Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Go back and enjoy your WoW. Leave other games to people who actually want to play them. Theres no need for your useless opinion on anything in the world.
    says the guy in a WoW-oriented forum with ALMOST 1K POST. there is nothing to say except LOL dude.

you're being ungrateful towards wow you're so quick to forget how awesome fun you had and flame to WoW...I'm not saying play wow forever but respect the greatest mmo in the earth for now.Also the true aim of this forum and all forums is sharing opinion, weather you like it or not, you have to respect. if you don't like it, leave forum. No1 is forcing you to stay here and read some useless opinions.

/bye bye

now about game, this is a game guys not a ultra big novel which is equivelant to 60 novels. Game seems good and good quality but they are repeating their awesome goal "story" since 2008 and it seems they have no other "interesting" thing in their game. There is no sign of how awesome end game content is so meh, this game is not for those who like end game.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2011-07-26 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    says the guy in a WoW-oriented forum with ALMOST 1K POST. there is nothing to say except LOL dude.

you're being ungrateful towards wow you're so quick to forget how awesome fun you had and flame to WoW...I'm not saying play wow forever but respect the greatest mmo in the earth for now.Also the true aim of this forum and all forums is sharing opinion, weather you like it or not, you have to respect. if you don't like it, leave forum. No1 is forcing you to stay here and read some useless opinions.

/bye bye

now about game, this is a game guys not a ultra big novel which is equivelant to 60 novels. Game seems good and good quality but they are repeating story since 2008 and it seems they have no other "interesting" thing in their game. There is no sign of how awesome end game content is so meh, this game is not for those who like end game.
    Nothing wrong with WoW. I have actually played Warcraft probably longer then you have been alive. Blizzard is just a shit dev who has managed to completely stagnate the industry and monopolize it.

The thing is, even though this is a WoW forum, this sub-forum is for things other than wow. Sure we're talking about an MMO, so the comparisons will get made, but ther are literally a dozen other sub forums concerned with wow.

I, too, think that there may be a little over exageration. Until we have the NDA lifted, we can't really know how much overlap there is between different classes of the same faction. Sure the class stories will be completely different, but it's not all class stories, is it? The non-class story quests, will they be the same for each class?

and Blizzard hasn't "done" anything. Many, many MMOs have been released since WoW came out. It's not blizzard's fault that people don't like change.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    While I'm excited for SWToR, I can't can't count how many games claim up and down that they have this and that, and upon release you just get the "it's coming" excuse and you might see it a year later.

SWToR is going to be great, but please remember while flaming people with opposing opinions, that it's not going to be immune to the restrictions, issues and concerns that generally plague MMO's. Bioware isn't a superhero (else DA2 wouldn't have been a travesty) and they're inexperienced and unseasoned in the genre. It's easy to sit there on a pedestal and make all these idealized and one sided comments about how amazing the game is going to be (and keep in mind, these developer articles are a form of PR. Obviously they're not going to talk about the negatives, but don't let the positives overshadow the fact that they will still exist).

You're still going to have grind quests, collection quests etc. While the questing systems sounds and looks great, SWToR is not going to provide you with "200 hours of enthralling, unique, single player-esque storytelling which will be totally different depending on what class you are". It's going to be a little more broad, but there's going to be a lot of crossover and repetition, mark my words.

Again it's going to be a fun game and I'm excited for it like any of you, but my post is more towards people like "Pyre Fierceshot" who can't stand people having opposing concerns/opinions about SWToR that aren't bending over backwards to praise it. You're blind and naive, child. Chill out and stop overhyping the game. You're going to be one of those kids on the swtor forums complaining that the game isn't wiping your ass for you. You (and Bioware) are going to quickly realize the limitations of developing and implementing these amazing features. They might be there, but they're not going to be the extremely idealized way you think they're going to be. Just wait and see You can tag this post later so I can tell you "Told you so".

Nothing wrong with WoW. I have actually played Warcraft probably longer then you have been alive. Blizzard is just a shit dev who has managed to completely stagnate the industry and monopolize it.
    They aren't a "shit dev", but I will definitely agree with stagnating for the last several years. That's what happens though, these games can't be "Fresh and exciting" forever. The same thing will happen with SWToR. But I'm sure Bioware aren't "shit devs" are they? They're still going to buff classes you don't want to see buffs, they're still going to nerf your class. They're still going to make changes to the game that you don't agree with.

This is why I have to laugh at people condemning existing games and thinking SWToR is going to be immune to all these things. It's cute. It's going to be the very same thing, if eventually.
    Last edited by skylla05; 2011-07-26 at 01:52 PM.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    250 hours of gameplay to hit 50.
    8 classes with unique storylines.
    =
    2000 hours of gameplay just in quest content.
    Well yeah but it takes an awesome writer to make up epic stories about how you killed 10 space boars.

Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    250 hours of gameplay to hit 50.
    This is actually a really bad thing.
    But then again, I'm sure no one will agree with me.
    Then within a week will be bitching on the TOR boards "WHAAAA LEVELING TAKES TOO LONG, DERP DERP DERP"

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Blizzard is one of the best developers in the industry, and that's exactly why they have monopolized MMORPGs for this long. When it comes to stagnation of the genre, look no farther than companies like your beloved Trion who has never even heard of the fucking word "innovation." Stagnation comes from lazy developers who look to ride the success of others, and investors who are terrified of taking any risks. Bioware/EA are just as guilty, boasting arbitrary numbers like 60 novels of story or 200 hours of gameplay like it somehow detracts from the fact that they have hardly done anything to change the direction of MMORPGs.

While I'm sure that SWTOR will have a shit-ton of content and story, you need to take these phrases with a grain of salt. It's just marketing.

When they say "omg 60 novels" what they're doing is probably something similar to "Okay we've got all this dialogue. If I were to divide the number of words we have by 500 pages per novel, and 400 words per page ... OMG 60 novels!!!"
    Last edited by Abrasion; 2011-07-26 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Blizzard is one of the best developers in the industry, and that's exactly why they have monopolized MMORPGs for this long. When it comes to stagnation of the genre, look no farther than companies like your beloved Trion who has never even heard of the fucking word "innovation." Stagnation comes from lazy developers who look to ride the success of others, and investors who are terrified of taking any risks. Bioware/EA are just as guilty, boasting arbitrary numbers like 60 novels of story or 200 hours of gameplay like it somehow detracts from the fact that they have hardly done anything to change the direction of MMORPGs.
    oh god with competition like Sony...NCSoon...Mythic my god how can they POSSIBLY compete in this market. So what is Blizzards excuse for not having wardrobe slots!?!?!
    What is their excuse for not seperating pvp and pve damage...I mean seven years of shitting all over classes every patch should convince you that it might be a good idea...I mean Trion did it for 3 and realized it would not work.....why charge for realm transfers??
    what they have your best interest at heart and want to control population??
    Why is there game world basically dead and the entire point of the game seems to be able to race to the end to stand in a city??
    Why is it they make more then any MMORPG dev in the world, but do not seem to be investing anything in their cash cow??? Why is there content so slow??Take a hint from Trion when a dev gets off their ass you can push out content pretty fast.

So yes Blizzard is a lazy dev and just happen to be running a great game. It does not mean they are treating it right. If anythign they are exchanging one playerbase for another. I'll put anything their Chinese playerbase outnumbers the NA player base now because of how many people that have quit.

WoW should have gone f2p after 2008 because that is when they stopped competing and using my money to invest in WoW and it became all about adding stuff to their cash shop.

Than the new starwars book better just costs 1/60 of the game. ^^

Honestly it's just advertising. Most likely from a guy who didn't read much, adressed to a community which doesn't read much.
    And a novel could have over 900 pages or just 100. Besides that says nothing about quality. There're maaany really bad books around.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Go back and enjoy your WoW. Leave other games to people who actually want to play them. Theres no need for your useless opinion on anything in the world.
    i love you

ot: i think its going to be AMAZING!!! atleast i hope so, already pre-ordered
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

"Story content in SWTOR is equivelent to 60 fully fledged novels"
    Aaaaand we have a winner in Inane Statement of the Week category!
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

If you really think everyone in this forum is teenager, then you're old enough to "think" indeed. Anyway, gotta love some non-professional individuals who flame on Blizzard and act like they know a SH*T about game design and post-development.

you're one of em

you're very existance on a wow-oriented forum is a conflict with your own attitude towards WoW . Indeed, you're old

go figure.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2011-07-26 at 02:29 PM.

If you really think everyone in this forum is teenager, then you're old enough to "think" indeed. Anyway, gotta love some non-professional individuals who flame on Blizzard and act like they know a SH*T about game design and post-development.

you're one of em

go figure.
    Sorry dawg, but if Blizzard is so pro then why does Lord of the Rings a FREE TO PLAY MMORPG have wardrobe tab. You are being screwed plain and simple. Will SWToR even have a ward drobe tab? I bet they can atleast dye there gear UNLIKE WoW

I stopped paying Blizzard a long time ago. Everytime you guys go rushing back to WoW it just confirms Blizzard can keep doing the same old same old while people continue to cry for changes that are never coming.

If there is a god let SWToR not be shit by Bioware and just gut WoW of it's playerbase. It is so long over due because I am tired of hearing about how Blizz is a great dev when all they are is a monopoly who has completely stagnated this gaming industry,

Every other gaming/manufacturing/hell anything industry has benefited from competition except MMORPG's

Sorry dawg, but if Blizzard is so pro then why does Lord of the Rings a FREE TO PLAY MMORPG have wardrobe tab.
    You really think Blizzard's programmers/devs can't implement such feature? I can't even know what to say. Lord of the Rings might have some interesting features but it doesn't mean WoW has to have it. WoW is wow, LOTRO is LOTRO bud, they are different...get over with it.
    You are being screwed plain and simple. Will SWToR even have a ward drobe tab? I bet they can atleast dye there gear UNLIKE WoW
    Dear Blizzard, hear this old dude's screams, feel his pain and give him a in-game dye and wardrobe feature for WoW. Damn not even a wardrobe? camon...it's wardrobe..it's a MUST!

