Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop View Post
    Yea, I saw that in the trailer as well, too bad those scenes never lasted for more than 5 minutes.
    Generally those types of movies are better of they have half a decent storyline to piece the weird setting changes together.
    This "movie" was a travesty.
    I used the pause function to extend those scenes
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop View Post
    Yea, I saw that in the trailer as well, too bad those scenes never lasted for more than 5 minutes.
    Generally those types of movies are better of they have half a decent storyline to piece the weird setting changes together.
    This "movie" was a travesty.
    What? I found the action to last quite a good while.

Also, few movies these days aren't an "abortion to the film world". Transformers 3 was awful but look how much it made.

I would 100% for sure rather watch Sucker Punch than Transformers again.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I didn't think it was important to specify it.
    Lol no1 care bout some pixels animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Furkel View Post
    Well, some of us see a slight distinction between "CGI non-existant firebreathing monster babies" and just plain old "babies"... or maybe it's just me.
    Dragons are not monsters... Sure, red dragons are primarily evil but still.
    That dragon wasn't older then 10 years at most. It's still very young at that point essentially still a wyrmling.
    That's about 2494 years it was deprived of (given the average twilight time of a red).
    *2490 years.. Sorry I was assuming it was 6 above but I said 10 so this is to clarify. Twilight for reds is 2500 years.
    Last edited by Xenryusho; 2011-07-24 at 12:39 PM.

Deleted
    I found the movie boring, the special effects wer ok...but the story was horrible. I'd rather had seen the stupid dances that use such crappy directed fight scenes. (I was also confused as since they tried to make the main character look hot...but I didn't find her that hot tbh)

I was very dissapointed after the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    Yeah! I thought for a moment that I had a German or Australian copy of the movie :S
    Its very rare for Australian movies to be censored and or banned. Its a different story for games though. Which is also being changed finally. Anyways i don't remember the scene

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    That dragon wasn't older then 10 years at most. It's still very young at that point essentially still a wyrmling.
    That's about 2494 years it was deprived of (given the average twilight time of a red).
    *2490 years.. Sorry I was assuming it was 6 above but I said 10 so this is to clarify. Twilight for reds is 2500 years.
    Dragons are not monsters?? wut? Giant fire breathing creature that destroy towns and eat people....ya totally not a monster and a plain human. Plus, Dragons ARE NOT real, dont try to act all smart and say how long a dragon lives because...they DONT exist so your argument is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    Dragons are not monsters?? wut? Giant fire breathing creature that destroy towns and eat people....ya totally not a monster and a plain human. Plus, Dragons ARE NOT real, dont try to act all smart and say how long a dragon lives because...they DONT exist so your argument is invalid.
    Dragons are not monsters. Are deer monsters? Are alligators? How about marilyn manson? He breaths fire and eats people... So it obviously isn't enough to say somethings a monster because it breaths fire and eats people.
    Besides the only ones that destroy towns and eat people are the Reds, Blues, Blacks, Greens, and Whites.

What the hell? You're making up when a dragon, a fake fire breathing giant lizard that eats people and destroys homes, lives and dies? Also, in the world of warcraft red dragons are the good guys. It's a movie. Go watch Drag Me to Hell, the girl kills a cat, then go write to FEMA about something that might actually have a case. This is the most absurd thing I've ever seen.

Deleted
    Dragons are not monsters. Are deer monsters? Are alligators? How about marilyn manson? He breaths fire and eats people... So it obviously isn't enough to say somethings a monster because it breaths fire and eats people.
    Besides the only ones that destroy towns and eat people are the Reds, Blues, Blacks, Greens, and Whites.
    mon·ster
    –noun

a legendary animal combining features of animal and humanform or having the forms of various animals in combination, asa centaur, griffin, or sphinx.

2.any creature so ugly or monstrous as to frighten people.

3.any animal or human grotesquely deviating from the normalshape, behavior, or character.

I'm sorry, but a dragon fits the word monster pretty well. Don't bring up arguments about humans that can be monsters as that is not what we are talking about. We wer talking about a dragon being a monster, any other creature used for you're arguments are invalid.

10+ Year Old Account
    And now, I may have actually seen everything...

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    I used the pause function to extend those scenes
    I got suckered into watching it in the theater....

