having a perioding slow down in dmg with frost DW

just wondering if this is normal for DW frost just switched over from 2H once i got 2 obsidian cleavers. There is a period after ohhh about 20 seconds of spamming or so that i get a lull in my runic power or runes that i didn't have with 2h. right now using the epidemic build from elitistjerks cause i like not having to worry about applying diseases as quickly due to rune cool downs but thinking about pulling 1 point from epidemic and putting it on butchery to hopefully giving just a bit more rune power regen to keep from having that lull. would post link to my armory but need more posts to put link but haste is at 76%

Yes, that's normal. And you really only need 2 points in epidemic.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

You can try 2 things to help smooth out your rotation. The first is going with the Improved Blood Tap 7/31/3 spec where you'll have to reapply BP twice after outbreak every 1 min, but get an additional blood tap. This spec helps fill the gaps with a few extra globals to use throughout the rotation, but requires keeping a close eye on your disease timers.

The second option is to try a mastery build and running in frost presence. You will have virtually no downtime at all and the loss in dps seems to be minimal.

The only other thing I would mention is once you get your 2 piece T12 your rotation should smooth out nicely with all the passive RP 2 piece will generate for you.

ah ha a get around in armory look up kindal on nerzhul kinda feel tarded after not thinking about that lol. but hrmmm was thinking about the blood tap build. dont want to run in frost cause we burn through things in our raid quite quickly so needing the unholy pres.

10+ Year Old Account
    You dont want to run in frost presence because your guild kills things so fast? You know there are some classes that dont have 15% movement speed so they use boot enchants, which if you ran in frost presence you would use too.
    Naus' Armoury - Armoury

the main thing i like for unholy for is the stupid amount of haste you get, not so much the movement speed granted it is quite nice. I really only use frost pres when I'm using aoe's.