Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think it would be great idea to implement such achievement to reduce wow-inflation significantly. At the moment the only way to 'exclude' some money from internal turnover is Sand Drake (you are spending money to vendor mats, so they are 'wasted' and not coming back). According to current AH prices for new weapons and FL loot, average cash player owns is like 200-300k - and it will grow up while doing FL dailies. So I am sure 'Millionaire'-achievement would lower prices twice and let them grow not that fast.

It would be good idea to get this title for 1 milion total gold accuired. Wouldnt be logic to make people not spend gold to save for the achievement.

What most of you seem to be forgetting is that many other achievements can also be cheated by a close group of friends just as easily as this

10+ Year Old Account
    having that title is a big 'come hack me' message imo :P
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Deleted
    omg...i made 49k in 1 month...but over 700?!?! auction house auction house

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeer View Post
    omg...i made 49k in 1 month...but over 700?!?! auction house auction house
    The golds easy if you dominate a couple of markets. I think at my prime it was 70% of inscription, 30% of enchantments, 30% of gems being bought off of AH were mine. Easy 30k+ a day . But took so much work (3-4 hours) to maintain it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be easy to cheat your way to get this.

That title would be a big "Hey guys, hack me" sign, as mentioned

Deleted
    I don't want people to know how much money I have. Like in real life, it's a private matter. The achievement flashing in the guild chat and being displayed in the armory profile would tell everyone how wealthy I exactly was.

Deleted
    Totally agree with aboth post. I dont want random people /w me asking to have some gold.

it would be a cool title but you'd never be able to wear it round town. just imagine the number of "gold", "gold plz", "gold plox", "give gold" etc messages you would get

I'd prefer something like Tycoon for making a million Total off Auctions. Walking around with "I haz 1m gold in mai bagz" over your head would probably attract all the beggars and hackers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

it's a good idea, but i dont think that rewarding it for HAVING 1million is right. i mean, as someone said, its a hack me/ask for gold sign.
    but for SPENDING 1 million, now that another story, and its also available to those who dont find gold making a fun thing to do

Why are you posting this suggestion on MMO? Shouldn't this be on the WoW forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Weed View Post
    Or you could just buy the title for 1000000 gold, similar to the "of the Shattered Sun" one. Of course it may seem expensive, but if you are truly Millionaire you will make that gold back again
    Yeah, then the next achievement pop up require you to do this another 999 times to get your "Billonaire" title

It's a good idea I personally would prefer it if you got the achievement from the total gold acquired statistic. Then it wouldn't be a "hack me sign" / a reason for people to be begging ect.

Cool idea.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbuddt View Post
    Hehe the statistics bugs after a certain amount. I been in the negative #s for quite a while.
    it bugs after 246k (and some silver/copper). it has probably to do with the datatype not being upgraded and still being some signed 32 bit integer in stead of unsigned (as you are not supposed to be able to get negative). The reason why i know ... it turned negative above 264k (i had 300k+).

and millionare ... most people would call you ebay-er i'm afraid. Some people view making a huge amount of gold "dirty" or "no lifer" actions.

ps signed means you can store negative and positive numbers, unsigned means you can only store postive numbers. Because you dont store the negative's you have more room for positive numbers with the UNsigned variation.
    max unsigned: 4294967296 and max signed: 2147483648 and lowest value -2147483647. the 2147483648 translates to:
    214748gold.36silver.48copper -> there you got your max 214748 gold pre cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbuddt View Post
    Hehe the statistics bugs after a certain amount. I been in the negative #s for quite a while.
    Ya, the number is stored in a 32bit integer (like the old gold system), so once you reach just over 214k it flips to a negative number (since negative was never set up, it displays as -2^31 copper). The number counts down (well, up) until you reach the old gold cap again, at which point it's 0 and begins to count up again. Back in Wrath my primary auction toon looped it like 3 times.. I honestly have no idea how many times he's looped it now lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it...but they'd have to fix holes in it (trading between friends for instant access to said title)

Quote Originally Posted by tanjian View Post
    it bugs after 246k (and some silver/copper). it has probably to do with the datatype not being upgraded and still being some signed 32 bit integer in stead of unsigned (as you are not supposed to be able to get negative). The reason why i know ... it turned negative above 264k (i had 300k+).
    This was fixed quite recently, it used to go to a negative amount once you went over the old gold cap, but now it happily displays the correct amount.