.... I JUST REALIZED WHAT THE MOVIE TITLE MEANS O_O

15+ Year Old Account
    It was, different, good movie, I was just more upset about how they just stuck with a bad cut of the movie to make it PG-13 instead of going with R and making a pretty good movie.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG3xECfUrzM
    ^ That scene shouldn't of been cut, it really explains the whole movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    It was, different, good movie, I was just more upset about how they just stuck with a bad cut of the movie to make it PG-13 instead of going with R and making a pretty good movie.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG3xECfUrzM
    ^ That scene shouldn't of been cut, it really explains the whole movie.
    I watched it on Blue Ray for the first time. I never saw it in the theaters. So it was an extended cut and that scene was included.

/shrug I thought the movie wasn't all that bad. I enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    mon·ster
    –noun

a legendary animal combining features of animal and humanform or having the forms of various animals in combination, asa centaur, griffin, or sphinx.

2.any creature so ugly or monstrous as to frighten people.

3.any animal or human grotesquely deviating from the normalshape, behavior, or character.

I'm sorry, but a dragon fits the word monster pretty well. Don't bring up arguments about humans that can be monsters as that is not what we are talking about. We wer talking about a dragon being a monster, any other creature used for you're arguments are invalid.

First of all "Don't bring up arguments about humans that can be monsters as that is not what we are talking about. We wer talking about a dragon being a monster, any other creature used for you're arguments are invalid." This statement makes absolutely no sense. Do you mean don't bring up the idea of humans being monsters in a psychological sense? As in "He killed 70 children he's a monster"? In that sense dragons can be monsters however are not necessarily so. We're talking about dragons being, by nature and as a whole, monsters. If you mean just don't use humans as an example, the entire sentence is just ignorant to logical process. You're prohibiting and entire sect of argument simply because you don't want to lose. Unfortunately sentient thought does not care what you want.

The first one says legendary, not mythical. If a Dragon is considered to have the features of a animal and humanform combined; then so is a monkey.. or a dolphin. Many animals exhibit human like features, and any one of them can achieve a legendary status through action or circumstance. Vague enough to apply to any animal. The second clause of states combining for animal parts. A griffon with the wings of an eagle and the head of a lion and ect... The dragon is not as such. You may say "it has wings so it's so and so" but similarly a platypus has the beak of a duck but the tail of a beaver... Once again too vague.

Similarly your second definition is just ignorant... Because yes. Humans CAN frighten people but are not monsters. There are people afraid of bunnies, squirrels, hamsters, snakes, and so on because they consider them to be ugly... By your definition it is such that they are all monsters as well. Once again far too vague and subject to wide variation and perception among individuals.

The third simply says "Any animal or human grotesquely deviating from the normalshape, behavior, or character."... This classifies the autistic and victims of sever burns as monsters... That's just wrong.

So clearly we find that there must be either a better definition for monster then what you provided me or the term monster as a whole is far too vague to be used seriously in the language.

What the hell? You're making up when a dragon, a fake fire breathing giant lizard that eats people and destroys homes, lives and dies?
    There are two problems with your statement..

A. You say they eat people and destroy homes. But bears are known to kill people... Though not all do. It's wrong to say that bears by nature kill people, because it is more then possible for bears to live for generations (and in the past have lives for hundreds of years) without the interference or even knowledge of humans.

B. I didn't make anything up.

they DONT exist so your argument is invalid.
    If dragons do not exist then my argument stating they are not monsters is invalid... However your argument saying they are is still valid... I think you need to reevaluate your statement..

Edit: Sorry if I necroed this. It was still open from this morning on my browser.

/facepalm

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

Sucker Punch was a decent watch. Take it for what it is and it's an enjoyable flick.

Doesn't hurt that my fiancee makes a great Sweat Pea.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Sucker Punch was ok! I enjoyed watching it the one time, but I wouldn't go and watch it a second time.

A. You say they eat people and destroy homes. But bears are known to kill people... Though not all do. It's wrong to say that bears by nature kill people, because it is more then possible for bears to live for generations (and in the past have lives for hundreds of years) without the interference or even knowledge of humans.

B. I didn't make anything up.
    A. That has nothing to do with anything I said. I said you made up a fake creature's potential age/lifespan. Using a bear as an example is like me saying that a person, hell, even a fish, is comparable to a dragon in that we can both kill things. In this movie, the dragon is trying to kill the girl. She kills it.

B. You didn't make up a lifespan timeline of a fake, imaginary creature? So someone else made up a fake timeline of this fake creature. I read on the internet that Glenn Beck is part tortoise, and he's actually 293 years old.

15+ Year Old Account
    everyone take this movie different way, for me its really nice, girl have shitty life and run into "fantasy worlds", i like to do it to rather offten,
    most of us are plaing wow so i supose every one is doing it one way or another :P
    overall fight scenes are nice, story line is rather easy but with nice twists in middle and at end so 8/10 for me

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"