Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    07/30: Added snippet about T12 2pc
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Mazi, mazi, loving your work, on everything. One part that I've been mulling over a bit though is this:
    Is the 12.5% necessary? No. Should you reach for it? Yes, simply because it is so easy to hit, even if you choose to fully stack Mastery - if nothing else simply for the HoH and DH ticks.
    I mean, the tick thresholds aren't that awesome, on those spells especially. Divine Hymn (at least in its current incarnation), as a prime example, is lower output than healing without it, but the people that recieve ticks get the +healing. However, that doesn't drop off when you stop channeling. So haste between thresholds would have you getting the same effect in a much shorter time, allowing you to cast sooner.

The same goes for Hymn of Hope, though to a lesser extent. More mana is good. Keeping yourself planted to the ground doing 0 healing, while you hope to be targetted by an extra tick... not so good.

I don't really see thresholds coming into play, but I love, love, love, love, LOVE everything you put together. (Haven't had the chance to say that since this went up. <3 !)
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-07-30 at 11:02 AM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Thank you for this. ^_^
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Mazi, mazi, loving your work, on everything. One part that I've been mulling over a bit though is this:

I mean, the tick thresholds aren't that awesome, on those spells especially. Divine Hymn (at least in its current incarnation), as a prime example, is lower output than healing without it, but the people that recieve ticks get the +healing. However, that doesn't drop off when you stop channeling. So haste between thresholds would have you getting the same effect in a much shorter time, allowing you to cast sooner.

The same goes for Hymn of Hope, though to a lesser extent. More mana is good. Keeping yourself planted to the ground doing 0 healing, while you hope to be targetted by an extra tick... not so good.

I don't really see thresholds coming into play, but I love, love, love, love, LOVE everything you put together. (Haven't had the chance to say that since this went up. <3 !)
    I know what you're saying - I had a hard time implementing that stupid 12.5% because as you know, we all really hate it. How would you suggest I go about wording this? I mean, it is ridiculously easy to hit and I did say that you don't have to hit it. Hmmm..

And thank you very very much

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Thank you for this. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post

I know what you're saying - I had a hard time implementing that stupid 12.5% because as you know, we all really hate it. How would you suggest I go about wording this? I mean, it is ridiculously easy to hit and I did say that you don't have to hit it. Hmmm..
    Personally, I'd just say "12.5% has a negative effect on these spells" and follow through with one of your "Wait, what?!" sub-titles, bringing up why, so hopefully we can put this corpse to rest.

And you're welcome! <3
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-07-30 at 05:48 PM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just giving my kudos to this thread, I play disc atm but it gave me a very interesting read. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great guide! From what I understand you very rarely use Heal in raids, but FHeal is the heal of choice, or GHeal on Sere stacks. Guess that was where it was going wrong with me.
    Warlock (SL main)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    Great guide! From what I understand you very rarely use Heal in raids, but FHeal is the heal of choice, or GHeal on Sere stacks. Guess that was where it was going wrong with me.
    Heal is an excellent filler spell, mana neutral, and with the changes to crit it can easily heal for 20k

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but it drops your HPS doesnt it?

Plus when I try healing with heal some druid of pally always beats me to it.
    Warlock (SL main)

10+ Year Old Account
    HPS doesnt really matter, though sure, you could be getting outsniped. At any rate it's mana neutral, so you don't lose anything.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    HPS doesnt really matter, though sure, you could be getting outsniped. At any rate it's mana neutral, so you don't lose anything.
    The spell costs mana. I know what you mean with it being mana neutral but you still lose mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    The spell costs mana. I know what you mean with it being mana neutral but you still lose mana.
    As long as you have a few epics it essentially costs no mana because you regen the mana you spend on it while you're casting it. The only negative is that you don't actually gain that mana that you were regenning at that time because you spent some of it and therefore cannot spend it on other spells later.... if that makes sense

15+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention, at least for me, casting Heal continuously allows me a chance to get a SoL proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Not to mention, at least for me, casting Heal continuously allows me a chance to get a SoL proc.
    This.

If there's ever any lull in the damage, I'm casting Heals on the tank for SoL procs, extra healing, and even a bit of mastery HoTs.

15+ Year Old Account

Personally I find Inspiration to be a waste of 2 pts in a 25 man setting. Very very rarely do I ever find myself healing a tank as Holy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough, I raid 10m though.

With a Holy Paladin and Resto Druid.

In that case it is probably useful :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Very happy you take your time to help others, thanks for the guide.

I am so happy you posted this! While I feel I have a good handle on Priestlyness, it's always nice to be reassured, as well as to have a few things pointed out that maybe I hadn't thought of. Very appreciative of this post