Question Dailies and Questing at endgame

Aloha.
    Just poking around for a little bit of help. So I dinged my lock to 85 around a week ago.
    I have all the other classes on 85, excluding shaman and dk.
    And somehow I feel like doing dailies and questing in general, that require killing plenty of stuff around 70k-100k hp,
    awful slow incomparison to something like warrior, rogue, hunter, mage bla bla bla..
    So my question is which spec / rotation would be good for quests and dailies sort of stuff? Toll barad, firelands....
    Any other tips? Currently using demo/affli specs for raiding and solo stuff. Used to play destro but I really like the improved soulfire stressing, so I changed.
    I feel like affli would be the best if it wasnt that the soul swap glyph jumped from 15 sec to 30 :SSSSS. But now it feels rather slow too.

For actually killing things, Destro or Demo work fine.

If your goal is just the mass killing of everything (which honestly isn't practical or wanted most of the time) Affliction can dot and run, works like a charm.

i quest/solo as demo. i prefer the burst of it, if needed. i have a shadowbolt and felstorm macroed, though i usually use my non-spin SB. i'll keep the felstorm, for those times where you pull something unintended, like the molten giants when you've already got a few mobs on you. or if you play on a pvp server, for those times you get people jumping you.

for killing, send in your felguard and stick up an immolate and corruption on each mob you want, personally, i feel comfortable with 2 or 3, unless you've got your cds ready to go. ctrl +1 each mob, pulling them together, and HoG. finish with a SB, if you have a few, make your guy spin and win.

you don't want to bother with banes for random mobs, BoA and BoD either take ages to tick (bod) or take ages to tick at a decent strength (boa). same with coe, not worth the effort.

keep your felguard's axe toss somewhere close to hand, it's a really useful tool to have, again, i use it mainly for when getting jumped. oh, i nearly forgot, you should be using the shadowflame glyph, it makes your purple spew apply a slow, and is terribly useful.

nearly at 100 posts, imma find somewhere to rant!!

Aye, sounds like what im doing atm with demo. Felguard-> Immolate/Corr combo -> Hand of Yo'man! -> Shadowbolt / Incinerate to fill.
    (Fellstorm on multiples and Demonform on masspulls)
    Somehow it just feels slow.. guess its the cast times being quite big for what I have used to, and week fresh gear.
    Currenty I build up to around 7-8k dps per mob without fellstorm and demonform. Where I'we usually went over 10k with other chars, easily.
    I might be blinded by the gear too. Ilvl only 340 atm (<- lazy!)
    Affli goes around the same if I manage to do the swaps fluently. Demo is more stable and manawise anyway so been using it.
    Was thinking about destro but it would be a little bit of waste of specslot as I really need the raid affli and demo is just simply must for all locks.
    Maybe someday when destro comes a little more competitive again.

Deleted
    I'd recommend demo using fel hunter.

I was using it last night farming some volatiles and its a case of throwing immo+corr, hand of guldan and a 40k shadow bite from your pet. Move on!

If you want mass aoe use demo with felguard!

I just cannot belive what I see.... How hard is it really to kill mobs? READ what your abilitys do, go to a dummy or a mob and simply kill. How hard is it serously?

And how hard is it to read a thread? He asked which spec could mow down quest mobs the fastest, at no point did he say he couldn't do it at all. Given the amount of time spent discussing how best to kill a single boss mob I'd have thought one question on the quest mobs wouldn't be that offensive!

Aye, been thinking of felhound. Just been too relying on felguards safety, but i forget its pretty easy to swap if needed.
    So i did a little testing and with my current gear I kill one mob in around 8-10 seconds (felguard). With the obvious rotation above.
    Have you ever tried on anything similar? Results?

Ok felhound is a lot better. Improved to around 7 sec average.

PS: the ragers signature/quote is pretty ironic
    Last edited by Molvar; 2011-07-27 at 04:18 PM.