Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Patch 4.2 Hotfixes - July 26

Update - Paragon released their video of the Ragnaros 25-Man Heroic World First Kill. But I'll probably embed it tomorrow because people never read those updates anyway.

Patch 4.2 Hotfixes - July 26
    Blizzard posted the list of the hotfixes deployed yesterday, including the nerfs to Firelands raid bosses and a couple of classes changes.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    July 26

General
    • Characters should no longer receive errors or potential disconnects when using Levitate, Slow Fall, or the Parachute Cloak while falling.
    • All combat and vanity pets should now respawn normally after players use any flight path.

Classes
    Mage (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    • Combustion should no longer ignore damage modifiers on a target. As an example, Smoldering Elemental packs in the Firelands should no longer take full damage from Impact’s spread of Combustion, despite these creatures having damage reduction modifiers.

Shaman (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    • Shamanism (Elemental passive) now causes Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, and Lava Burst spells to gain an additional 32% benefit from the shaman’s spell power, up from 20%.

Warrior (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    • Deep Wounds should no longer ignore damage modifiers on a target. As an example, Smoldering Elementals in the Firelands should no longer take full damage from Deep Wounds, despite these creatures having damage reduction modifiers.

Dungeons & Raids
    • Players who die and release before a boss is killed should now receive Valor and Justice points. However, players that release at the moment the boss dies and are currently at the loading screen will become locked to the dungeon, but will not receive any currency for the kill. We’re working to address this in a future update.

Firelands
    • Alysrazor
      • Alysrazor cannot dodge or parry attacks from players.
      • Alysrazor’s melee evasion angle has been adjusted so that players have a larger area to use abilities which require that they be behind their target.
      • Blazing Talon Clawshapers will now properly aggro a new target when threat is dropped.
      • On Heroic difficulty, Brushfires will despawn once Firestorm is cast, and since the Initiates shield themselves during firestorm, none are cast again until it ends.
      • Molten Feather is removed once Alysrazor ignites at 50 energy, as opposed to when she burns out.
    • Baleroc
      • On 25-player Heroic difficulty, Torment now grants a stack of Vital Spark per 5 applications, up from 3. To compensate, Baleroc’s health has been reduced on 25-player Heroic difficulty.
    • Beth’tilac
      • Attacking the Fire Hawk flock along the way to Beth'tilac will not cause the Hell Hound pack to aggro as well.
    • Majordomo Fandral Staghelm
      • Fandral’s health has been reduced on 25-player Heroic difficulty.
      • Damage suffered from a shaman's Spirit Link totem will no longer break player Concentration.
      • Player pets should now benefit from their master's Concentration.
      • Fandral now gains energy when his Flame Scythe hits fewer than 7 targets. The amount gained increases as fewer targets are hit.

The Occulus
    • Wiping to Mage-Lord Urom in any phase of the encounter no longer causes players to be unable to use their Dragon Essences to mount drakes.

Items
    • The Moonwell Chalice is now on a shared cooldown with other on-use trinkets.
    • The Moonwell Phial is now on a shared cooldown with other on-use trinkets.

Professions
    • Crafted Bloodthirsty bind-on-equip relics and cloaks are no longer unique, allowing players to craft and hold more than one of the same item type in their inventories.

PvP
    Battlegrounds
    • Eye of the Storm has been temporarily removed from the Rated Battlegrounds options.

Quests & Creatures
    Eastern Plaguelands
    • Beezil Linkspanner's gossip option should now always be available if players have completed the quest Onward to Light's Hope Chapel, allowing players who have not already done so the ability to complete the achievement Full Caravan.

Hyjal Regrowth & Molten Front
    • Players should now be able to accept the quest Unlocking the Secrets Within from Rabine Saturna after turning in A Smoke-Stained Locket.
    • Players who are Hated or Hostile with the Steamwheedle Cartel faction can still turn in the quest Well Armed to Ricket.
    • The creature abilities Smoldering Roots and Blazing Stomp no longer affect pets (the unexpected launch of player pets no longer occurs).
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-07-27 at 08:56 AM.

Not so ninja stealth nerf anymore ! nerfs for us casuals

Any ideas as to why EotS was removed fro RBGs?

Still no Death Knight (Blood) changes to our mitigation being able to get dodge/parried/miss and us going splat in 2 - 3 hits on 25n/25h/10h QQ. I will kill a hamster every 1h until a Blood Death Knight change is made. (after all hamsters are dead I will move onto rabbits).

15+ Year Old Account
    Elemental buff - I approve!

Deleted
    So Shaman AOE damage in both specs still not adressed? For shame Blizzard. I'd expect a "We are working on that, stay tuned" at least :SWtf happened to EotS?

A little late on the occulus bug fix.

what happened to eye of strom ? i really like this

Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    So Shaman AOE damage in both specs still not adressed? For shame Blizzard. I'd expect a "We are working on that, stay tuned" at least :SWtf happened to EotS?
    Well you could get 10 priests to MC people and jump them to there deaths. Probably didn't have anything to do with it though.

Yay ele buff. I will go smile it at it now.

So they fixed bug with pet respawn after using taxi but what about bug with pet moving speed while you are mounted and being attacked by mobs(pet loses speed "buff" and moves at 100% speed while you won't remount)?And so "25 is harder then 10" and "shammies are crappy now" statements are confirmed by Blizz.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Deleted
    The Baleroc and Staghelm changes are pretty solid tbh. These 2 fights that are usually 4 healed , will now have to be 5-6 healed , and the dps requirement drops will allow it.

i cant wait to test this ele buff out, wanna see some improvement :P

"Shamanism (Elemental passive) now causes Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, and Lava Burst spells to gain an additional 32% benefit from the shaman’s spell power, up from 20%

I have to admit, I didn't see that coming, at all, but I'm very happy with this change, I really am.
    Last edited by Static; 2011-07-27 at 03:47 AM.

This buff is still not enough to get guilds to take a shamans serious in end game raiding content. They are still a dead weight. method probably carried there shaman to the kill.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    Well you could get 10 priests to MC people and jump them to there deaths. Probably didn't have anything to do with it though.
    I'm pretty sure it's hiding behind the walls at Mage Tower and capping the flag avoiding any and all AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Balo View Post
    This buff is still not enough to get guilds to take a shamans serious in end game raiding content. They are still a dead weight. method probably carried there shaman to the kill.
    Nevertheless, it's nice step, and hope we get to see more of these improvements coming.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balo View Post
    PvE is the only aspect of this game.
    Look out Allies, here I come!

"The Moonwell Chalice is now on a shared cooldown with other on-use trinkets" NOOO my grand plan... ruined! Power infusion+Jaws/intell trink+Moonwell=Bubblespam every 2min

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    Still no Death Knight (Blood) changes to our mitigation being able to get dodge/parried/miss and us going splat in 2 - 3 hits on 25n/25h/10h QQ. I will kill a hamster every 1h until a Blood Death Knight change is made. (after all hamsters are dead I will move onto rabbits).
    This is a hotfix update not a major patch. Hoping they work on DK too though, eventually.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3