Am I ready to heal Firelands? (10 mans)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Zafra/advanced

That is my armory.

I will be replacing the main hand weapon with one of the crafted pieces (ilevel365). But generally wanted to know if I can heal Firelands in this gear or should I be aiming for some more replacements?

Also feel free to point out any gem or enchant changes that are needed. I will be enchanting my cloak tonight with lightweave emb. and the new weapon will have power torrent.

Yup. Firelands was intended for those who'd cleared T11, and you're mostly in 359's. Go get 'em, tiger!

Deleted
    yo you are ready!

i might be wrong but that chest looks like you wanted to gem int/spirit for that bonus.

Bugger me you are right. I placed the wrong gem in there. Thanks Kvitrafn.

Well lets see what gear I can get in the next week or so and Firelands here I come. Thanks guys.

Deleted
    You're totally ready: Gearwise. As you have barely healed BoT/BWD/To4W you might just want to get the flow in there first, then continue into Firelands.

Unenchanted back and cheap weapon enchant.
    Fix this and you are ready

Some minor changes to be done i'd say. I reccomend you reforge into more haste and switch the chest gem to another int. Also as you are prone to burn a lot of mana in certain phases i would suggest you reforge your neck for spirit.

I wouldnt worry too much about it being 10 or 25 man either.
    Make sure you time shadowfiend with power torrent / hymn once you get your new power torrent weapon and good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumduh

There are plenty of ways to share your anger in calm ways that don't include "FUCK YOU SHITCRAWLER," so lets try to keep it civil.

Deleted
    I would suggest some more T11 raiding to get rid of those ZA/ZG craps. Plus you might get head or shoulder token - seeing you have no set gear and lack even 2 piece bonus. Everything helps in Firelands...
    Try to heal at least trash and check out how are you doing. That will give you some picture what's ahead.

Deleted
    Healing isn't that much harder in Firelands then original bot/bwd once you first stepped inside.
    Your gear is decent and will probably work

Buy a Tsunami. Don't be cheap. No good trinkets in FL.

Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    difference between heartsong and PT is minor , its really his choice to go for mana regen or a little extra int

Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    there is nothing wrong with the weapon enchant, many top rated guild players use that.

Well I have healed the trash in Firelands. I am what 1k from Honored I believe. Been healing since vanilla, but I shall grab more +359 gear and maybe a piece or two more of the +378 stuff before I head in.

Deleted
    Gearwize more than ready IMHO, we had a raid last night 2 shammies, one ilvl 363 healed for 5k hps on boss fights, one ilvl 360 healed for 12k hps.
    the fact that we even killed 3 bosses like that astounds me, but we did. Both shamies are initiates to the guild but someone needs to grow a lot or will not make the initiate period.

Are they ready gearwize for Firelands? Yes, is the ilvl 363 comming again any time soon? Doubt it

I think get 3/3 Twin Disciplines will be better, you may remove a point from veiled shadows for this if you don't have mana issue.

Deleted
    maybe there jsut wasnt the extra damage to heal. we did 10man last night (druid/disc/pally) and our pally was literally sitting on 7-8k HPS as there wasnt more to heal. it was only baleroc where he shone.

hes a great healer and in our 25s he pulls very respectable numbers, its jsut the situation we were in that caused him to have low numbers

Quote Originally Posted by BarryManaLow View Post
    maybe there jsut wasnt the extra damage to heal. we did 10man last night (druid/disc/pally) and our pally was literally sitting on 7-8k HPS as there wasnt more to heal. it was only baleroc where he shone.

hes a great healer and in our 25s he pulls very respectable numbers, its jsut the situation we were in that caused him to have low numbers
    Most healers know by now that meters are utterly meaningless in most situations. A smart healer will avoid snipe healing and not heal more than what is needed. Sometimes that is a lot, sometimes very little. Most of the damage in FL can be avoided alltogether barring certain phases on bosses and you may find yourself almost bored as a healer in a competent group.
    Since much of the damage is avoidable it also hurts as hell most of the time if your raid fails and thus most of the time the only things meters will show is the inability to avoid certain mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumduh

There are plenty of ways to share your anger in calm ways that don't include "FUCK YOU SHITCRAWLER," so lets try to keep it civil.

15+ Year Old Account
    How are you planning to tackle Firelands? Run with a guild? Find a new guild? PuG?

Mostly out of curiosity, but you will likely have a better time running with a guild or organised PuG (depending on your server) than just LFR each reset.

In guild. But I have this absolute hatred of being carried. I refuse to be under-geared for a raid or an instance and just depend on others to carry me. Thus the question. I will most likely get the 378 belt, the 365 weapon, get a tier set bonus and then push the guild to run Firelands.

Deleted
    bleh, cant link quotes yet

Hobson, basically thats what im saying. numbers arent the only indication of healer performance. if there is no damage to heal, they cant heal.