Baleroc 10m 2tank/3heal

Hello. my guild leader has set his mind on doing 2tank/3heal on Baleroc.

Here is a list of our dps for Shannox -

20.9k mage
    20.6k hunter
    18.9k priest
    16.7k lock
    15.5k Rogue
    10.3k Warr Tank
    5.8k DK OT

Now, the DK tank had a bunch of down time and will be doing more DPS.
    The rogue had a lot downtime as well due to movement.
    The warlock might be replaced.

Now, i would assume all DPS would go down from shannox to baleroc because it is a bit more movement.

http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/148231/

Is it possible to do Baleroc with our current DPS and 2tank/3heal?

Also, how many stacks should we be taking on crystal? We tend to 13-14 and 13-14
    Last edited by Brianmage; 2011-07-20 at 09:22 PM.

I'm pretty sure you can do the "2 tank" strat with one of the tanks (the one taking the decimating blade) being a plate dps. It'll give you a slight edge over using two real tanks.

As for stacks, 12/13 can hit pretty hard, you have 5 dps who can take it -- have 2 soak one shard and 3 soak the other (8/8/9) to make it a bit easier on heals. Your shadow priest can take 16 stacks (10 + 6 with dispersion) easy every other time (so 16/9), if he glyphs it, so put him on shard soaked by only 2 people.

Ok thanks. I'll offer up that strat.. hopefully guild leader listens

As a healer myself yes 13-14 can be hard to heal for some specs so its partly a matter of what type of heals you have and overall how good they are. The fight itself never seem to have much movement to me (at least for the melee) and our I believe our rogue has gone below 19k on that fightm so it might be a gear/spec issue for yours (ours is assn).

Other than that Aleysia above me already cover the other big tips so with that everything should go a bit smoother. A disc priest also helps big time as we can get triple stacks of the healing buff with each cast of penance. On our kills so far I always end with at least 20+ stacks than the other healers.

baleroc 10man easy mode

becareful where the shards spawn dont want a healer to be next to one and for the players starting with the stacks use a cd around 10 stacks they can get up to 15 stacks 16 if lucky.

your lock can also take care of one shard by himself with appropiate talents if im right its a "pvp talent" our warlock does it in heroic mode making it look easy...try it out
    "I tink I taw a putty twat!" "I did...I did see a putty twat!"

As far as your strat is concerned, my guild uses the same setup as you (2 tanks, 5 DPS, 3 heals), this is how we do it.

Tank 2 (in our case a paladin) starts the fight tanking, until he has over 250k HP from the buff (2-3 stacks). From then, Tank 1 (MT - me, a DK) taunts and tanks the rest of the fight, with the exception of decimation blades. As a DK, inferno blades are kind of a joke with AMS, so just a heads up since you've got a DK tank.
    When decimation blades pop, have your OT taunt, take the first hit, then MT taunt and take the 2nd (around the 2nd decimation is when a new stack is added, so your MT gets the buff, and not the OT), OT take 3rd decimation blade, then MT taunts and continues tanking as normal. This really helps your MT keep the stacks he needs, and your OT gets REALLY easy to heal for your healers towards the end of the fight during dec. blade.
    As for your DPS, we have 3 people per crystal. The first two DPS take 9 stacks each, and the last DPS finishes the crystal. When crystal 2 spawns, DPSers 4 and 5 both take their 9 stacks, and by then your 1st DPS's debuff is gone and he can soak the end of the 2nd crystal. It sounds confusing, but we one shot him w/o any complications, and we're not exactly the most geared bunch. Just practice, and I promise you'll have success, especially with the DPS you've got.
    Hope this helps!

10+ Year Old Account
    Should be doable, we did it with a similar setup.

If you lack DPS, be sure to use all consumables and gems/enchants/gear you can get, including pre-potting/potting during lust/hero, increases DPS by a lot.
    Tank just goes until max hp is above 250k, then only on shadowblame (chimaeron all over) and your healers take turns in who is the main healer on each shard, while they all do direct heals on the shard guys when they have time to spare (don't get all stack horny tho).

DPS+Healers just stack up in melee range at the right leg, as soon as shard spawns all but 2 move, 1 takes 12 stacks and moves as well, other takes rest of stacks, and moves asap as soon as it disappears. Real easy stuff, no mayor DPS loss by moving those 20 yards.

Should be an easy kill.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

You hardly have to move during Baleroc. Your DPSers (especially the rogue) will be doing more DPS against Baleroc. to successfully 2tank/3heal Baleroc you need DPS to do an average 20k each and tanks to do 8-10k each.

