Questioning to go holy or disc

Hey. So i just hit 85 on my priest and i am wondering if i should go disc or holy.. I see disc priests toping all holy priests on WoL. So, are in general disc priests better?

Deleted
    They have cooldowns that Holy doesnt have. It depends mostly on what you intend to do on your priest. Don't let WOL affect your decision.

Well, i just want to heal.. the way my guild does it is that we don't have tank / raid heals.. the healers just have good chemistry and all do every job.. so "what" intend to do on my priest is aoe heal and single target heal

Deleted
    Spec both, switch depending on the fight.

Currently have disc/disch specc and tbh i love it. Was holy in TBC and disc/holy in WotLK and i have to say disc never has been so much fun. You actually have to think about what you're instead of just "spam PW:S hard!!!". As disc you can tank and raid heal without problems, but disc is in no way better than holy it's just different. Just try both out in dungeons/T11 raids and you'll see what works best for you.

Alright. Well, in firelands, does disc do better in some fights and holy in others?

Quote Originally Posted by Ipawnu View Post
    Alright. Well, in firelands, does disc do better in some fights and holy in others?
    Negative. Disc is pretty much better in all fights in the firelands. That said, it is not by a huge margin (except on Baleroc, where it really is by a huge margin). The major difference is in longevity and the extra cooldown. Holypriests have to hold back a little more, and the cooldown is sorely missed.

But beyond that, go with what you enjoy the most. For me at least, that continues to be Holy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ipawnu View Post
    Hey. So i just hit 85 on my priest and i am wondering if i should go disc or holy.. I see disc priests toping all holy priests on WoL. So, are in general disc priests better?
    checked wol normal (since you 'just hit' aint gonna bother with talking about heroic modes atm) modes and its not all that correct.
    from what i see on 10man, holy priest is top priest on 10man baeth'tilac, alysrazor, majordomo and rag. on 25man normal modes theres at least one holy priest doing all disc priests on every fight but baleroc and shannox.

having said that, those numbers are quite meaningless, if you want pure numbers, reroll druid. healing as holy and as discipline differs by a lot, both are perfectly viable and both provide different things to raids. its more a matter of personal choice and deciding playing which specs suits you better, maybe seeing what your raid setup is and from what your raid would benefit more, than anything else.
    there is no general rule for any tree being better than the other.