Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

[Movies] Captain America

Can't wait to see it in 2 days, going to be pretty rad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Same, and be sure to stay after the credits as usual. Spoiler alert, it's a teaser trailer for The Avengers at the end. And it's the greatest trailer I've ever seen.

15+ Year Old Account
    The trailers look so awful...

Some heroes just dont translate well into movies.

15+ Year Old Account

[Movies] Nostalgia Critic - Captain America

I think trailer was looking very nice.

Cool Captain America

I just got back from the Midnight premiere, and I enjoyed it a lot. I think I enjoyed Thor just a bit more but still CA was a great film. A couple of points (I won't spoil anything plotwise);

1. I loved that it referenced itself in the fact that he was wearing the original 1940's suit in the first part, and that they were selling issues of the first comic on the streets, in the same time period that the first comics were sold.

2. After the credits. Stay and watch them and you will not regret it. Without spoiling it, it gave me the chills and was absolutely epic.

3. Hugo Weaving again plays an excellent villain.

4. Chris Evans does a fantastic job of transferring from his Human Torch role to this one. I did not recognize that it was the same person towards the end of the movie.

These are the things I thought of off hand, and will add any I think of later.
    Last edited by Bloogonis; 2011-07-22 at 07:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvt Huson View Post
    I want to make an 80ft golden dong and get terrorised by fisher price shoggoths
    “You heard the man,” Jaime said to Ilyn Payne. “Find a nice long spear, and shove it up his arse.”

Lucky you! It does not come to the theatres in my country until 29th but I will be sure to stay after the credits!

Deleted
    Anyone think this film is worth watching in 3d? or should I stick good ol' 2d

Stay with 2d! Wasn't that amazing of a movie for 3d, but good none the less

Quote Originally Posted by Howlingfish View Post
    Stay with 2d! Wasn't that amazing of a movie for 3d, but good none the less
    Some of the 3d scenes were pretty nice, such as some of the bouncing shield parts and the aerial scenes, but other than that, it would have been fine without. I am always telling my friends that if you want to see 'true' 3d, you need to see it in an IMAX theater, and that had scenes filmed with IMAX cameras, such as a certain truck-flipping scene in The Dark Knight
    Quote Originally Posted by pvt Huson View Post
    I want to make an 80ft golden dong and get terrorised by fisher price shoggoths
    “You heard the man,” Jaime said to Ilyn Payne. “Find a nice long spear, and shove it up his arse.”

Ya the movie was great. Wasn't too flashy, it show cased how Captain America really was and it stuck pretty much exactly to the original comics. I really enjoyed it. The thing after the credits was fantastic!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloogonis View Post

2. After the credits. Stay and watch them and you will not regret it. Without spoiling it, it gave me the chills and was absolutely epic.
    Just got back from watching it also. STAY until the very end (after the credits) and you won't regret it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to see this pretty badly also, I hope it doesn't suck like Green Lantern did -.-

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought is was pretty awesome, and STICK AROUND FOR THE END CREDITS.

Deleted
    i dont know what to think of it..

15+ Year Old Account
    Thought it was decent. Probably my 2nd favourite comic movie this summer next to Thor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved it. Tommy Lee Jones and Hugo Weaving stole every scene they had and were well worth the price of admission alone.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought it was brilliant, best since Iron Man(1). After Thor I thought they couldnt bring back a decent movie but I was proved wrong so so much!
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoyed the movie. Unfortunately I didn't wait to see the trailer after the credits but I'll catch it on Youtube at some point. Between Thor and Captain American I thought Thor was better but both movies are worth the price of admission. I still sneak my candy in though.

I'm headed to watch it this Friday.

Now you guys really have me psyched.