Deleted

Double shadow spec?

Hi.

My mainspec for my priest is Shadow, running the normal 10/0/31 spec wich im raiding with.
    Currently i dont have anny offspec, i just dont know what to do with it.
    i've been thinking if there is annyway of making another shadow spec with a few different points wich could be usefull on certain fights.

is it worth to drop points in like Inner Sanctum and Mental Agillity to pick up stuff like Improved power word shield to help healers out on higher dmg fights etc.
    Is there annyway of usefull utillity spec for Shadow? or should i just stick with my current spec.

Thx.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would think that the only useful secondary shadow spec would be a PvP build. I can't really see any talents that you would want to get rid of or pick up that would make enough of a splash in raid to matter. Feel free to play around though.

Deleted
    This from an actual raiding itemlevel 363 shadowpriest.

No, there's no secondary utility to a Shadow Priest.

Your currently as correct as you can be.
    -go pvp shadow or heal.

Yerrr go shadow PvP, unless you are one of those mutated healing-style priests.

Deleted
    Well, both Priest healing specs are pretty awesome. Ever tried one of them? It's better than not having an off-spec and can speed up dungeon queues if you don't have much time. If you absolutely positively do NOT want to heal, like EVER, try a PvP-spec.

In the last tier I had a second shadow spec specifically for the cho'gall fight. I moved some points around for a reduced cooldown on silence because we had issues interrupting the MC. However, in the current tier there really isn't any reason for anything like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ashrawr View Post
    Yerrr go shadow PvP, unless you are one of those mutated healing-style priests.
    Well said!

My shadow off-spec is for PVP only also.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

As Arlee said, the only other usefull option for some PVE fights is the silence spec, other than that, Shadow is very limited on spec choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Beav View Post
    As Arlee said, the only other usefull option for some PVE fights is the silence spec, other than that, Shadow is very limited on spec choices.
    I reread what I wrote after seeing this and realized I combined two separate thoughts into one statement on accident again >< In the last tier I off spec'ed for reduced cooldown on Psychic Scream for Cho'gall and there isn't any need for that in this tier. Silence could be useful... but doesn't seem to be very worthwhile in most raid situations.

Deleted
    Always have a healing spec; as much as you wouldn't wanna heal - its always handy!

Deleted
    Paralysis for Ragnaros? Does 4 sec stun work on Sons of Flame's?

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Well said!

My shadow off-spec is for PVP only also.
    I'm just getting back into PVP after breaking at the end of Wrath, and I'm going to be switching my off-spec from holy to shadow PVP (main is shadow). I've found PVE shadow spec is pretty good in battlegrounds but I'd like a dedicated PVP off-spec so I can nab Silence. Do you know of any decent and up-to-date shadow PVP guide anywhere? I'm working from one on the Howtopriest.com website (posted March) and picking up info from other posts on here, but a one-stop post would be great until I get the hang of things.
    Dragonslayer Hoddie - pretending to know what I'm doing!

Deleted
    meh. i already kinda thought there would be no real usefull utility spec to bad. stil thanks
    maybe il try shadow pvp out a bit again then. always been disc til 3 months after cata release. got a bid burnd out on disc after all the changes the made

and cant find myself in holy : /