Thread: Ff7 pc help!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicalOtaku View Post
    Welp, if you still have the disks, and you have adequate hardware, just get ePSXe and play it on your computer. Better sound quality than the PC game too IMO.
    There was actually a copy some guy remastered for PC. Everything was redone and made into HD. Looked pretty damn good

google and download the patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    another thing if I remember right ff7 came out in the directx 3-5 transition and alot of games programmed for dx3 have problems loading on a system running anything higher

FF7-9 are on the PSN if you have a PS3 or PSP

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    There was actually a copy some guy remastered for PC. Everything was redone and made into HD. Looked pretty damn good

You mean this? It's done with a series of mods. Pretty sure it's not just one individual who created them, but there are people who have assembled different configurations of them.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Those break? I've had my slim ps2 for like...6 years or something and it has yet to give me an issue. Sony and Nintendo make solid consoles, I've never had one break on me.
    I still have PS1 from the very first batch ever released in Finland and it works wonderfully.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Lythria31 View Post
    I tried a few different downloads and none of them worked. Probably better just to get a PS for like $20 and rebuy the game for $9.99

---------- Post added 2011-07-24 at 12:19 PM ----------

How ROFL. I went through 9 different ones b//t PS1 and PS2. Those things broke all the time. On the other hand I still have my original X-Box 360 and many a drunken night I can home, tripped over the power cord and knocked it to the ground and it still works fine.
    I still have my original (when they came out) PS1 & PS2, also the updated PS1 and PS2 slim... they all work

Good luck finding a PSx for $20

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenaros View Post
    I feel your pain, I go through my FF7 phase every year or so. I tried and tried to get the PC version to work for me too (XP and Vista) but nothing would work. So I bought a PSone and the game off ebay for £15, well worth it. No software pains with a classic console

Don't give in to temptation and download a torrent for it or anything, I did it 3 times and all were riddled with viruses I couldn't detect and only 1 installed (but didn't work).
    Then you must have used a bad torrent site. The more reputable ones don't have any viruses in them. Getting a PS1 is better though, unless you have a usb controller. Playing with keyboard is not as fun.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I went through 3 PS and one ps1 and 3 playstation 2s. And gone through about 4 copies of the game but man do love it

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

I tried every single patch and none of them worked for me. The only solution for my black screen crashes was a custom graphic driver based on OpenGL, which solved every video issue in-game.

Download link and instructions:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8306.msg152402#msg152402

H
    ope it helps.

I assume this is proboloy running on DOS, but i might be wrong, your best bet would to be get a emulator and get the Rom for the game, since you will have better luck using that than getting a game from windows 2000 or 95 to work on modern day OS's. And no its not illegal if you own the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythria31 View Post
    Have fun receiving a non-operational PS1

Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    I assume this is proboloy running on DOS, but i might be wrong, your best bet would to be get a emulator and get the Rom for the game, since you will have better luck using that than getting a game from windows 2000 or 95 to work on modern day OS's. And no its not illegal if you own the game.
    It was released on 1998 so one can be 99% certain that it's not a DOS game anymore.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Problem Solved!

Managed to get my hands on a first edition PS3 from the launch in sweden for 100euros that i compatible with ps1+2 games and i can play the new FF aswell if i wish!

damn FF7 has taken my soul and made me spend money on other stuff just to be able to play it....now to get a walkthrough in book form! :>

<3 Tifa

10+ Year Old Account
    Like others have mentioned you can emulate it. If you got the ultima edition (pc version) and its not working (asssuming you're on vista or 7) boot up Xp via a virtual machine.

Now thats sorted.

Time to get a snes and a new copy of Chronotrigger :>

Quote Originally Posted by Pelister View Post
    Problem Solved!

Managed to get my hands on a first edition PS3 from the launch in sweden for 100euros that i compatible with ps1+2 games and i can play the new FF aswell if i wish!
    You do realize all PS3's can play PS1 games regardless of the edition... I do it all the time on the one i bought after they removed PS2 compatability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney View Post
    Don't you know the meaning of life?
    Get born.
    Play WoW.
    Snort crack.
    Fuck bitches.
    Die.

Quote Originally Posted by nalvaudi View Post
    You do realize all PS3's can play PS1 games regardless of the edition... I do it all the time on the one i bought after they removed PS2 compatability.
    really?

In sweden those consoles that came after the first shipment were excluded from that, atleast thats what i hear from every single person i know. :>

i bought FFVII Platinum edition (should work on PS1,2 and 3) earlier this year, completed it 3 times during my younger days but my CD3 was lost so i bought a new set

Deleted
    Get the playstation versions, use an emulator instead. those may make it work on the vista/7 instead of going pc version