It is very doable with your current group.

as a 3/13 guild before patch and 6/7 now. we do 2 tank 3 heal. as the dk i actually went avoidance > mastery for this tier largely in part bc of this fight. your healers will likely be strained for mana if you run a plate dps as the offtank because decimation blade is rough to handle. Personally with our healers they will burn a lot of mana if i dont parry/dodge a lot. as far as dps, our first kill we hit enrage with very similar numbers as your own. just remember, every 2 mins should be 33% or more and if you are looking at an enrage the offtank can run away and hopefully buy you some time as our first kill was 6 mins 22 seconds.

Ok thanks. So, i guess we can leave the 2tank/3heal. And 5DPS rotation on shards

We literally have the exact same comp as you. We 3 healed (Resto Shaman, Resto Druid, me on my Disc Priest), and 2 Tanked (Pally/Warrior).

Crystals were:

1) Rogue/Shadow Priest (Dispersion)
    2) Warlock/Mage

Healers took turns solo-healing the tank as the other two build up stacks. Swap per crystal.

Crystal 1 - Shaman on tank, Priest/Druid on Torment
    Crystal 2 - Priest on Tank , Shaman/Druid on Torment
    Crystal 3 - Druid on tank, Priest/Shaman on Torment

Rinse and Repeat. From our first pull on him ever, to a kill, it took us less than 1 hour following this. First time we did it (sunday), we let tanks die and rezzed them. When we 1 shot it this week on tuesday for our 2nd kill, we had our off tank take enough stacks to reach a tad over 250k HP, and he then taunted decimations off our MT, who taunted back after the hit. Smooth as possible.

First kill was 5:40, second was 5:20.

You have a Shadow Priest so you got this made. Assign 2 Crystal DPS teams with 2 people each, the first person will take ~12 stacks and the 2nd person will finish off the crystal. 1 Tank the fight with your best tank, have your other tank DPS.

-1st Shard-

sPriest will take the entire first shard. Have Healer A and Healer B spam heal him the entire time. At about 19-20 stacks the sPriest pops Dispersion, reducing the damage but will still need a lot of healing. Pop BL here as well so the healers will be able to keep up and also to squeeze in some extra casts. If you perform this right, your 2 healers will have a TON of stacks right from the get go.

Healer C will heal the 2nd Crystal to start getting his own stacks, while Healers A and B are on the Tank. Keep a stready Healer rotation from then on. At all times, after the first crystal, you should have 2 Healers healing the tank and 1 Healer healing the crystal people. It helps to have one of your non crystal dpsers to call out which Healer is healing the next crystal in vent.

You should get it after a few attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireteeth View Post
    You have a Shadow Priest so you got this made. Assign 2 Crystal DPS teams with 2 people each, the first person will take ~12 stacks and the 2nd person will finish off the crystal. 1 Tank the fight with your best tank, have your other tank DPS.

-1st Shard-

sPriest will take the entire first shard. Have Healer A and Healer B spam heal him the entire time. At about 19-20 stacks the sPriest pops Dispersion, reducing the damage but will still need a lot of healing. Pop BL here as well so the healers will be able to keep up and also to squeeze in some extra casts. If you perform this right, your 2 healers will have a TON of stacks right from the get go.

Healer C will heal the 2nd Crystal to start getting his own stacks, while Healers A and B are on the Tank. Keep a stready Healer rotation from then on. At all times, after the first crystal, you should have 2 Healers healing the tank and 1 Healer healing the crystal people. It helps to have one of your non crystal dpsers to call out which Healer is healing the next crystal in vent.

You should get it after a few attempts.
    With us, we found it easier to always have 2 people on the torment (Because tunneling DPS are stupid).

Quote Originally Posted by Ipawnu View Post
    Hello. my guild leader has set his mind on doing 2tank/3heal on Baleroc.

Here is a list of our dps for Shannox -

20.9k mage
    20.6k hunter
    18.9k priest
    16.7k lock
    15.5k Rogue
    10.3k Warr Tank
    5.8k DK OT

Also, how many stacks should we be taking on crystal? We tend to 13-14 and 13-14

Those numbers will not kill baleroc before he enrages. The minimum requisite will be 20,000DPSx5 with your composition, and that is assuming no deaths.

how many stacks should we be taking on crystal?

15 per person. [Shards of Torment] lasts 30 sec, dealing shadow damage every second. Move at 14 stacks and keep close eye on health bars.