Glyph of Incerate vs Glyph of Immolate Destro

Hey, I've been using Glyph of Incinerate. I checked out Elitist jerks and it says Immolate is superior.

Is there any data to back this up?

30% of my damage in a fight comes from Incinerate.

The more damage Immolate does, the more damage Conflag does. Immolate + Conflag combined should be more than 30% of your damage, so you want to use the Immolate glyph to buff these damage sources

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpacelySprocket View Post
    The more damage Immolate does, the more damage Conflag does. Immolate + Conflag combined should be more than 30% of your damage, so you want to use the Immolate glyph to buff these damage sources
    I was just about to post the exact same thing, you beat me to the punch.

How does it time it? The amount of damage immolate will do over 15 sec? Or how much it did?

Also Conflag doesnt always do insane damage ive seen it hit for 12k sometimes instead of the 35k hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EuBloodSolder View Post
    How does it time it? The amount of damage immolate will do over 15 sec? Or how much it did?

Also Conflag doesnt always do insane damage ive seen it hit for 12k sometimes instead of the 35k hits.
    It's 60% of what the full duration of the dot would be. So it's significant. So the glyph of immolate buffs 2 abilities. Glyph of incinerate buffs 1 moderate filler by 5%. It's not even a question.

This.

Also: Incinerate may do a lot of your total damage in a fight, but it is your lowest priority spell. It is your filler. You cast it when you have nothing else to cast. You want to buff your higher priority spells before you buff Incinerate.

Just a question, why dont you use them both?

Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    Just a question, why dont you use them both?
    Because both glyph of imp and conflag are far superior to incinerate. It is possible that with the legendary incinerate would beat out imp due to the damage duplicating properties of the staff, but until proc chance tests can be run that is pure speculation.

Remember, Incinerate won't be 30% of your damage if you swap glyphs. Immolate + Conflagrate (combined) should do about 40-50% more damage than Incinerate.

Immolate glyph is definately superior, although if you're bothered about doing good dps you shouldn't really be destro.

According to the latest simcraft profile, incinerate accounts for 18% of the damage, whereas Immolate + Conflag combined account for around 28%.

5% of 18% vs 10% of 28%

If your incinerate is accounting for almost 30% then you're probably casting it way too much and missing your cooldowns on other abilities. There's not really any other reason I can think of.