Demonology for Heroic Shannox

I'm doing some log parsing, and I'm noticing that Demonology warlocks are doing very well versus Heroic Shannox in 10 man. My guild will be killing Shannox on heroic for the second time tonight, so I don't need any strategy tips for the entire encounter, but I'm wondering, why does Demonology do more damage than Affliction and Destruction on this fight?

I have a Demonology spec, and would like to play it, if someone had some pointers on what I should be doing as this spec for this fight.

Thanks.

If I would have to take a guess, it would be that the demo warlocks in question got to be up close to Shannox the entire fight. Possibly little melee in their raid so it wouldn't cause a problem with face rages. But that is just my guess. I run demo on fights that I can do that stuff, like on Staghelm, on scorpion phase, you get to use immo aura and shadow flame to max your dps which really helps out a lot.

I guess it's simply becouse mastery stacked demo does really good dmg and hc shannox is basicly tunnelvision shannox only?

My assumption would be that you could stay in melee the entire time, which Demonology basically relies on.

If I'm standing in melee range, what should I be casting? Hellfire? We tank riplimb away from Shannox on heroic, and Rageface is running all over the place, so I don't see where they're getting extra damage. Maybe our specific strategy doesn't favor the "cleaving" that Demonology offers.

We'll still kill him, but I'd certainly love to be able to do higher dps if possible. In general, I feel like Demonology is weaker than say, Destro for single target or two targets. Any more thoughts?

If Demonology seems to be doing well this tier, I'll just run it as my main spec.

To do max damage as demo, you need to cast immo aura every time you pop meta, and after you cast Hand of Gul'dan, cast Shadowflame (I found the cool downs match up perfectly). That being said, just use your normal rotation and while adding in those to melee range spells, using pet swapping when you can, which depending on soul shards is probably just at the beginning (hell, that could even be wrong, I don't pet swap much, I'm a horrible demo lock.. XD) for the good Demon Soul, and also, Moonwell Chalice is your friend, 1700 mastery is, for me anyway, and additional 20% damage in meta.

It has nothing to do with cleave, it's just that immolationaura have a frekin huge dpct and shadowflame in addition to being higher then shadowbolt pure dmg wise also adds another debuff for shadowbite. Demo is afaik the highest warlock specc atm (if 100% melee range is possible)