Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

This is why I hate STEAMing Pile of Shit

Today:

Attempt 1: "Whoopsie doopsie, can't connect your account".
    - Try to sign in to Steampowered.com = "Whoopsie doopsie, you need to enter TEH CODE OF UBAR AWESOME CUZ ITS BEEN A WHILE HERP DERP"
    - OK, fine, code entered, my account has indeed NOT been stolen by leet haksors, let's be happy about that shall we!
    - Fuck it, reboot.

Attempt 2: Steam signs in, but "Whoopsie doopsie, TEH GMAE IS CURENTLY UNAVAILABLE HERP DERP"
    - What game you ask? That would be GTA fucking IV. A single-player offline game, unless you count the abortion that is Social Club.
    - Of course, Steaminpileofshit.com has instructions half a page long on how to fix it. Question is, why do I need to fix it if it ran just bloody fine yesterday?

Bottom line: FUCK YOU STEAM. You were a goddamn abortion when you were first implemented, and you still are. Fuck you, and fuck your ET PHONE HOME functionality.
    "The Patient? Well... maybe... the mental kind..."

1/2 of your complaint is that you had to read an e-mail to verify your account hasn't been compromised?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dlouhys View Post
    1/2 of your complaint is that you had to read an e-mail to verify your account hasn't been compromised?
    The other part is legitimate (though done in a very immature way). Forcing you to log into an online account to play an offline game is rather lame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    The other part is legitimate (though done in a very immature way). Forcing you to log into an online account to play an offline game is rather lame.
    steam is not that mean last time I checked you could just switch off online mode and be happy playing any game offline, which is how my sister has been leeching my steam account for years.

steam is not that mean last time I checked you could just switch off online mode and be happy playing any game offline, which is how my sister has been leeching my steam account for years.
    This. Even though it is idiotic to have to play in offline mode, for a while, I didn't have a net connection, but I still managed to play HL2 in offline mode. Steam, while having its problems, is an excellent service.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    Sure can. You don't even have to be in Online mode to play Online games. I used to go into Invisible mode whenever I'd play FFXI so people wouldn't bug me to get on TF2
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    I may be QQ'd at or banned for this but.

If you dont like it, fuck off.

WahwahQQ i cry cuz valve haz security ovah ma accountz QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

be happy your details arent stolen like Sony. Steam is awesome.

(i do agree about the offline game being unavailable, but guess what, restart steam to fix if that fails, delete clientredgistery.blog)

also less QQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep... could do this for a very long time. Btw Gta4 has multiplayer....

Your complaints are rather stupid, 1 is for security and the other is easily fixed.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

I have had one problem in the years i have used steam! I am upset and outraged! How dare that steaming pile of turd give me one problem after years of working without fail?!

But that.... that would make sense! We will have NONE of that in this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

If it bothers you that much, why didn't you just buy the game from gamestop or something? Nobody's forcing you to use a cloud service.

Then don't use Steam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    on the topic of steam, i just recieved an update to blackOps from steam which contained a virus. O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    on the topic of steam, i just recieved an update to blackOps from steam which contained a virus. O.o
    It's a sign. Don't play Cod.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    Well, that's just not going to be the reason you have a virus, is it. What anti-virus are you using?

So pretty much if you were patient and just read how to fix it and/or browsed forums, you would not only have fixed the issue..but learned how to go into offline mode and etc.?

Please do that before crying about a good service.

10+ Year Old Account
    While this does seem ragey......

Dear Valve,

Fix steam

Yours sincerely, the playerbase

P.S. Make TF2 run smoother

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stvv View Post
    I may be QQ'd at or banned for this but.

If you dont like it, fuck off.

WahwahQQ i cry cuz valve haz security ovah ma accountz QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

be happy your details arent stolen like Sony. Steam is awesome.

(i do agree about the offline game being unavailable, but guess what, restart steam to fix if that fails, delete clientredgistery.blog)

also less QQ
    ^this in a nut shell

He mad.

Steam is a great service, its fine. The deals are great. Ive had no issues worth crying about like this and ive been using it for a few years now.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you've apparently hated Steam since Day 1 but you still use the service.

Ok.