Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tenchi Muyo. That and the one with the kid who dies... somehow shoots a laser with his finger? There's some ginger bully... and a witch or something... I... Don't really remember anything else. I think the dead kid was trying to come back to life somehow, something to do with an egg?

Anyone know the name of that 2nd one I've vaguely described? >_>

Edit: LOOOOL. Post right before mine had the name. Remembered it the INSTANT I saw yu-yu again lol. Thanks above poster!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranix View Post
    Yu-yu Hakusho always awesome. Rave Master was also pretty good until it got discontinued.
    Yeah no shit. Or how about trying to find unedited zoids episodes or how about the Rave Master manga. Heh too many things got censored back then. Still do just not as bad.

---------- Post added 2011-07-25 at 07:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyjimbob View Post
    Tenchi Muyo. That and the one with the kid who dies... somehow shoots a laser with his finger? There's some ginger bully... and a witch or something... I... Don't really remember anything else. I think the dead kid was trying to come back to life somehow, something to do with an egg?

Anyone know the name of that 2nd one I've vaguely described? >_>
    Yeah been mentioned like 3-5 times Yu Yu Hakusho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Yeah been mentioned like 3-5 times Yu Yu Hakusho.
    I skimmed the thread in hopes of seeing the name, I forget stuff constantly, but it takes like one word and BAM memory is back. I missed the other person/people saying it, but I noticed yu-yu in the post right above mine, and you know, bam and such with the memories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyjimbob View Post
    I skimmed the thread in hopes of seeing the name, I forget stuff constantly, but it takes like one word and BAM memory is back. I missed the other person/people saying it, but I noticed yu-yu in the post right above mine, and you know, bam and such with the memories.
    Yeah i'm similar. Though TBH i seem to have WAY to much info stuck in my head for me to keep it all sorted out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Captain Future

I didn't even know it was an anime at the time. The german intro was WAY ahead of it's time and is still awesome to this day:
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Oh my god! I remember captain future! That was such an awesome anime! It's a shame they don't run that any longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really watched alot of animes when I was younger. I started watching anime's in the late 90's with animeses like Tenchi Muyo, Eva, Trigun, ect. I wasnt till much later that I went back and watched animi like Ranma 1/2, Macross, Captain Harlock, Lupin III and Urusei Yatsura. Still have not seen Sailor Moon although my friends girlfriend keeps trying to get me to watch it.

p.s. Just for you Sorrior.

Oh my god! I remember captain future! That was such an awesome anime! It's a shame they don't run that any longer.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only anime I can remember I watched really young was Great teacher Onizuka.

If you count child shows such as digimon/pokemon. Then probably that.

First one i saw was Castle in the Sky thanks to a TV schedule fuckup...that was when i was 6/7 or there abouts, after that though nothing untill they showed some on channel 4(UK) late night...that was Devilman and 3x3 eyes that was when i was about 13 ish after that by a few years was Neon Genesis Evangelion, then i had to wait yeeeeears until it became popular enough to be sold in the highstreet.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first real anime that I actually enjoyed was Tenchi Universe/Tenchi Muyo back when it aired in CN. This was late 90s IIRC. I was so naive that I didn't even know it was an 'anime'. Before that I watched some eps of Speed Racer and Sailor Moon, but never really got into them.

Cowboy Bebop in CN's Adult Swim was what originally got me hooked on anime though.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2011-07-25 at 10:03 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

15+ Year Old Account
    Battle of the Planets AKA Science Ninja Team Gatchaman and Star Blazers

Deleted
    First one (and best one) that I watched was Silver fang. After that I watched whatever was on at saturday mornings (Sailor moon and pokemon if I'm not mistaken.

Does Loony Toons count? hehe, But Yeah Transformers, Thunderctas, Jace and the Wheeled Warriors, Robotech and many more when they all were airing in the early/mid 80's.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

Deleted
    Dragon ball z , good times...

DBZ, Pokemon, Outlaw Star, Sailormoon, Card Captor Sakura, Tenchi Muyo, okay pretty much anything on Toonami late 90's -- early 2000's, and I recently watched Revolutionary Girl Utena, I guess no one could tell by my sig/av, heh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Back then you didn't classify things as Anime or Cartoon.. It was all just something to watch.

Speed Racer
    Astro Boy
    Robotech
    Thunder Cats
    Transformers
    Go Bots
    Vultron
    The Centurions
    Danger Mouse
    Dungeons And Dragons
    The Batman/Tarzan/Lone Ranger Adventure Hour
    Chuck Norris: Karate Kommandos
    Defenders of the Earth
    David the Gnome
    Dinoriders
    G.I. Joe
    The Incredible Hulk
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    M.A.S.K

There was just so much to watch I couldn't list it all. I remember you could get home at 3 and watch until 6pm, you also had 8 hours on Saturday and 5 hours on Sunday to catch up on what you missed.

DBZ, Pokemon, Cowboy Bebop

Never was that big of a fan of anime. But cowboy bebop is easily the greatest ever.

For me it would be between Dragonball and Ronin Warriors i don't remember which i first started watching.

Man i miss Ronin Warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auralian View Post
    Back then you didn't classify things as Anime or Cartoon.. It was all just something to watch.Speed RacerAstro Boy Robotech Thunder Cats Transformers Go BotsVultronThe CenturionsDanger MouseDungeons And Dragons The Batman/Tarzan/Lone Ranger Adventure HourChuck Norris: Karate KommandosDefenders of the EarthDavid the GnomeDinoridersG.I. JoeThe Incredible HulkTeenage Mutant Ninja TurtlesM.A.S.KThere was just so much to watch I couldn't list it all. I remember you could get home at 3 and watch until 6pm, you also had 8 hours on Saturday and 5 hours on Sunday to catch up on what you missed.
    I know poor kids these days what do they have outside cable? Old shows and dbz Kai censored on cw and on abc crappy Disney that's it and then the GOOD stuff even on cable tends to get cancelled(samurai jack, symbiotic Titan, Megas XLR, Secret Saturdays and so on) all get camnecwhile crappy comedies(as in the new stuff not that comedies are bad) runs all over the place fucking bs. Heh poor kids.