Are we really Warlocks?

The following is copied from WoWWiki...

"In most societies, the warlocks now live on the fringe of civilization, tolerated but not trusted. Human warlocks meet in secret in the basement of a bar in Stormwind. Thrall has expressed discomfort with the warlocks but understands the necessities in using them so he has allowed them the Cleft of Shadows. Conventional spell casters often see the warlock's magic as a vain attempt at increasing their own power."

Although many that consort with demons fall to darkness, the warlocks of the Horde and the Alliance advocate bending demonic forces to one's will without succumbing to complete corruption. These spell casters can summon demons to serve them, and they can also cast many painful spells that slowly eat at the life of their enemies. Warlocks are usually physically weak compared to other classes, but they compensate for this deficiency with their potent array of spells and their demonic minions. Compared to other spell casters, warlocks are among the strongest and often depend on the sacrifice of their own blood to fuel their magical powers."

Although I'm not a lore 'buff', and henceforth the following question could be pointless, but the underlined section which states that we "[bend] demonic forces ... without succumbing to complete corruption", does this imply that we are less than a true Warlock, that our powers are hindered by our allegiance to the Alliance/Horde?

Also, why do warlocks have 'minions', i understand that its a game mechanic (Gameplay > Lore, if I'm correct), and I'm totally all for having minions to do by bidding, its great - its why i play a Warlock, its just that it seems that 'true' warlocks, i.e Archimonde, Gul'dan, Medivh even Kil'jaeden, never seemed to have/had minions at their side (Sure they had worshipers, but never really minions).
    Last edited by KamekaziKoala; 2011-07-20 at 09:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    First off; Wowpedia>WoWWiki, WoWWiki has been on the decline for quite some time.

Also I'm not an intense lore buff also, but one example to show the "big" warlocks had minions are the: Dread Lords, the Burning Legion, the worshipers, etc. Just because the minions aren't at the masters side 24/7 doesn't mean they aren't there at all. I remember in one level of Warcraft 3, your summoning Archimonde I think as Arthas and Kel'Thuzad and as the time goes on and the waves of enemies get stronger (they're trying to stop the summoning) Archimonde gives your Hell Hounds, Infernals, etc. The difference between the super powerful warlocks and the playable ones is that they can summon mass amounts of them whenever they feel like it...where as we can summon one at a time every so often.

Deleted
    We have the powers in us. That's for sure. But I believe they indeed get hindered by our faction leaders.
    I don't know why these great lord creatures you talk about didn't summon them. Maybe they felt they couldn't trust them. Maybe they didn't had that power.
    There are plenty of examples that we use demonic powers (Demon Soul, Soul Link, Metamorphosis, basicly the whole demonology tree). Affliction doesn't focus on demons that much. They just use their power to torture people. Destruction wants to see everything burn, they want to see everything in chaos.

Thanks for the reply, really useful - so, what your saying is, WE will be the elusive third faction, the warlocks? (Trololol)

But no, i do remember playing WCIII, and kind of remember Archimonde summoning, etc. If only we could become more powerful.