Should I, or not, be doing more DPS?

WoW Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...avierre/simple

Personally, I feel my DPS is a bit on the low side. I may be wrong, though. It may just be that I'm not geared well. enough. I'm pulling like 12k on a test dummy without popping Dark Archangel or Shadowfiend. Is 12k normal for my gear level, or am I doing something horribly wrong?

1) Throw up DoTs
    2) Mind Flay until Shadow Orb
    3) Mind Blast
    4) Watch for DoT refreshes, Mind Flay in the mean time, use Mind Blast "intelligently" (i.e. don't use it 2 seconds before Empowered Shadows is about to expire if you don't have an orb ready)

Weirdly enough u have 0 boss kills in any wrath/Cataclysm content!

Quote Originally Posted by cekz View Post
    Indeed. Thanks for the help sir.

Are you hit capped? it makes a HUUUUUUGE difference, and a friend of mine is saying 20-22% haste is best % for spreist

Quote Originally Posted by Dandruid View Post
    Are you hit capped? it makes a HUUUUUUGE difference, and a friend of mine is saying 20-22% haste is best % for spreist
    As cekz was kind enough to point out I have next to no boss kills. I'm mainly just talking from a heroic ZA/ZG perspective, as opposed to raiding. They're fun for something to do whilst not PvPing, and I am quite a bit over for heroic hit cap. Also, I have like 29% Haste.

its not weird at all because
    I'm pulling like 12k on a test dummy without popping Dark Archangel or Shadowfiend.
    12k is really to low to kill a boss in 10/25

Quote Originally Posted by Bsod View Post
    its not weird at all because

No it's not, you could kill bosses with 11k before the nerf, imagine after the nerf.
    to OP: Try it in a raid setup one day to see how your dps is. If you are around 15k, it's good enough for most raids, and with better gear the dps increases.

Quote Originally Posted by sithorion View Post
    No it's not, you could kill bosses with 11k before the nerf, imagine after the nerf.
    to OP: Try it in a raid setup one day to see how your dps is. If you are around 15k, it's good enough for most raids, and with better gear the dps increases.
    I'm getting conflicting reports from various sources on stats and what-not. At the moment I'm (estimating and rounding of fhere) 29% Haste, 14% Crit, and 11% Mastery. Should I reforge for more mastery? Less haste?
    Last edited by Kreuz Kontrol; 2011-07-22 at 09:31 AM.

Deleted
    Hello yello!

Best Haste for SP is 31.25% and to reach that u pretty much need lock haste buff so aim on that and you get extra tick for VT+DP. IF you cant get lock buff or just cant get enought Haste then you need 30% to get extra tick for VT (DP is 31.25%) IF you cant get 30% then aim for only 25% because then you get extra tick for ur SWP.

I think you cant do much more DPS if you are not raid buffed with that gear. SP pretty much need all possible buffs nowdays. I do abit over 20k+ in 10 men fireland bosses.

and yeah you MUST be hit capped if you go raids (17%) but actually 16.50% is enought.

+++ ofc if you dont raid and only do HC dungeons you can just lack hit alot! Just make sure you can hit Hc bosses lvl 87.
    Last edited by mmoc0cb1da6f4e; 2011-07-22 at 09:52 AM.

Deleted
    Firstly, you want as much Haste as you can get. Also, you don't need to reach Hit cap, you want to aim to be a little under it.
    If that's the gear you PvE in, then 12k sounds about right. 12k is fine for a normal mode T11 Raid, and since that's without Shadowfiend, Archangel and Raid buffs (especially BL) you'll probably end up pulling quite a bit more, depending on the fight.

How is your crit like as shadow? It affects you quite abit so if its way lower than your haste values then there is an unbalance. As your in pvp gear I cant really see if you have gemmed and reforged correctly.

I rule of thumb though. Dont go OVER the hit cap. Its not worth it. Rather be slightly under than slightly over as its a waste of stats

The reforge rules are pretty simple after you get hit capped.

if it has haste and crit leave it as it is
    if it has haste and mastery, reforge mastery to crit
    if it has crit and mastery, reforge mastery to haste
    Last edited by Sangomah; 2011-07-22 at 09:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangomah View Post
    How is your crit like as shadow? It affects you quite abit so if its way lower than your haste values then there is an unbalance. As your in pvp gear I cant really see if you have gemmed and reforged correctly.

I rule of thumb though. Dont go OVER the hit cap. Its not worth it. Rather be slightly under than slightly over as its a waste of stats

The reforge rules are pretty simple after you get hit capped.

if it has haste and crit leave it as it is
    if it has haste and mastery, reforge mastery to crit
    if it has crit and mastery, reforge mastery to crit
    You mean if it has crit and mastery, reforge mastery to haste right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ductape View Post
    haha yes sorry bout that

edit: fixed it lol <.<

Im doing 12K in holy gear with shadow spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ductape View Post
    thats right, he had zg/za gear and some t11 before his gear updated to pvp one..

---------- Post added 2011-07-22 at 01:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
    Im doing 12K in holy gear with shadow spec.
    yeah its np to use holy gear just reforge haste there..

My shadow priest got full 359 (no 365 yet as I play ele shammy for the buffs it brings right now) did 20-22k dps when I was still playing it as a main in bwd/bot 10 man. I don't remember my exact stats right now but for full 353 on a heroic dummy it seems fine to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsod View Post
    Hey there, welcome to the forums.

Make sure to read the original post before commenting next time. He said on a dummy. This means he has NO raid buffs.
    If he does 12k now, with raid buffs it would easily get up to 16-17k (depending on group setup ofc), not to mention that if you are talking about the T11 nerfs: welcome to 4.2- where blizzard nerfed bosses with 20%!

To Kreuz: 12k on a dummy is more then fine. If you'd do an instance, you're mostlikely receiving atleast the 15% dungeon boost/5% int buff and often a mage buff (lock or mage). With Archangel popped on boss you could if all goes well maybe hit 20k.

Only thing I couldn't find is your hit rating tho ;-).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangomah View Post
    My shadow priest got full 359 (no 365 yet as I play ele shammy for the buffs it brings right now) did 20-22k dps when I was still playing it as a main in bwd/bot 10 man. I don't remember my exact stats right now but for full 353 on a heroic dummy it seems fine to me
    that was before shadow dots get nerfed and you could multi dot..and you might see that dps at bot first boss because of boss debuff. Like I did on that same boss 38k...i dont think you could do that at single target boss.

Deleted
    i strangely always thought mastery was better than crit, so you guys are saying that i technically need more crit than mastery? My dps is at a bit of a low atm, i'm not sure whats the main issue in fairness.