Atonement question.

I've noticed something in the description of this talent. The first rank states that the healing done is equal to 50% of the damage done by Holy Fire and Smite, but the second rank states that the healing that is "equal to a percentage of the damage dealt". I assume that this percentage is higher than first rank's, so... does anybody know how much is that percentage? Why is this 2nd rank described so innacurately?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure it's 100% and It's affected by things like Arch angel so if you have arch angel popped and you Smite heal it heals for more. Evangelism increases the damage of Smite and Holy fire meaning you get nice heals =). At least I believe that's the case

100% of the damage dealt is what they mean

i suppose they put on airs when they wrote the tool tip
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

It's 100% with the rank 2.

It's not 100% with the rank 2. It scales with +Healing (Except Grace), which means it's more than 100%. Plus, at the time when they re-wrote it, was only one PTR build off of putting crit heals at 200%.

It was likely that Atonement was supposed to enjoy this effect as well, especially as special-snowflake it is, but never actually got there.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they rewrite the tooltip of Atonement around the time they put in the cap for how much it can heal? (what was it? 40% of the priest's max hp?) And as others stated, since it scales with +healing, it's more than 100% as long as it doesn't hit the hp cap.

One theory was that they changed the wording to allow the possibility of Mastery affecting it, but they never made any moves in that direction.

The consensus was that the change allowed them to acknowledge the hard cap without having to explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    It's not 100% with the rank 2. It scales with +Healing (Except Grace), which means it's more than 100%. Plus, at the time when they re-wrote it, was only one PTR build off of putting crit heals at 200%.

It was likely that Atonement was supposed to enjoy this effect as well, especially as special-snowflake it is, but never actually got there.
    Rank 2 of Atonement itself still 'only' gives 100% damage done as healing. That healing is than effected by any buffs to your healing spells of course, but that's not what Rank 2 of Atonement does. And that was the question as I understood it.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

They changed the Rank 2 tooltip when they patched atonement to heal the caster for only 50%, and never updated the Rank 1 tooltip.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    ... It scales with +Healing (Except Grace) ...
    4.2 stealth fixed Atonement to scale with Grace and NOT scale with Twin Disciplines. There was a post here (too lazy to search) in which someone claimed that Atonement crits were scaling at 200% on the 4.2 PTR, but either they were incorrect or the feature got pulled before going live.
    Last edited by CaseyTheRetard; 2011-07-20 at 06:25 PM.