I stopped paying Blizzard a long time ago. Everytime you guys go rushing back to WoW it just confirms Blizzard can keep doing the same old same old while people continue to cry for changes that are never coming.
    guess what, I stopped playing it aswell but I'm not bashing it just because they didn't give some precious in-game dye and wardrobe system..

If there is a god let SWToR not be shit by Bioware and just gut WoW of it's playerbase. It is so long over due because I am tired of hearing about how Blizz is a great dev when all they are is a monopoly who has completely stagnated this gaming industry,

Every other gaming/manufacturing/hell anything industry has benefited from competition except MMORPG's
    WoW is competing with itself for years, while there was no real competitor blizzard was exhausting itself to get their player base new content and they always gave you new content, like it or dislike it you have to respect my old friend. Also competition lagged because other companies were stupid enough to see how big money was going in mmorpg world.

WoW is competing with itself for years, while there was no real competitor blizzard was exhausting itself to get their player base new content and they always gave you new content, like it or dislike it you have to respect my old friend. Also competition lagged because other companies were stupid enough to see how big money was going in mmorpg world.
    Basically this. I keep getting this strange feeling and I am tempted to predict it. SWToR will lose popularity due to slow updates. Blizzard LITERALLY said WoW is not voiced over for the simple fact of how much dev time this adds.

So WoW contents take like 6 months, so imagine how much longer it would. If Bioware pulls it off, then you know Blizz was bullshitting yet again AND I PUT money on it this will be yet another feature from another MMO people want in WoW they will never get.

If you think donating 15$ to blizz a month so 25% of the population cans see raid only content, then I feel sorry for you because it is never changing. The mmo world seems to be slowly moving away from raiding content as being considered end game.

You really think Blizzard's programmers/devs can't implement such feature? I can't even know what to say.
    Since its so easy and so many people want it why is it not there? Its a very popular feature and adds alot to games

Any time someone makes a translation to novel sizes you have to take it with a grain of salt. Books need to describe their settings. This can be done in one paragraph or in dozens of paragraphs. Obviously this can greatly vary how many "novels" get filled up.

Also, we still haven't seen the quality of the content. If it's not gripping then it could just eventually end up like most people playing WoW and skipping all of the quest text and then looking at the log and map to see where they need to go and what they need to get.

Basically this. I keep getting this strange feeling and I am tempted to predict it. SWToR will lose popularity due to slow updates. Blizzard LITERALLY said WoW is not voiced over for the simple fact of how much dev time this adds.

So WoW contents take like 6 months, so imagine how much longer it would. If Bioware pulls it off, then you know Blizz was bullshitting yet again AND I PUT money on it this will be yet another feature from another MMO people want in WoW they will never get.

If you think donating 15$ to blizz a month so 25% of the population cans see raid only content, then I feel sorry for you because it is never changing. The mmo world seems to be slowly moving away from raiding content as being considered end game.
    as long as there is kind of endgame other than questing, I'm always okay with a good quality mmorpg. This the only reason I'm not pre-ordering Sw:ToR. First, I gotta see how's their endgame maybe after that I can play and I find sw:tor very promising. I'm not a bliz fanboy or something and I find wow pretty boring atm..more like not-playable. But that doesn't mean blizzard suck, it's because blizzard can't make mmo's evolve by themselves. They've evolved mmo's enough and what we got is today's wow and wow is reaching end of it's life span. We should be grateful what blizzard provided us for years not just flame them.

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Since its so easy and so many people want it why is it not there? Its a very popular feature and adds alot to games
    I'm pretty sure they have some logical explanation for it. Blizzard rarely present unlogical explanation.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2011-07-26 at 02:58 PM.

as long as there is kind of endgame other than questing, I'm always okay with a good quality mmorpg. This the only reason I'm not pre-ordering Sw:ToR. First, I gotta see how's their endgame maybe after that I can play and I find sw:tor very promising. I'm not a bliz fanboy or something and I find wow pretty boring atm..more like not-playable. But that doesn't mean blizzard suck, it's because blizzard can't make mmo's evolve by themselves. They've evolved mmo's enough and what we got is today's wow and wow is reaching end of it's life span. We should be grateful what blizzard provided us for years not just flame them.
    umm if they are not improving it then why are people still investing 15$ in it? It almost seems like Aion where you knew every dime of your sub money was going to some other project. If they are going to just let it die then that is just silly. Titan is going to fail. Some unknown game just thrown into the market with no IP/franchise behind it like WoW had = screwed.

If SWToR can provide fast content updates it is going to be massive. Unless they just utterly ignore bugs/class balance on launch it will easily cap 2mil players on launch date. This is not some random mmorpg like Rift with no history and a new great dev. It is backed by Bioware and has an insane fan base, so it will be interesting.