10+ Year Old Account

Priest mana issue

Hey heres my link. Now i know mt gear is sub par missing enchants etc but when im holy in a random im fine with mana and i heal fine. why when i go disc i am having soooooooooo many issues with mana i go oom everypull or almost every pull i know shield spam days are over so i hardly use them but mana is terrible for me any tips or sujestions for me.

Grammer police already gave me my fine soo yea

IF you're hardly using shields at all...

well. You answered your own question there. L2rapture.
    DO NOT ASK 4 NINNERVATE!>?

10+ Year Old Account
    yes i know rapture gives me some mana back when shield expires btu is there some tips to this do i use alot more shilds or what explain yourself. rapture cant be giving that much mana back? someone tell me what im supposed to be doing L2rapture? teach me

Deleted
    You're going oom from using penance + greater heal and shields when you know they are going to be absorbed?
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-07-24 at 04:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes but im here looking for tips to not go oom so fast maybe my technique is wrong or something(well if im oom obviously its wrong) but ya know basically what do yall do those of you who dont go oom tell me what your fights look like i just wanna be disc and dont wanna go oom so help me

Know the fight. Know the incoming damage. Don't overshield (like spam 5 shields for one 50k AOE). Use penance, a lot.

I think it's about it

The bold part is the most important thing to know as a Healer in this expansion.
    Last edited by phoenixia; 2011-07-24 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    yes i know rapture gives me some mana back when shield expires btu is there some tips to this do i use alot more shilds or what explain yourself. rapture cant be giving that much mana back? someone tell me what im supposed to be doing L2rapture? teach me
    go get the mod Ingela's Rapture ( http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...asrapture.aspx )

the mana back is only when the shield is dispelled or fully absorbed through so place them intelligently, when the bar ticks down have one ready to break it will make a noise when the internal cool down is off

edit: Greater heal is your go to heal after penance and make sure to use inner focus on it off every CD and spec Train of Thought also Prayer of healing is a very good tool if 3-5 people in the group are around or below 80% and are going to take more damage from lets say a ticking aura or something
    Last edited by Vicarious; 2011-07-24 at 04:48 PM.

Now that I've had my coffee and am not early morning super b----.

Rapture procs when a shield is broken, and will ONLY proc once every 12 seconds.

Go download Ingela's Rapture tracker.

Use PoM on CD, make sure to glyph it.

At lower levels of gear you may find yourself having to use big cooldowns to get through even heroic 5 man encounters; that's okay. Make sure you know the fights and plan accordingly.

Lean to use heal. DON'T use renew at a low gear level.

If your gear level isn't low for what you're running and you still find yourself Ooming in the middle of an encounter and wiping; you're not being effective and you're not using the right heals at the right time. If you're making it through encounters but Oom at the end, thats okay...it means you didn't have much wasted mana.

Also, the biggest tip I give to new disc priests is, try NOT to fix many mistakes. It takes a lot of skill, practice and gear to be able to just juggernaut heal through stupidity on an encounter, and if you don't have the gear to do it, don't do it. Either be vocal with your group and explain to them what is going wrong and what they need to do or just do like I did when I was gearing up back in December; find the DPS who is constantly dying to avoidable damage...and just let them die

Thats about all the advice I can give you.
    DO NOT ASK 4 NINNERVATE!>?

Quote Originally Posted by Peppercat View Post
    IF you're hardly using shields at all...

well. You answered your own question there. L2rapture.
    Frankly, it depends on how often he is shielding. Rapture only procs once per 12 seconds. Shielding beyond that begins to get quite expensive. Using Penance as often as possible and timing your mana return cooldowns properly will make a huge difference.

Rapture is generally responsible for at least half of my mana regeneration over a fight and I am pretty poor about using PW:S every 12s in certain encounters. As long as you're using it on targets that will full absorb and when Rapture is available, you'll start having less mana issues.
    Last edited by Gaffer; 2011-07-24 at 05:41 PM.

I use an addon called Ingela's Rapture. Just gives you a 12 second countdown timer after you gain mana from Rapture. Easiest way to know you're keeping it up as best as possible. It ends up giving a large amount of mana back over the course of a fight

Deleted
    I use Power aura to track my Fiend, Rapture and Penance.
    Using Feind as early as you can ensures it is off CD ASAP potentially giving you an extra chance to use it (+30% mana)

This is my rapture power aura, stolen from the Interweb someplace: Rapture
    Version:4.20; g:0.9686; icon:Spell_Holy_Rapture; buffname:Rapture; r:0.9843; Extra:true; begin:3; x:71; bufftype:13; stacks:1; texture:59; owntex:true; duration:12; soundend:56; size:0.19; y:-34; finish:4; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.ShowActivation:true

I setup my own for Fiend and Penance, using penance on CD is pretty important, fill with Greater heal or Heal when possible.
    Always try and keep up Grace * 3 on the tank +24% healing is devine, Penance, Heal and greater heal all stack/refresh it.

If someone takes a load of damage PWS > Penance > Greater heal is much more efficient than reverse (due to grace stacking and the Weakend soul debuff), use PWS only though if it is likely to break and proc rapture.