Critique my proposed Computer Build

Just wanting input and advice on my proposed computer build.
    I will be looking to play MWF3(Pretty much all FPS or ThirdPS coming out), LoL and Maybe WoW.

CASE: Antec Nine Hundred Tower Gaming Case with side window Black(No PSU)
    PS: Corsair TX-650 650W ATX Power
    DvD drive: Sony AD7280SGB 22X SATA OEM DVD RW Black
    HD : Digital 1TB SATA3 64M(WD1002FAEX)
    Ram: G Skill 6G(3x2G) DDR3 PC12800 8-8-8-24 (6GBRM)
    GPU: Sapphire ATI HD6970 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E
    CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K Processor LGA1155 3.3GHz CPU
    MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 4xDDR3 HDMI GLAN 2xPCI-E USB3.0 SATA3 RAID1394 A
    Cost=$1200(AUD) soo like $1400US

Not interested in buying a SSD at this point in time

Thanks in advance for any input

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyy View Post
    Ram: G Skill 6G(3x2G) DDR3 PC12800 8-8-8-24 (6GBRM)
    4Gb or 8Gb, there's no effective inbetween really. Three sticks of 2Gb wouldn't enable your 1155 socket board's dual channel memory mode.
    Other then that, it looks good, personal tastes aside.

Derped it here
    Last edited by Coyy; 2011-07-26 at 03:52 PM.

G Skill 8G(2x4G) DDR3 1600Mhz PC12800 RL 9-9-9-24(CL9D-8GBRL) Would this be a better selection?
    Yes

Also instead of
    you could get Samsung Spinpoint F3 HDD instead. Will cost lot less.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    4Gb or 8Gb, there's no effective inbetween really. Three sticks of 2Gb wouldn't enable your 1155 socket board's dual channel memory mode.
    Other then that, it looks good, personal tastes aside.
    G Skill 8G(2x4G) DDR3 1600Mhz PC12800 RL 9-9-9-24(CL9D-8GBRL) Would this be a better selection?

---------- Post added 2011-07-27 at 01:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Yes

Also instead of
    you could get Samsung Spinpoint F3 HDD instead. Will cost lot less.
    Samsung 2TB Spinpoint F3/4EG EcoGreen HDD 32M is double the size and cheaper hahah Thank you but does the Eco Green label have any effect on performance?

15+ Year Old Account
    Aye, that would be it. Or if you want to save some money go with 4Gb (2x2Gb) which would be sufficient for your gaming needs.

Also something to note. If you are planning to overclock the CPU you are going to need an aftermarket CPU cooler. Something like coolermaster hyper 212+ wouldn't be too expensive but can be of course grabbed later on if you change your mind.
    If you want something bigger, though, I'm not sure if the basic G Skill ram with that heat spreader is too tall to fit with something like noctua nh-d14, maybe someone else could confirm? Should you find it your best interest to play safe, choose the X-series of G Skill which has lower heat spreader and should fit with any aftermarket cooler you can find.

Green= Eco aka less speed and less watt used (Common used for storage)
    Blue= Mid range something from both
    Black= Almost highest
    Raptor= Faster as black but the price goes like nuts
    The black blood of Yogg'saron causes through me! I AM UNSTOPPALBLE!

Samsung 2TB Spinpoint F3/4EG EcoGreen HDD 32M is double the size and cheaper hahah Thank you but does the Eco Green label have any effect on performance?
    Yes, green will be slightly slower.

Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB disc (not green) costs around $65 while WD Caviar Black 1TB costs $90, that's how much there's price difference and both have pretty much same performance in gaming use.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    You might wanna look for the "v2" version of that psu, i do not know what the difference is - but newer is allways better.

Quote Originally Posted by Aminozuur View Post
    Raptor= Faster as black but the price goes like nuts
    10K RPM VelociRaptors are also pretty much extinct now just like the real dinosaurs. There's just no niche for those since SSDs will do 2-4x speed and are closing on price fast.
    Trolling should be.