Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Maelstrom Shatter, or lack of celestial essences and heavenly shards

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticed a distinct lack of celestial essences and heavenly shards in their inventories... I'm really looking forward to a cataclsym version of Void Shatter and Abyssal Shatter.

Have I missed anything - has there been any rumor of such a spell being added? If I had to guess, I'd say 4.3, as the BC version came out in 2.3.3 and the WoLK version in 3.2.2.

i donno what you doing but with jc prospecting and making those fist weapons its rather ez to get tons of essence as for shards i agree those are idd more rare

The crystal shatter formula is always added later in the xpac. If you don't want to farm regular heroics for blues/greens, then you can do what the poster above says and DE items from crafting professions such as the JC rings/fists, BS blue/greens, LW blue/greens, etc.

If you have a BS and enchanter, it's also quite easy to get heavenly shards by taking 4 obsidium bars and 8 elementium bars and turning them into the ilvl 325 rare shoulders. These DE into heavenly shards 100% of the time plus can benefit from the guild perk. It's one of the tricks I use to farm gold on my server

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brytallica View Post
    The crystal shatter formula is always added later in the xpac. If you don't want to farm regular heroics for blues/greens, then you can do what the poster above says and DE items from crafting professions such as the JC rings/fists, BS blue/greens, LW blue/greens, etc.
    Other than the JC crafted fists for essences, does anyone have any suggestions for cheapest-to-craft items for heavenly shards?

Quote Originally Posted by tyggyr View Post
    Other than the JC crafted fists for essences, does anyone have any suggestions for cheapest-to-craft items for heavenly shards?
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=55038/stormforged-legguards

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tyggyr View Post
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticed a distinct lack of celestial essences and heavenly shards in their inventories... I'm really looking forward to a cataclsym version of Void Shatter and Abyssal Shatter.

Have I missed anything - has there been any rumor of such a spell being added? If I had to guess, I'd say 4.3, as the BC version came out in 2.3.3 and the WoLK version in 3.2.2.
    Abyssal shatter, however, didn't give you shards, just essences and tons of dust :P

even with shatter you wont see heavenly shards. abbysal shatter and what ever the 1 before that both only shattered for dust and essence.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    even with shatter you wont see heavenly shards. abbysal shatter and what ever the 1 before that both only shattered for dust and essence.
    void shatter broke it into 2 large prismatic's

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Relinking Void Shatter in case someone missed what it does.

Thanks for all the responses. Personally I hope to see a maelstrom shatter which will produce some combination of shards, essences and dust