Big Wigs or DBM?

Hey guys,

I'm just wondering, which one takes up less memory and is more light weight? I've been using DBM for awhile now and it just seems like there are so many timers/bars that are unneeded during a boss fight and it sort of clusters on my screen. It's not like I hate DBM, I'm just wondering if Big Wigs or something else is a more light weight or better alternative. I've also heard of DXE but from what I hear, it isn't updated nearly as much as the two bigger boss mods.

you can remove any timer on a Boss fight with DBM, just load the Instance Tool and click on the bosses, there you can choose which ability should DBM show and which not.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    BigWigs is superior in terms of new content (raids), the only con is the lack of 5man content timers.

Also, you might want to check out DXE (Deus Vox Encounters).

I personally run DXE, it's found on WoWace only currently. It might be a bit of a pain to setup and get everything where you want it, but it pays off and is updated quite often to stay current with new encounters.

But out of the two you asked about, I'd go with BigWigs. It and DXE are very lightweight and are highly highly customizable for what you want to show. Such as (for example) you can have you screen flash and have a countdown for Heroic Halfus' shadow nova CD.

Edit: DXE was out of development for a while, and is now being actively developed again.
    Last edited by Isolated; 2011-07-25 at 04:37 PM.

I use to use DXE but I find DBM to be all I need its not very flashy but it gets the job done.
    Hi Sephurik

i loved DXE throughout WotLK and was pretty happy to see it back again. However, disappointingly, I used DXE for Majordomo Staghelm and it doesn't keep a tally of Adrenaline Stacks like DBM does - am I missing something with DXE?

I prefer DBM by far

I use whatever addon is updated the fastest for each tier.. this tier it was DBM, last it was BW .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliq View Post
    BigWigs is superior in terms of new content (raids), the only con is the lack of 5man content timers.

Also, you might want to check out DXE (Deus Vox Encounters).
    Littlewigs does 5 mans

EDIT: Personally prefer Bigwigs + Capping for pvp timers, DBM feels to have just too much bloat for my liking.
    Last edited by mmocac353aee8c; 2011-07-25 at 06:09 PM.

Deleted
    I find I get a lot of lua errors with DBM, and none with BigWigs.

Hmm ok. I think I'll try out big wigs. Seems like it's at least more light weight than DBM. I don't want to go through the hassle of not updating through Curse client for DXE.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've used BigWigs in BC and thought it was okay. Then switched to DBM as guild required it. Got used to DBM and prefer to use that now. It has everything I need and as for the memory use or whatnot... I never notice it affect my game play.

15+ Year Old Account
    BW coz it's updated much faster.

If you like simplicity use DBM. If really want to customize your bars etc. on a whole different level then go for either DXE or BW. I've always used dbm/dxe but I definitely prefer what you can do with DXE.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.