy 3 times, and it hit him 10x in all 3 tries. (dont know the avarege number in raids, so I'll use this)
    23.5% uptime in a 8min fight is 113 seconds, where we have this 9700 additional mana. Replenishments regenerates 1% mana every 10sec, so we get 1100 more Mana from replen.
    If our sfiend hits the boss 10x for 3% managain, thats 30%. once, this gets buffed by 15% thanks to our hmyn, resulting in nearly 35%. the Hymn iteself ticks for 2% (and buffs itself by 15% for the 2nd,3rd and 4th tick) resulting in nearly 9%, if we get all the ticks ourselves.
    so we regenerate up to 74% of our mana thanks to sfiend+HoH in this scenario.
    if we manage to time the CD's during our Power Torrent proccs (which you cant, because PT only has 12sec duration, and theres human reaction time and "finish cast" or GCD time) we would get 74% of 9700 => 7200 mana due to timing PT with other CDs.
    Manareg in this very utopical scenario: 8300 Mana
    Heartsong regen for Holypriest in 8min fight, at 53.5% uptime and assuming 97% spirit to mp5 conversion: (that depends on your int level)
    8min* 0.535 = 257seconds of 194 mp5 => nearly 10'000 Mana

so this shows, that with perfect timing of your CDs together with Power Torrent, you can reach about 80% of the managain that Heartsong provides.
    But it depends only on your good CD usage! If you dont manage to time your sfiend+Hymn perfectly, manareg will drop, and if you forget completly and miss the PT buff, you will only have 1100 manareg. (the part you get from replen)
    As Holy, I stay with Heartsong. I have trouble finding good moments for HoH anyway, forget timing it together with PT...
    (of course the greater deal is sfiend-timing, but that is not always perfectly timable with PT)

As Disc, it also depends on you timing your shields to break during a PT phase, but if you do this, it will easily overtake Heartsong.
    every shield break gives additional ~700 mana, and thanks to the InnerCD of rapture also being 12sec (same as PT), chance are high that you will manage to get a rapture proc, if you intend to do so.
    as Disc, you will probably be looking at a Heartsong: 6500 reg, vs PT(with prefect usage): over 15k reg
    Last edited by TheTrueM4gg0t; 2011-07-19 at 04:21 PM.

Deleted
    Normal regen is buffed by spirit as well as int, so even without timing coolodwns or replen you still get some regen from PT.

Don't forget disc your 15% int buf and 5% cloth bonus stack with PT too so you get somewhat more than the 500 int listed, 604 in fact (1.15*1.05*500).

Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    Normal regen is buffed by spirit as well as int, so even without timing coolodwns or replen you still get some regen from PT.
    (talking as holy) dont know how big of a differance that makes. because intellect only showes up in a root factor. if you have 6000 int, you get sqrt(6000) = 77.5
    with 500 int procc (which is worth 551int wih clothbonus and MotW) you get sqrt(6551) = 80.9
    so you're normal spirit regen gets buffed by 4.5% during PT. so its about a 1% buff to your spirit regen. well it is about 45 mp5, which would be over 4k mana on that 8min fight... have to check that out and see how exactly int interacts with spirit and mp5...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    Don't forget disc your 15% int buf and 5% cloth bonus stack with PT too so you get somewhat more than the 500 int listed, 604 in fact (1.15*1.05*500).
    and MotW is another 5%. but i did take that stuff in consideration in the list above. (the 15k for disc is a rounded up guess)

if you dont care about numbers, go with this logic...

if you have trouble with mana during fights, go heartsong.

if you dont, go PT.

as simple as that. heartsong does have shorter ICD than PT so it procs more but at the same time PT gives crap ton of int that could be used for getting mana back with hymn or/and fiend so its just what you prefer.

personally, i use PT and i got used to the play style of it.

hope this has helped you.