Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Krullthor View Post
    for my role & in my battlegroup, that would be 31 * 25 minutes = almost 13 hours of waiting.
    you are either tank or healer, or have a lacking offline life
    Err... it doesn't specify a timeframe.

Quote Originally Posted by WingsofLiberty View Post
    haha back in wotlk when like 70% of the randoms were Halls of Stone or Gundrak
    omg that was so annoying, i swear that brann needs a fast forward button

Quote Originally Posted by JustForThis View Post
    I miss them too,10 second figh on bosses ftw xD
    Trust me, once we have T14 or so, it will be steamrolled again. Then qq about "make heroics hard" will appear again.

Deleted
    I always queue randomly for heroics, and so far, I've still never done deadmines or SFK - and like you, I've only ever done ZG too - Never once been in ZA, I just think people don't like queueing for these - and I don't want to queue for specific, because I don't get my VP for it then :/

I know I was definitely getting shafted back in Wrath when running randoms on my priest. I would queue as Heals for the RDH everyday and it would always be either HoS or OK. Nothing else. Sucked big time cause even skipping bosses HoS would take ages.

If you look up my armory (Powerwordftw - Priest - Caelestrasz) average runs for:

- UK, UP Nexus, AN, VH, Occ, CoT, HoL = 8.2
    - OK/HoS = 40
    -Gundrak = 24

That's some pretty biased RNG.

Hmm, interesting. Everyone I know that queues for random troll dungeons says that it alternates between ZG/ZA all the time. And this has been my experience too. Yet some people in this thread claim that it works differently for them. I wonder if this is different between regions? Maybe people could specify if they're a US or EU player when talking about if ZA/ZG is random or not? In my case, I play on a US server, and I'm certain they're not random. They always alternate, 100% of the time.

Deleted
    can't say i've ever noticed this but checked and I've 29 of one and 30 of the other. Never not completed one. So it seems pretty even to me
    Never queued alone though, only ever do guild runs. Dunno if that makes a difference

Deleted
    after queing on my tank + completing 5 trolls in a row one week i can confirm this happened.

queing on my dps rogue who had 30+ minute que at the time it was not like this

imo it seems that if you re-que and it pops within 30 minutes of finishing old one it will be 100%

after that it drops to 50/50.

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    Not if you finish the instance

So once more

You Q - > You get ZG - > You finish ZG - > Q again - > It WILL be a ZA regardless of outcome

Can I get someone that actually runs heroic ZA/ZG times like a billion times to confirm this?

Like I really don't wanna keep repeating myself here
    This will typically be the trend but it isn't guaranteed. What you are seeing is simply that the DF tries to avoid putting you in instances you are saved to. This has been true since the DF came out and has been confirmed by blues. Since there are only 2 instances in the tier it obviously slants things towards putting you in the other one but it isn't 100%. For DPS you are probably going to see this more often than not. For tanks or healers you might not see it as much, especially if you are getting an in progress instance.

In the terms of ZA/ZG?

No it's 100%

Finish either of the instances and you RANDOM AGAIN? Yeah your going to get the other one
    No, it isn't... There have been countless instances in which I complete a ZA/ZG, requeue, and get the same dungeon again. You have a lower chance to get the same thing, but it isn't 100%.

In my experience you alternate ZG and ZA each time you complete the run, EXCEPT, if someone fails to join and you are thrown into a fast-track pool. It appears to ignore your last played and you can be sent to either.
    Last edited by GhostSkull; 2011-07-25 at 04:24 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    No, it isn't... There have been countless instances in which I complete a ZA/ZG, requeue, and get the same dungeon again. You have a lower chance to get the same thing, but it isn't 100%.
    Equal number of people getting it 100% is apparently equal to people NOT getting it 100%

I don't know know anymore =/

From my experience with a billion alts that I cap on

It's always been ZA ZG ZA ZG ZA ZG ZA or the reverse within my time

So I can't say anymore other then people have different views / experiences within the finder of ZA / ZG

Can't say I've noticed this queuing issue with randoms but whenever I queue for a RANDOM battleground, 9 times out of 10 I get Isle of Conquest. The other week I got 7-8 Isle of Conquests in a row.

--SNIP--
    It's just that probability combined with LFD design makes it easy to maintain a near-50/50 rate.