Question 35k+ Frost DK Dps?

I'm looking at logs to see how other death knights are doing on damage in firelands and where I stand.
    Since Baleroc is a very good fight to look at for melee I started there on world of logs.

Top Rank Baleroc DK Dps
    Some crazy death knights are doing 42k -30k dps. Now I'm curious how this is happening .

My Guild Log
    My Armory

Here Doing just under 24k dps (Delune). I study up alot on whats good for death knights, priorities, gear, stats. One thing I don't do in raids is Pot / Pre-Pot. I'm just hunting down some tips.

Examples:
    1) How many Killing Machine procs do you let get eaten by Frost Strike
    2) Are death knights spamming their keys in at no end at full speed
    3) What latency do they usually have
    4) Are using pots THAT huge of a dmg bonus
    5) Do you sit on 2 runes (UF, DF, or DU) just incase a Killing Machine may proc

Is there something I'm missing

That log is probably bugged. There are a lot of bugged logs on WoL as the site isn't checking for validity of uploaded logs (yet).

There was also some talk about an in-game bug with one of the trash that inflated dps numbers.

Baleroc logs can be bugged, because the trash before Baleroc gives / gave a hidden Buff to damage.
    There are logs out there with a sub rogue pulling 42k. That's just impossible.

So, yeah. Don't worry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

I did almost 30k last week and 25k this week. -_-

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewelder View Post
    I did almost 30k last week and 25k this week. -_-
    on trash or baleroc?
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar Killer View Post
    on trash or baleroc?
    Baleroc.

(Sentence too short)

30k+ is definitely doable, but I'm not sure about 35k on a long fight like Baleroc. I only have about 8 pieces of 378 gear (the rest being 359s or 372s) and I can hit over 30k and maintain 27-28k pretty easily. That being said it all depends on the RNG. Going over some of the top DPS on world of logs at the moment a lot of the numbers just don't seem to even make sense.

Btw OP, using pots does increase your dps. I pre-pot before pull then wait for first HoR's proc then pop Pillar>Ghoul. Rinse and repeat and pot again during bloodlust, even though the raise dead CD may be still down unless the fight lasts long enough for it to come up.

Quote Originally Posted by RiceCakeMan View Post
    but I'm not sure about 35k on a long fight like Baleroc.
    Well doubt that as well - maybe in bis.
    Had several logs bug on baleroc as well - recorded a wipe where our raid supposedly had over 2,4 million raid dps which is hardly possible. Recount showed that as well.

Deleted
    Loads of bugged logs atm. I got 50k dps on shannox hc last night! And thats only with 2 sets of dots (priest). The whole guild ranked with a warrior at 60k dps at No.1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Logs can easily be bugged, for a long time a DK could DnD right over the elevator on Cho'gall and do ridiculous damage. Sometimes it's just the process of transferring the logs, sometimes people go into the actual logs and change the characters (numbers/letters in the actual logs) to get a certain amount of damage or healing done. 42k seems quite ridiculous, did they have an Unholy DK feeding them Unholy Frenzy the entire fight, and/or Dark Intent?

I mean, back in BwD days, I could spend the fight aoeing adds on Magmaw Hardmode and do 45k dps without breaking a sweat, that's not how you're supposed to do the fight tho, it seems these days people have a fascination with only one aspect of logs (and probably the least important), being the dps.
    Last edited by Varyk; 2011-07-21 at 09:52 PM.

I was close to the 30k realm last week as well and that felt pretty solid. The low 30s are possible for sure but I think that 35k would be about the absolute max without some type of bug or something.