Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Try to get two parties of 5 in the raid at one time, if you would be so kind. I can't, since I'm technically at work right now. But, I'll try to later if nobody is able to either.
    How would you go about doing this? Since the flexible lockout system was introduced, players with the same save don't end up in the same raid if in different groups.

I would personally bring a group of 3 into said raid. Change to party, one drops and invites RID Friends, other two invite RID Friends...

On second thought, that may not be possible if the guy who drops gets booted 1 min later for not being in the same group. Oh well, worth a shot.

you can only be 5 persons, Tested it in all ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    This would indeed be an exploit, but a very useful one at that.

How's loot work? In different aspects, like group vs. Master vs. Need before greed? thank you for doing this research, I am very intrigued by this possibility.

Afaik loot works normaly as long as its not on masterlooter, We didnt try.

Quote Originally Posted by cekz View Post
    Firstly you wouldn't get banned. and it does work because I did this as well
    Seems like an awfully big assertion for someone who isn't working for Blizzard. If they wanted you to be able to invite Real ID friends to a raid, they would have allowed the simple functionality of converting to raid after you've invited them to a party. They didn't add this simple functionality, which is all I need to prove to me that what the OP is suggesting is not intended.

Purposefully circumventing restrictions put into place by Blizzard/knowingly utilizing a bugged mechanic is grounds for suspension. If it wasn't, they wouldn't have banned Ensidia for 3 days and taken away their achievement for world first Lich King normal when they bugged the fight out by using Saronite Bombs.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-07-22 at 09:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    If they wanted you to be able to invite Real ID friends to a raid, they would have allowed the simple functionality of converting to raid after you've invited them to a party.
    Another possibility is that they haven't yet implemented the code to provide cross-realm raid groups, and so disabled the ability to convert to a raid. The dungeon finder could already support cross-realm parties before the real ID feature was released, whereas raid groups have added complexities such as assistant leaders etc.

Thing is, Why can we enter the raid then?.

Deleted
    Convert Raid to Party? Lol, never knew such thing was possible

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelo View Post
    Another possibility is that they haven't yet implemented the code to provide cross-realm raid groups, and so disabled the ability to convert to a raid. The dungeon finder could already support cross-realm parties before the real ID feature was released, whereas raid groups have added complexities such as assistant leaders etc.
    That's like saying BG's already support cross-realm raid groups before the real ID feature was released. Technically the functionality is already there, it just hasn't been implemented.

I'm fairly certain that isn't the case, I've never heard it called anything other than the "Real ID Party Feature". And here's an excerpt from the blue post:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    This new feature will allow World of Warcraft players to invite their real-life Real ID friends of the same faction to a party regardless of the realm they play on, and then queue up for a 5-player regular or Heroic dungeon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drakolatter View Post
    That's like saying BG's already support cross-realm raid groups before the real ID feature was released. Technically the functionality is already there, it just hasn't been implemented.
    Aye I get your point, but afaik the battleground raid groups work differently to normal raid groups *shrug* It's all guesswork

Edit in response to nwn: You're still technically in a party whilst in the raid instance, although the "5-player regular or Heroic dungeon" phrasing does backup your point pretty well.

Edit 2: Actually the sentence is referring to queuing for 5man dungeons, so perhaps it's not referring to 5man "raids" as you can't actually queue for those (they didn't mention the "walk-in" dungeon part of the feature in that blue post).
    Last edited by mmoc2e27bb62e7; 2011-07-22 at 09:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye I get your point, but afaik the battleground raid groups work differently to normal raid groups *shrug* It's all guesswork
    The do work differently, but I mean even if it's working differently its really the same functionality just coded in a different way.

You won't get banned. The reason Real ID party is put into beta testing is so that players can test (or exploit) the system. This way, they can patch the system before the actual 'release'. But if Resentful is successful in notifying a GM, it will get patched instantly if this was not intended.

1) You can't mass summon someone from another realm, they have to physically zone in.
    2) Raid instances might be bound to a realm. They won't be able to physically zone in.
    These are the only two problems I forsee in your plan.

TL;DR Use it as much as you want until it gets patched.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Try to get two parties of 5 in the raid at one time, if you would be so kind. I can't, since I'm technically at work right now. But, I'll try to later if nobody is able to either.
    It may kick out the people that aren't in the group of the original owner of that instance

---------- Post added 2011-07-22 at 08:40 PM ----------

Doesn't work.
    I just did the following steps.

Invite someone from my realm to a group.
    Convert to Raid.
    Go inside raid instance (I chose black temple)
    Convert to party. /run ConvertToParty()
    Invite realid friend from another realm
    I kicked the local person
    Mass summon.

My friend never got the summon. Can't do it again for 2 hours. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    its obviously clever use of in-game mechanics

but you might just want to get a second opinion from players of Ensidia.

this is kinda funny u can do old 5m raids with ur friends. err.. i mean older instances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Darkside of the rock, at the bottom of your garden

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Craakar View Post
    Convert Raid to Party? Lol, never knew such thing was possible
    same :/

still the day is never wasted if you learn something new !

on topic- seems a good way for you and your friends to enjoy the old skool stuff :P

and if you get slapped by a GM, well ... ouch

I think if blizz was smart enough this would be part of the feature that they'll be making people pay for. Being able to raid with friends on other servers would make it worth it, but just being limited to 5 mans is pretty lame.