Few Questions on Demo

If your raid doesn't have the spellpower buff is Demo the way to go point blank? And if the raid does its more personal preference?

Wanting to try out Demo can anyone let me know what the EJ opener would "so to speak"

Other questions would be, should you pop Doomguard after Meta? Do Dots take the 40% more dmg buff from Meta?

Thanks alot, pretty pro at Affliction I feel...trying to get use to Demo...

Depends what size the raid is, how many casters benefit and do you get 6% buff or not.

Im only going to answer part of your post, cos I've just got out of bed and don't want to give bad info for the rest.

If your raid doesn't have the 10% buff then going demo is the best for the raid, even more so if it's 25 man. The percieved 'loss' going demo from either aff or *shudder* destro is now not a valid concern, unless you have nextt o no mastery on gear and reforged for haste or soemthing like that.

As for Doomguards, pop it when you have your orc racial (if orc), volcanic pot, any int/mastery procs up all at once, THEN pop it. The doomguard takes a snapshot of your stats when you summon it, so you want it to be as pimped up as possible. It will not benifit from lust/heroisim and haste that is not on your gear will not boost it's cast speed (moonkin aura/shammy totem and I think DI's haste, not sure about the damage buff, I doubt it though, not really looked into it.)

Hope this helped a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoiledkid View Post
    Depends what size the raid is, how many casters benefit and do you get 6% buff or not.
    I'm raiding 25man

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 08:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea View Post
    Im only going to answer part of your post, cos I've just got out of bed and don't want to give bad info for the rest.

If your raid doesn't have the 10% buff then going demo is the best for the raid, even more so if it's 25 man. The percieved 'loss' going demo from either aff or *shudder* destro is now not a valid concern, unless you have nextt o no mastery on gear and reforged for haste or soemthing like that.

As for Doomguards, pop it when you have your orc racial (if orc), volcanic pot, any int/mastery procs up all at once, THEN pop it. The doomguard takes a snapshot of your stats when you summon it, so you want it to be as pimped up as possible. It will not benifit from lust/heroisim and haste that is not on your gear will not boost it's cast speed (moonkin aura/shammy totem and I think DI's haste, not sure about the damage buff, I doubt it though, not really looked into it.)

Hope this helped a little.
    Okay so basically Meta does nothing for Doomguard...pop it just like affliction when I have the most trinket/procs going....

So Meta only snapshots Mastery...so having a mastery trinket up before popping that is what accounts for the shit load of extra dmg your Pet will do during meta then?

10+ Year Old Account
    So Meta only snapshots Mastery...so having a mastery trinket up before popping that is what accounts for the shit load of extra dmg your Pet will do during meta then?
    Yes. My DG is doing over 10k dps in 5 man heroics. It's obscene.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Yes. My DG is doing over 10k dps in 5 man heroics. It's obscene.
    Well DG you mean Doomguard the 10min CD? does he also benefit so trinkets meta then pop it?

For maximum dps for doomguard as demo, pop it during Meta, no other time, it benefits from mastery and will hit like a truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hejoro View Post
    For maximum dps for doomguard as demo, pop it during Meta, no other time, it benefits from mastery and will hit like a truck.
    Okay so it benefits from "Master Demonologist which increases your pets dmg while in demon form" and it snapshots all your sp stats and such...

I mean popping Meta doesn't increase your Mastery it just takes your current mastery snapshot and increases your current demons dmg right?

Correct
    10 chars

Gotcha, so just in general I'm wondering what your perfect opener is and such? Is this pet swapping really necessary and what makes the Felguards DS so much better than Felhunter?

And is Demo gimped on multi target fights like Shannox or is it still competitive and or better without a 10% SP buff?

you should take the +10% SP buff talent anyway, you get _at least_ 2% spell damage and it's only 1 point in a tree with lots of optional talents to pick up
    My guild <Rollin Deep> - See one of these guys? Run. Else you will die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotcha, so just in general I'm wondering what your perfect opener is and such? Is this pet swapping really necessary and what makes the Felguards DS so much better than Felhunter?
    Personally my opener is as follows:

Prepot -> CoElements -> BoDoom -> Felstorm -> Demon Soul -> Blood Fury -> Meta -> Immolate -> Hand of Guldan -> Corruption -> Immo Aura -> Shadowflame -> Soulburn: Felhunter

With both Trinkets + Power Torrent + Blood Fury + Potion all active I refresh Bane of Doom (preferably before the 1st tick) and summon Doomguard.

In my gear this bursts me up to between 40k and 52k DPS on a fight like Chimaeron 10HC, dropping down to ~38k once Meta fades and then evening out at ~28-30k once the Doomguard expires.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishamyyl View Post
    you should take the +10% SP buff talent anyway, you get _at least_ 2% spell damage and it's only 1 point in a tree with lots of optional talents to pick up
    Its not a talent choice...i main spec affliction atm...

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 10:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Frewt View Post
    Personally my opener is as follows:

Prepot -> CoElements -> BoDoom -> Felstorm -> Demon Soul -> Blood Fury -> Meta -> Immolate -> Hand of Guldan -> Corruption -> Immo Aura -> Shadowflame -> Soulburn: Felhunter

With both Trinkets + Power Torrent + Blood Fury + Potion all active I refresh Bane of Doom (preferably before the 1st tick) and summon Doomguard.

In my gear this bursts me up to between 40k and 52k DPS on a fight like Chimaeron 10HC, dropping down to ~38k once Meta fades and then evening out at ~28-30k once the Doomguard expires.
    With mutli target fights like shannox and alysrazor can Demo keep up with Afflictions multi dot or?

No demo can't keep up with multi dotting of an aff lock, however their single target DPS is as competative and the different pets you can use brings utility ( felguard for spiderlings and grouped spinners if you use a feral to aoe taunt and pretend to tank spiderlings or whatever, we don't but some people do).

Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea View Post
    No demo can't keep up with multi dotting of an aff lock, however their single target DPS is as competative and the different pets you can use brings utility ( felguard for spiderlings and grouped spinners if you use a feral to aoe taunt and pretend to tank spiderlings or whatever, we don't but some people do).
    Hmmn, well I mean really sucks then that you can't easily go back and forth between AFF and Demo then because I mean I'd have to reforge to mastery for Demo but then when I get to a multi target fight I'm alil gimped cause of the mastery...Affliction is prob still better all around if Demo isn't like loads ahead for single target...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hejoro View Post
    Metamorphosis has jack shit to do with Doomguard damage. Mastery bonus damage to pets is passive and is in no way related to Meta. You just pop DG whenever you have most sp/int/rating procs up. Normally shortly (in ~10-15secs from pull) after the pull where all the procs line up nicely with prepot. About Meta and how if the scaling with Mastery is dynamic or not I don't know. I've always thought it simply takes snapshot of your mastery when you pop it but reading this have gave me reason for doubt. Gotta test whenever I happen to get reliable mastery use/proc trinket.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people