Thread: Jaws and Holy

15+ Year Old Account

Jaws and Holy

My guild is at the point where we have killed Staghelm, so the option of all of our available trinkets is now open to us. Originally, I was contemplating taking Eye and Necromatic Focus (stacking the mastery by simply applying DoTs).

However, I've been doing a little bit of research into the trinket Jaws of Defeat. What I read, though it was little, suggests that this trinket not only stacks from the number of spells you cast, but also from the number of targets that spell affects.

From Wowhead poster Bellabel :

"Holy priest, COH gives 6 stacks (glyphed.) This heroic version would give an instance -725 mana cost to all spells in one COH global. Toss a POH and bam, -1250 mana cost per spell in approx. 3 secs. Giving you 17 secs of mana savings!

Disc priest two POH cast and your in the zone. Just by looking at cast patterns, I can easy save 8k per cd. Is this trinket uber, it's so so for priest. Something like 20k mana in savings is easily attainable.

As it stands I've healed two 25 man hardmodes and my mana just manages to make it ....just barely. In tier 11 gear getting this trinket may give me a bit more wiggle room."

I was wondering if any priests on these forums could confirm this as fact. I am not saying that the poster of this information is lying, but I would prefer confirmation from more than one source. Thank you.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit irrelevant maybe but I'm using the eye of blazing power as disc with the cho'gall trinket atm, I'm not really sure if the eye is as good as it looks. Seems like it has a 45 sec internal cd.

As for the jaws - I agree with you, wtb information input.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    I don't have the trinket personally, but I've talked to my Shaman healer who has it, and Chain Heal absolutely does NOT give him multiple stacks of the buff when he heals multiple people.

I can see no reason why PoH or CoH would be any different.

not sure about coh/poh, but beacon procs it twice like the alg trinket.

Penance is giving 3 stacks
    Prayer of Healing is giving 1 stack

Edit: Just messing around testing things.
    Holy Nova = 1
    Binding Heal = 1
    Hymns = 1
    Mind Sear = 1
    SW: Death = 1
    Last edited by Psychomantis; 2011-07-25 at 07:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So it would seem that some spells are giving multiple stacks, while others are only giving one stack.

From the talk of Beacon of Light giving two stacks, it seems that Beacon counts it's effect as a separate spell (Beacon and the spell you cast). Penance giving three stacks is equally interesting. I suppose this is because Penance is a channeled healing spell, and each "tick" of Penance counts as a separate heal, even though it is from one spell. Strange, however, that Hymn of Hope would not work the same way. Perhaps it's mechanic is determined differently than Penance.

I would love more input and information from other priests, so I suppose you can treat this as a sort of a bump to get some more feedback. Thank you for the initial responses.

Eye is terrible! BiS are Heroic Jaws + Shard of Woe. If you can't get either of these I'd recommend Normal Jaws > Heroic FoM > Tsunami. The rep trinket is worse than tsunami in every way and the Eye is just bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    Eye is terrible! BiS are Heroic Jaws + Shard of Woe. If you can't get either of these I'd recommend Normal Jaws > Heroic FoM > Tsunami. The rep trinket is worse than tsunami in every way and the Eye is just bad.
    While I appreciate that feedback, that wasn't exactly the question I was asking.

Very very interesting. We have yet to see one drop but if this is the case then Jaws just became amazing for Holy! :P
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird. I got the jaws and tested proc stacking on PoH and it didn't work...but for the life of me can't remember if CoH worked.Also, you guys need to stop forgetting about fiery quintessence! It's lovely.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Indeed it is... need a stupid boss kill been at 11999 almost all week
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

That would be weird because I am pretty sure prayer of healing spams the hell out of my dark moon card the same way circle of healing does. You would think based on that that both spells would behave the same way. Getting 6 stacks of jaws in 1 GCD is pretty insane though. That would at least be one thing good for Holy this tier (besides the t11 4p + t12 "trick")

It's possible that the heroic Jaws does proc multiple times as that is where the quote posted in the OP was found on WoWhead, in the same way Heroic JaR maintained the stacks after the on use (but you no longer gained new stacks and it would drop shortly after).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Also, you guys need to stop forgetting about fiery quintessence! It's lovely.
    Is it??? I've heard nothing but the opposite. o.O

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have the heroic Jaws trinket. The only thing that seems to give more than one stack is a Penance.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can confirm it is 1 stack per spell, and it is very rare it goes up to more than 5-7 stacks for me before the effect runs off. Very disappointing, hence the pure spirit proccs from other trinkets are then far more valuable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    I can confirm it is 1 stack per spell, and it is very rare it goes up to more than 5-7 stacks for me before the effect runs off. Very disappointing, hence the pure spirit proccs from other trinkets are then far more valuable.
    Unless you don't need the regen, in which case the bonus int makes it better.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Unless you don't need the regen, in which case the bonus int makes it better.
    If you don't need the regen, then neither would be more beneficial. Necromantic Focus would be your best bet, as you can then stack mastery for simply casting two instant cast spells and making sure to keep them refreshed (even just casting one and keeping it refreshed). This would provide more throughput when regeneration or conservation isn't as vital.

I thank you all for the feedback. I believe I will indeed not be using this trinket afterall, at least not in a fulltime capacity.