Poll: Favourite Final Fantasy

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    6=7=8=10=12>5>4>1>3>2

Basically a big copout of the decision, but whatever. Never played 9, 11, 14, and not including spinoffs because its like apples to oranges.

6 had the best story and characters, 7 was the most well wounded, 8 had Triple Triad and used the Sci-Fi setting the best, 10 had the best presentation, and 12 had by far the best world and battle system for me. If you could somehow combine all of these, I would never play any other games again. I fanatically love Final Fantasy. Yes, even Mystic Quest.

My favorite was actually 12. It felt more like an RPG then any of the latest ones (7 and onward). Loved how combat was avoidable instead of taking 2 steps screens starts blinking you sighin cause this is the 4th battle and you've barely made it across a bridge or something.

my faves go 8>10>9>6>tactics>Crystal Chronicles>...........................>7>12>13

first lot are amazing, 7 12 and 13 are the biggest pieces of shit in the genre.

The good ones:
    4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 5

The meh ones:
    1, 3

The bad ones I've never even managed to finish:
    2, 8

I'm so nostalgic for VI it's not even funny, but X was just incredibly beautiful so I voted for X. The playstation-era games are pretty much equal in my mind. IV and V are a step below.

For me the order is:
    8-7-10-tactics-6-9-12 (i didn't play the others).
    8 is still my favorite, prolly becouse it was also the first that i really played from start to end. the story and the amazing new cg movies did the job for me .
    7 is just behind the 8, great story and a lovely gameplay. the other tbh were just "meh" for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    sugoi monogatari, onii-chan!~

FF7. I've played 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 10-2. but I just admire the way 7 was made and all its little intricacies (like lucky 7s and the way materia could stack).

all the hype and fanboyism about FF7 is not what did it for me though. FF7 was my first real PC game (didn't have a playstation at the time) and it introduced me to the entire final fantasy series. it the first one I played and still retains that wow factor.

I would choose Tactics, but since it is not part of the poll I would have to choose FF6.

FF7 and 13 I cant wait for the new one RAWR

Ending it is all I fucking think about, that's the shit I think about
    All alone, bawling 'til my mothafuckin' eyes bleed

ff 8 was deffinately my favorite, Liked all the characters and gameplay was very challenging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tactics hands down, I don't care if it isn't in the poll.
    And now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Final Fantasy Tactics.
    /thread

For me it'd probably be 6 or 7. They bothy had really enjoyable stories and a cast of characters that shine even today. Crisis core added alot to the story of FF7, I just didn't like the Kingdom hearts style gameplay too much.

FF4 would come close after that. I am really enjoying the psp version atm actually. One of those times when graphical updates can make an old gem more enjoyable.

The thing about FF games is that they try something different with each title. It goes well sometimes (6, 7, 9 are ones I saw mentioned here a few times) and other times no so well (8, X-2, 12, 13 spring to mind) but overall they can still be enjoyable if not just to the new mechanics that they introduce, so it's not just the same thing each time like you often see in some other RPG series' (Like the Breath of Fire series. Fun, but they dont change much with each title)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    I wish Blizzard would realize that adding features designed to achieve convenience for players in turn make this game more of a job

VII,VI,X. But I like them all except VIII and X-2.

Any before 8 really, didn't care for 8 or 9. 10 was ok, I'll make an exception to it, but 12 and onward never liked their battle systems.

Deleted
    Im surprised no one has mentioned Dirge of Cerberus yet, i found that to be quite decent.

Deleted
    Personal favourite is FFX simply because the story is amazing, its actually quite complicated and deep about dream zanarkand and stuff etc.

The only FF game I have played was the new one (13 I think)

sadface
    Hi Sephurik