Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divisible View Post
    I'm currently on heroic Ragnaros, I also play a moonkin. And yes, typhoon for the sons of flame in transition in amazing. But I'm also quite confident they brought so many moonkins because our AoE is extremely silly. Not to mention if they have 7 or 8 druids ,that's also 7 or 8 tranquilities'
    They had only 2 boomkins not so"many" on the heroic Rag 25 kill others were 2 resto and 1 feral tank.

Deleted
    Protip: 5 druids, 1 resto, 2 moonkins. Where on earth are you getting 7 moonkins from?

who cares paragon have no life!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    I was looking around and noticed a few things:

Paragon have Ragnaros down, they stacked quite a few moonkins to do it. (something like 7 on 25man, and 2 of 10man).
    A day or so later blizzard nerf moonfire.
    No other guilds have rag down.

So what now? I think it's possible that moonfire was so overpowered even without the Lunar Shower talent that they managed to carry a world first. Seeing as other guilds, despite knowing about the class stacking, still simply can't get rag down due to blizzard hotfixing moonkins out of the picture. If this is true, then i'm quite sad that blizzard had to go to the extreme of nerfing an ability so hard that no one plays moonkin anymore.

Thoughts?
    Idiot

10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by Meatgrinder View Post
    Protip: 5 druids, 1 resto, 2 moonkins. Where on earth are you getting 7 moonkins from?
    I was just reading over the posts and pulled the number from what I read. I didn't think to go back and get an exact number.

Clueless OP ftw

Deleted
    Ohhh, uhm.. You know guys, that SS with the boomkins looks AWEFULLY familiar...
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2011/january/method_nef.jpg
    A little trollolol game between our dear topend guilds perhaps ?
    Just get over yourselves, Button line, i think Paragon has a moral, and as such, their setup on the kill, is as they poplished it.
    They had 5 druids, 2 resto, 1 feral and 2 oomkins, get over yourselves. I don't think they would lower themselves to the standard of Nef,
    on this cool end tier boss, that is ragnaros. Especially not with the amount of praising words they gave the encounter in their kill announcement.

only 5 druids in there kill, 1 was a tank 2 boomkins and 2 resto druids

Wait, you called a buff a nerf? Oh okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    I thought it was feral druids...
    It was feral druids.

---------- Post added 2011-07-25 at 09:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pilch View Post
    Clueless OP ftw
    I totally agree with you there .

Druids

• Moonfire will now generate Lunar Energy when crossing from Solar to Lunar on the Eclipse bar.
    Ok the way this is writen it can be confising for somone that does not know how moonkins work and what is bugged curently. But this in fact is not a nerf its a fix to a balance talent Lunar Shower. Without Lunar Shower neither moonfire nor sunfire generates any energy. Pre hotfix you had moonfire giving solar energy all the way from 100 lunar to 100 solar wich made you go out of lunar eclipse faster and helped get to solar faster, and you had sunfire giving lunar energy form 100 solar to 0 wich moved you out of our "overpowerd" solar cleve state but after you left solar eclipse moonfire didnt help you get from 0 to 100 lunar and thats what got fixed, if you dont have Lunar Shower nothing changed. The hotfix should accualy say:

While affected by Lunar Shower Moonfire will now generate Lunar Energy when crossing from Solar to Lunar on the Eclipse bar.

But any one that knows anything about moonkins knew that.
    Former BOOMkin bad ass...

The hotfix and rag kill were not related at all. The fix only affected people who picked up the talent, and most (good) moonkins were passing over the talent in most situations.

Solar cleave is still very doable if you take most of the mana talents. You don't have the instant sunfire damage from before but you still have the big multidotting capability that does ridiculous damage on any adds that live long enough to eat the full duration. Instead of delaying eclipses with sunfire spam you can just continue to cast starfire to stay in solar. The damage is not as good as the old sunfire spam but its still enough that you are not worthless and more than makes up for it by having the increases dot/mushroom damage when needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    it was also boomkings who made the neferion hc kill :P

kinda like the other topic, druids are not only master of all trades we are also the better then any other class
    oh yeah? well, you don't have Timmy pet! HAH!

Took me about 4 seconds to realize that only 2 of those boomkins in that picture had shadows.... peculiar.