Deleted

Lowerping vs Smoothping vs WTFast vs High Ping Buster etc (SSH tunneling)

Which one do you use and which one works best for you?

Yes, I've tried leatrix and other registry tweaks which seem to have a slight improvement though you can't beat SSH tunneling (without getting a better ISP)

I'm using lowerping and get 39~ms in game with a 24~25ms ping when pinging the England 1 server on lowerping which is pretty great.
    I haven't tried any others but I did run some ping tests for free on competing clients, I got 20ms ping to london server with smoothping so I might try it out (cause its 4~5ms quicker than lowerping for me)

Without tunneling I get 55~80ms.
    Last edited by mmocba11523fae; 2011-07-25 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Derp

Im using lowerping currently, Im normally around 500+ and it drops to 220+. I wouldn't worry about swaping to a different company just for 4-5ms. Actually i wouldn't worry about anything if i could get 55-80ms .

15+ Year Old Account
    Connecting from South Africa - using WTFast.

Without: 240 ping
    With: 180 ping

Don't think you really need to worry about getting your ping lower. Your ping is low enough as it is.

Only using Leatrix which dropped my latency from 80-120'ish to 35ms.

Connecting from Switzerland

At the moment I use lowerping, and have been using it for almost a year now. It drops my latency from 200 ms to around 100 something, Normally, it is ranging from 100 - 130.
    I didn't try any other company for that matter, 100 ms seems perfectly fine to me!

If you want gladiator title in pvp, you need lower ms though ;p

I use leatrix. went from 200 ms to ~60 ms (I live in texas).

but to be honest, anything sub 100 is great. sub 50 is just amazing. I wouldn't worry too much about squeezing 10 more ping. your latency is already amazing. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Leatrix got me from ~400-500 ms past 6 o clock to 60-90. Couldnt play without it, mind you my isp was utter shit and now i have a new one. Still really recommend it though since it made the game playable and i was able to raid again. (Live in the UK).

So you're wasting money on tunneling for a 15-40ms difference... ? o.O

Low ping already [80ms without], why do that?

Deleted
    A stable connection is much more important than a low ping, and... after all its WoW, not a Shooter, so even in Arena Sub-100 ping is fine.

But, for yall a little salt for your wounds... i get ~12ms xD. In classic i had a ISDN-connection with ~66ms, which was pretty much the same.

"Leatrix" (TCP-ACK=1) on the other hand, should use everybody.

Deleted
    I use neither, I live in the UK and i'm usually <100ms!

Deleted
    Thing is I actually notice a difference between 80ms and 40ms so it's worth it for me

Deleted
    bumpbumpbump

Isen't the IPV6 thing supposed to do the same thing as a tunnel. But i used wowtunnels and got a WHOOPPING 10MS diff. :C From 150 to 140, I live in the central area of us and connect to cali :C

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    Isen't the IPV6 thing supposed to do the same thing as a tunnel.
    Nope

IPv6 or Internet Protocol Version 6 is the next generation protocol for the Internet. It's designed to provide several advantages over current Internet Protocol Version 4 (or IPv4).

IPv6 addresses the main problem of IPv4, that is, the exhaustion of addresses to connect computers or host in a packet-switched network. IPv6 has a very large address space and consists of 128 bits as compared to 32 bits in IPv4.

Therefore, it is now possible to support 2^128 unique
    IP addresses, a substantial increase in number of computers that can be addressed with the help of
    IPv6 addressing scheme.

IPV6 brings quality of service that is required for several new applications such as IP telephony, video/audio, interactive games or ecommerce. Whereas IPv4 is a best effort service, IPv6 ensures QoS, a set of service requirements to deliver performance guarantee while transporting traffic over the network.

For networking traffic, the quality refers to data loss, latency (jitter) or bandwidth. In order to implement QOS marking, IPv6 provides a traffic-class field (8 bits) in the IPv6 header. It also has a 20-bit flow label.

http://ipv6.com/articles/general/ipv...n-internet.htm